Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R35 GT-R V-Spec shows its face... and price

R35 GT-R V-Spec shows its face... and price

Nissan GT-R SpecV unveiled! - Autoblog

After nearly a year of speculation and spy shots, it's official: the Nissan GT-R SpecV has arrived. The limited edition GT-R is a subtle evolution of the super coupe that's set the world on fire after its introduction last year, and Nissan claims that it offers race car-levels of performance in a street-legal vehicle.

The body mods consist of a carbon fiber rear spoiler, grille and brake ducts, along with an exclusive Ultimate Black Opal paint job. On the inside, a set of carbon fiber Recaro buckets are fitted up front, while the rear seats have been nixed to save a few pounds. Carbon fiber also adorns the center storage box, instrument panel and replaces the majority of the interior trim.

The only substantive engine modification is a new high gear boost controller that increases the amount of compressed oxygen entering the twin-turbo'd 3.8-liter V6 to deliver more torque in mid- to high-range revs. A titanium-coated exhaust and a reworked suspension is fitted underneath, and carbon ceramic brakes hide behind 20-inch NISMO wheels that conspire to reduce unsprung mass and improve braking performance.

Sales begin in Japan at seven pre-selected dealers, with pricing set at 15,750,000 yen. There's no word on whether the GT-R SpecV will make the trek across the Pacific, but we're not holding our breath just yet.

gallery

2009 Nissan GT-R SpecV - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 01-08-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

It seems strange that they didn't CF the whole car.
    ¥15,750,000 is about $ 160-170,000 US.
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    TOKYO (Jan. 8, 2009) — Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced a new limited-production Nissan GT-R SpecV model, which goes on sale at seven specially selected Nissan dealers throughout Japan on February 2, 2009. The GT-R SpecV is targeted specifically at enthusiast drivers who desire race car-level performance in a street-legal vehicle.

Developed around the multi-dimensional Nissan GT-R sports car, introduced just more than one year ago to universal global acclaim, the new SpecV model builds on the original's "ultimate supercar that anyone can enjoy driving anywhere, at anytime" philosophy - taking it to an entirely new level of "oneness between man and machine." The SpecV model includes unique body, interior and performance equipment and modifications, raising the GT-R's unmatched performance to even higher levels.

The GT-R SpecV's new exterior features include a carbon fiber rear spoiler, a carbon fiber grille, and carbon fiber brake ducts. The SpecV is available exclusively in Ultimate Black Opal (RP) body color. Inside, the SpecV's unique two-seat interior (non-SpecV GT-R models also include a two-place rear seat) offers special Recaro carbon fiber bucket seats, while carbon fiber insets embellish the rear center storage box, instrument panel and other trim areas.

Performance is enhanced with a new high gear boost control device, which momentarily increases boost of the engine's twin turbochargers for greater torque in the intermediate-to-high speed ranges to provide a more powerful feeling of acceleration, while also allowing the engine to operate at a lower speed for improved fuel economy. Other modifications include a titanium-coated exhaust system and carbon-ceramic brakes that provide powerful stopping performance.

The GT-R SpecV is also equipped with lightweight, racing-style forged aluminum wheels that were developed for this model and have been sold by Nissan Motorsports International (NISMO) since September 2008. The lighter unsprung weight provided by the new wheels, together with the enhanced braking capability, an exclusive suspension and high-grip tires, combine to deliver the SpecV's exceptional performance.

The SpecV will be sold at the following seven dealer outlets, each of which is staffed by mechanics with special GT-R SpecV training and who are knowledgeable of racing circuit driving.

Dealer outlets selling the SpecV
    Ibaraki Nissan Sales Co., Ltd. Mito Sennami Outlet
    Nissan Prince Tokyo Sales Co., Ltd. Kamedo Outlet
    Nissan Prince Nagoya Sales Co., Ltd. Fukiage Outlet
    Nissan Prince Osaka Sales Co., Ltd. Horie Kawaguchi Outlet
    Nissan Prince Hyogo Sales Co., Ltd. Nada Outlet
    Nissan Prince Kagawa Sales Co., Ltd. Takamatsu Outlet
    Yamaguchi Nissan Sales Co., Ltd. Ogori Interchange Outlet

Suggested nationwide retail price (including consumption tax) 15,750,000 yen
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 01-08-2009 at 12:24 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Will this actually be faster than light?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Did you miss the part where they describe the Warp Drive?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Corvette ZR-1, eat your heart out.

Let the flame wars begin.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Corvette ZR-1, eat your heart out.

Let the flame wars begin.
    They're ramping up slowly, but they seem to be getting started on the other thread.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, a test mule has already damaged a wind turbine in Lincolnshire.

I heard it went so fast it created a wormhole and jumped into an alternate universe where Jeremy Clarkson is king and Mahatma Ghandi presents Top Gear
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

reportedly, this car is the only one that can save you from the LHC
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    reportedly, this car is the only one that can save you from the LHC
    When driven by a KFL Racing Enterprises driver.

more pics at autoblog.com Autoblog, and according to them the weight saved is only 132 lbs, while the carbo-cramic breakes should cost 45.000 $ (what?!?! that's a 370Z!!! no way!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    When driven by a KFL Racing Enterprises driver.
    that's the only explanation to the 'Ring times
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 01-08-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

It had to be done.

Attached Images Attached Images
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Beat me to it Leon. 15lb-ft of overboost in midrange is also available for 80 seconds. Double the price for what they give is what people will pay but it's a rip and the cash would probably be better spent on aftermarket parts or a tuned GT-R.

yeah, but no interior colour choices except black - YUKK! - and as far as I can see apart from a red no other bright colour choice.

now Nissan may have desired a sinister 'cave-like' image for the GTR for some obscure Eastern reason but I will never drive a b cave and when did ya last sit in a lounge or office painted all black and felt comfortable?

this car is too important and desirable not to have more colour choices

amazes me how these companies can get the marketing basics so wrong

I didn't read all the press, so I may have missed it..........did they list any production numbers for the Spec?

I do agree with some opinions here: for the price, the whole body should be CF. I would be more willing to pay for weight reduction than a power bump....since that can be easily attained in aftermarket.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Thread Information