Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Evo Big Power Kit Launched: 511 bhp!

Mitsubishi Evo Big Power Kit Launched: 511 bhp!

Mitsubishi Evo Big Power Kit Launched: 511 bhp

United Kingdom based Owen Developments are renowned for their innovative development of turbocharger and high performance engine technologies. Since the mid-eighties part of their expertise has been to rebuild and blueprint turbochargers for both fast road and motorsport competition cars.

Now Owen Developments are launching their Mitsubishi Evo Big Power Kit suitable for all Lancer Evolutions ranging from series 4 to 9 which have already had the FQ400 engine modifications.

The latest power boost kit, gives up to 511 bhp at 7,100 rpm and 426 lb-ft of torque at 5,219 rpm.

By designing a new inlet manifold Owen Developments can now use the latest remote wastegated GT30 range of Garrett high performance ball bearing turbochargers. Having a remote wastegate allows for a more efficient turbine housing which in turn provides more boost and less ‘turbo-lag’.

The new Big Power Kits can provide between 405 and 511 bhp depending on the customer’s requirements.

Brian Owen, managing director, said, "Customers wanting our new Big Power Kit must make sure their Lancer Evolution engine has already been significantly modified to FQ400 specification. At this stage we cannot talk about what price these new kits will be because that will depend upon the specification and condition of the engine. In every case we need customers to talk to us directly so we can discuss with them what specification their Evolution engine is and what specification Evo Big Power Kit we need to supply."

Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Didnt the FQ400 do 0-60 in 3.6 or summin??

With 25% more power.... giant slayer!!
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Didnt the FQ400 do 0-60 in 3.6 or summin??

With 25% more power.... giant slayer!!
    More likely TRANSMISSION SLAYER
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

They should put out an interior quality improvement kit...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

think of the off-boost lag on it. i remember aeeing the fq400 on top gear against some normal hatchback
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    think of the off-boost lag on it. i remember aeeing the fq400 on top gear against some normal hatchback
    it's called shifting down ...

you can't shift down if you're only in first gear...

i.e. accelerating from a stop

thats why you rev it until it is boosting then slip the clutch to move of quickly, they're AWD remember

wow you've obviously never driven a car b4 ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    thats why you rev it until it is boosting then slip the clutch to move of quickly, they're AWD remember
    oh duh true, i forgot about launching. i was thinking just starting from a dead stop, you'd get lag that way

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    wow you've obviously never driven a car b4 ...
    what are you talking about?

any car with the exception of super minis and nething of the sort can spin their wheels in first gear, lag aint a problem, lag's only a problem when the gear ratios forces you into the no boost range in an upshift
    and if you want a good launch off any vehicle you'd have to rev pretty damn far up the rev range and dump the clutch, slipping the clutch will technically give you better times but then u would end up with a useless clutch after a few runs

dont trust everything clarkson says :P

slipping the clutch will technically give you better times but then u would end up with a useless clutch after a few runs

dont trust everything clarkson says :P
    yeah thats the downside. An Aussie mag tested an Evo 9, MY06 STi and a Clubsport and they said the Clubsports 0-100 time was the only one you'd actually want to try and repeat

when i launch my turbo car its between 4-5 thousand rpm so its on boost when it launches but i dont have to snap 2nd straight away. ID imagine in an AWD such as the STI clutch popping would break a gearbox before the clutch.
    The Datto will rage again...

any car with the exception of super minis and nething of the sort can spin their wheels in first gear, lag aint a problem, lag's only a problem when the gear ratios forces you into the no boost range in an upshift
    i know...i've spun the wheels of even a '94 saturn 4 door

Thread Information