Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden dead

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it will be in the next call of duty game..
    This = true.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    No worries, Al Quaida, along with Donald Trump apparently, have already denied it was Bin Laden. I also want to see the death certificate first!
    The very self-same sentiment many on your continent had after Hitler's demise...and, probably, of the ancient Greeks after Alex The Great left the stage. Doubt, indeed, can become a powerful human frailty...that we needs guard against, what?
    HERE'S THE FINE LADS WHO OFFED "BINNIE"!: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7SrvzIG32k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7SrvzIG32k[/ame]

Now times 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    oh dear
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

it's been so long since america had such an unambigously evil enemy (hai hitler!) that i can sort of understand the celebrations, i mean it's the first time they've stuck their dicks in someone else's affairs on the world stage and been in the right since ww2 really. it would not have suprised me if they'd captured him alive so they could stockpile him for future use, since outright villains seem to be in short supply when they need them
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

While itīs true that his death wonīt stop Al Qaeda and that now the world runs the risk of revenge attacks. I have to admit I was very very happy to hear he got a cap in his arse (ok in his chest and head).

He is responsible for thousands of inocent deaths in many countries and he got what was comming to him. Osama, may you burn in hell!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Well, sadly , taz if we attribute all deaths to the head of a nation/organisation we have many other "world leaders" who are more guilty

Besides, let's remember the many 10s of thousands of Russian soldiers maimed and killed by his efforts whilst armed and supported by us

Would have preferred non-lethal take-down and subsequent trial in International Court.
    If only all nations had signed to the charter for it it may have worked !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

WOrrying fall out of the Libya affair and US support for rebels seems to be ......

Mr Obama wants ­Megrahi to be tried in the States for putting a bomb on the New York-bound jet that blew up over Lockerbie, ­Scotland, in 1988, a crime for which he was convicted by a Scottish court
    What is going on ?
    He was tried in international court and imprisoned.
    You cant try him twice .... or is legal justice only permitted for one nation ?

Sounds like Obama is maybe getting as bad a "hawk" as the past right wing US presidents ? Or is he doing this to strenghen his campaign for re-election and garner support from those who believe it IS the god-given right to determine right/wrong ???

(blue touch paper lit .... now retires )

Well, sadly , taz if we attribute all deaths to the head of a nation/organisation we have many other "world leaders" who are more guilty

Besides, let's remember the many 10s of thousands of Russian soldiers maimed and killed by his efforts whilst armed and supported by us
    I see your point Peter, but while fighting the Soviets in Afganistan, Osama fought the soldiers that invaded. Funny how he never attacked the Soviet Union on their own ground.

There was no reason for attacking civilian non combatants in the World Trade Center and less for using comercial aircraft filled with more civilian non combatants as his weapons Not to mention all the other civilians he has killed in other parts of the world.

Would have preferred non-lethal take-down and subsequent trial in International Court.
    If only all nations had signed to the charter for it it may have worked !!!
    It would have been nice to his arse arrested and tried...but I canīt help but smile knowing heīs dead. True, revenge doesnīt solve anything and it doesnīt bring back all those poor folks, but it does feel good in this case.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it's been so long since america... i mean it's the first time they've stuck their dicks in someone else's affairs on the world stage and been in the right since ww2 really.
    Your brave countrymen ("Diggers") who fought so courageously along side us in Korea and 'Nam (ETC.) are undoubtedly overjoyed to be set straight, by you, re. the need/efficacy for those (& other) conflicts. I join them also in pious gratefulness.

hook, line, sinker..
    i guess the war on terrorism is over! USA! USA!
    we can finally leave the middle east now, yeah?

http://devour.com/video/usa-usa-usa/

maybe next month they can find nuclear weapons in iraq, and america can pretend to be a grown up again.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 05-04-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    While itīs true that his death wonīt stop Al Qaeda and that now the world runs the risk of revenge attacks. I have to admit I was very very happy to hear he got a cap in his arse (ok in his chest and head).

He is responsible for thousands of inocent deaths in many countries and he got what was comming to him. Osama, may you burn in hell!!
    Already happening, but with that said, If you're a praying man keep us in your prayers, because we need all the help we can get. And I would like to be able to come home and see my wife and son again. Thanks in advance for your prayers, for me, and the rest of the deployed soldiers.

