Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

wow so its actually faster than a veyron at 1000 kmh!~~~ awesome~

Anyone slightly disappointed with the way cars sound?

I had won the Mazda Furai concept and was expecting it to sound like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEOHn7rspsk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEOHn7rspsk[/ame]

But it absolutely was not that. I was really disappointed.

And it handles somewhat strangely too- grips very strongly, but then when you lose grip, you lose grip very quickly.

The GTseries has never been good at engine noises - it's rare to find a game that is it seems. GT Legends was the first time I really felt like I was sitting in an old V8 race car.. the Shelby Mustang GT350 in that game sounds absolutely brutal.. loved it.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thats been a pretty consistent criticism of the game. I gave up on the game a long time ago though, been getting my fix on F1 2010.
    I am the Stig

GT5 right now seems very dead, theese seasonal events are just a poor excuse to keep playing the game.

And yes, the sounds are terrible, nothing sounds like it should and a lot of the cars sound the same. I mean how hard can it be when 10-15 year old games have great sounds and GT keeps on playing vacum cleaners? Sports car gt sounded great, nfs 2 se... etc.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I still play GT5 quite often....not so much to race anymore but just to drive for the fun of it....the sound is really only so-so since day one. Though going to 5.1 made it a bit more interesting...

I just can't seem to get into Shift 2...the graphics just look cartoony with all the ADD-friendly bloom and sparkle....though it does sound good....and the physics is still odd feeling...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I was slightly impressed by the sound of Honda Civics in the game. I'm used to hearing Hondas.

But the sound of the Furai was truly horrendous.

The seasonal events are only good for getting money- leveling up and getting good cars is not easy to do.

A bit of an update.

I'm quite far into the game now, but I don't feel any incentive to delve any deeper into the game.

It's a boring game to be very honest. B-spec is more baby sitting than anything else.

The reward for completing most A-spec races is totally asinine- most cars are standard cars and cars I'd never touch with a 10 foot pole.

I'm not going to invest a couple hours into a race just to win two Daihatsu Midgets.

It's stupid to build half a game around babysitting a digital racing driver.

And I feel short changed for so many cars that should be premium but aren't.

It's quite dead to me, don't feel like playing it at all, it's boring, i'm just in the process of buying cars and going driving them in my favourite circuits, like 10mins a day, and i haven't done it in a while know. been playing Fallout 3 again.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Jeez, I know GT5 is boring, but it's not as boring as Gilmore Girls. I've sort of transitioned over to Dirt 3 now-a-days. There's just something so fun about driving a Sierra Cosworth; I like to use a slightly more closed diff than recommended by the game regardless of car.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Jeez, I know GT5 is boring, but it's not as boring as Gilmore Girls. I've sort of transitioned over to Dirt 3 now-a-days. There's just something so fun about driving a Sierra Cosworth; I like to use a slightly more closed diff than recommended by the game regardless of car.
    Is it any good? I considered buying it, but the gimkana thingy sort of ended putting me off a bit too much...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Dont like Dirt-3 all the gymkhana stuff just gets in the way and the game is TOO easy to drift imho. The "proper" rally stages seem to ahve dropped back to the problems CMR2 had that in some it's like being on rails and putting wheels off the "track" isn't as realistic.
    I think it's been dumbed down even on full sim mode

TO be fiar been using old wheel as my G25 cable got chewed .... thanks pets ... and not repaired it yet.

EDIT: Actuall on the gymkhana stuff I foudn if you get to where the donuts or the large circcular drifts then you can lock it in place with no need to put any control inputs in and let it "spin" for the minute you have to do and rack up enough points to "pass" and let you get on to the real stuff
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I still play GT5 maybe every other day. As I've done before with GT4 I am just driving the cars I want on tracks I want. Nowadays I am driving mostly FWD hatch backs in various state of tune....and also sliding US muscle cars like old Camaro...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Is it any good? I considered buying it, but the gimkana thingy sort of ended putting me off a bit too much...
    It's a fun game, with emphasis on fun. I can't comment on the realism of the controls (I'll save that for Matra ), but it is EXTREMELY twitchy on the analog stick. The wheel, or so I heard, is better.

Main complaint is with the DLC/not-DLC. You get a lot of really fun cars, but the fun fun stuff (Lancia Stratos, Group A BMW M3 rally car, the Lancia Delta S4, as well as Monte Carlo stages to name a few) is all DLC.

The Gymkhana mode is a fun gimmick reminiscent of the old Tony Hawk games only with cars instead of skateboards. If you liked it, buy it now.

So to sum it all up, it's a fun game that's not going to unseat rFactor. If you can live with that and you don't find Ken Block nauseous, buy it, but I'm not so sure I could justify a full price purchase.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    It's a fun game, with emphasis on fun. I can't comment on the realism of the controls (I'll save that for Matra ), but it is EXTREMELY twitchy on the analog stick. The wheel, or so I heard, is better.

Main complaint is with the DLC/not-DLC. You get a lot of really fun cars, but the fun fun stuff (Lancia Stratos, Group A BMW M3 rally car, the Lancia Delta S4, as well as Monte Carlo stages to name a few) is all DLC.

The Gymkhana mode is a fun gimmick reminiscent of the old Tony Hawk games only with cars instead of skateboards. If you liked it, buy it now.
    I'd agree with all of this.
    On xbox controller the steering is very twitchy, I went off so much! You get used to it though and once you do it really fun for a quick blast.
    The night stages are really hard though, especially trailblazer where you get no directions and can see about 2ft in front of the car (maybe like real life though : ))
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Thread Information