I'm in the uncomfortable with grave dancing camp. Bin Laden was venal, doing no favors for Islam with his vision of jihad bringing a modern caliphate and religious supremacy. Exposing that lunacy at the Hague would have been more powerful than this revenge killing. Saddam should have been brought to trial as well, not summarily executed... but we couldn't have him giving the kind of testimony that keeps beneficiaries of Western military control of resources awake at night. Matra's right: had either been tried publicly some very inconvenient truths about US foreign policy decisions would have been exposed, and it ain't pretty, or reflect the "values" some Americans claim as exceptional. Some of our own "leaders" should have been brought to the Hague as well.

OBL hated democracy as much as he hated the oligarchs in his own family, the reason his movement never grew as much as Western media wanted us to believe. The recent upwelling by the people of the Middle East largely reject Al Qaida... they know how empty Bin Laden's world view was. They want their culture and freedom of thought, a voice in their governance... along with modern conveniences and priviledge that until only recently was available only to their elite. Egypt, Libya, Bahrain and the rest of the region are in flux and know the rest of the world is watching. They seek to throw the yoke of despots and puppets paid for by the USA, our allies and influence... and yet, as I watched on Al Jazeera after the announcement of the raid, they give praise to the USA for ridding them of a walking stigma.

Anyone who has studied the demographic and cultural shifts in the Middle East of the past three decades understands their sentiment. Fear of reprisal from an increasingly alienated small group of religious fundamentalists shouldn't dissuade the rest of the world from supporting a Middle East united in freedom.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by zuzulo56 View Post
    Your brave countrymen ("Diggers") who fought so courageously along side us in Korea and 'Nam (ETC.) are undoubtedly overjoyed to be set straight, by you, re. the need/efficacy for those (& other) conflicts. I join them also in pious gratefulness.
    I am sure they are equally undoubtedly overjoyed to have you speak on all their behalf as to how they really felt about those particular conflicts.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I see your point Peter, but while fighting the Soviets in Afganistan, Osama fought the soldiers that invaded. Funny how he never attacked the Soviet Union on their own ground.

There was no reason for attacking civilian non combatants in the World Trade Center and less for using comercial aircraft filled with more civilian non combatants as his weapons Not to mention all the other civilians he has killed in other parts of the world.
    But that's the definition of a terrorist ( or freedom fighter !)
    Let's remember how many "civilians" died and continue to die in actions supported by our nations Not fall in to the trap that ours are wars and theirs are terrorist attacks. A rocket falling in any nation in and around Israel is wrong, yet one side is suported and not taken to task on UN resolutions and the other is condemned ??

With Afghan 0 the Russian army "invaded" and fought an open battle.
    Western political factions dont do it so openly and thus I can see WHY the likes of the Palestinian and Lebanese in the past felt the ONLY way is to attack the aggressor. Just our aggresions were financial, political, multinational control and UN actions to subdue their advancement.

Let's not forget that in the fight for American independance not every battle and dead English soldier was done in open field

NOW, NOT condoning, but attempting to grasp the things that leads these folsk to the insanity they end up with. ( Again, maybe some of use who have faced open terrorism on our streets for 40+ years are more adept at realising it's not black/white, them/use, right/wrong and the only way out is by peace as nobody can "win" )

So just as students rioted on American university campuses in the 60s ... sometimes people think violence against those who can be reached is "legititimate"

NOW, before Glenn Beck reads this and does a batshit-crazy on me ....... I NEVER condone violence, terrorism nor acts unlawful. BUT, can see how some MAY chose that route with a warped sense of what is going on. Just as GWB/Blair did over WMDs.

It would have been nice to his arse arrested and tried...but I canīt help but smile knowing heīs dead. True, revenge doesnīt solve anything and it doesnīt bring back all those poor folks, but it does feel good in this case.
    Well I never smile about anyones death.
    I will mourn the bad things all do in whatever god/nation/politic they claim. BUT, rather see them incarcerated and isolated till they die of natural causes.

Reminded of a quote regarding WW2 Nuremburg trials ..."When Goering collected himself enough to talk, he said that he had naturally expected the death penalty, and was glad that he had not gotten a life sentence, because those who are sentenced to life imprisonment never become martyrs."

So making them dead martyrs gives them strength we shodul never allow.

Making them suffer a life away from all, isolated, alone a much more effective lesson for all. ( and YES, differeing rules need written for it to avoid the problem when Megrahi was handed to Scottish prison where our laws REQUIRE the process to have compassion for dying people. Nobody will make that oversight again ! )

solid words ..............
    Quote Originally Posted by WRONGLY ATTIBUTED TO .... Martin Luther King, Jr
    I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    EDIT: Still do like the sentiment as a measure of mans progress !!!!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-05-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: NOT mlk it seems

Thread Information