Thread: 2009 Monterey Motoring Week Preview ...

2009 Monterey Motoring Week Preview ...

From next Tuesday the Monterey Peninsula will once again be the centre of the classic car world. There will be numerous events headlined by the Monterey Historic Races over the weekend and the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on Sunday. In addition there are several major auction where some absolutely spectacular machines will hopefully change hands. To attend all of these is virtually impossible but we will try our best. To get an impression of what to expect and/or where to go we have compiled a detailed event by event Monterey Motoring Week. We have also highlighted several cars that we will be shown / raced over the week.
    Some of the most exciting cars to appear in Monterey will be brought by the auctioneers. The RM Auctions sale will last three full evenings and includes this fabulous Miller V16. The one-off machine first raced at Indy in 1931 and has recently been restored to a fabulous condition. Another V16-engined machine to go across the block is the Auto Union Type D, which we shot earlier this year at its spiritual home Reims. Gooding rounds off the events on Sunday evening and have consigned some spectacular machines like Ettore's personal Bugatti Type 57 C Coupe, the turbine-engined Ghia Gilda and a unique Bohman & Schwartz bodied Duesenberg.
    At the Monterey Historic Races some very rare racing cars will hit the track. The Porsche 917 40th anniversary will celebrated in great style and Brian Redman is set to drive the 917 PA Spyder. There will also be numerous Bugattis out to celebrate the French company's 100th birthday like this Type 59 Grand Prix.
    At Pebble we will see all three of the highly successful Bentley Speed Six Team Cars that were originally campaigned in the 1929 and 1930 seasons. Some manufacturers will also bring world debuts to Pebble. Among them is Infiniti, which will reveal the M.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Monterey Motoring Week Preview

1929 - 1930 Bentley Speed Six Works Team Car - Images, Specifications and Information

1933 - 1936 Bugatti Type 59 Grand Prix - Images, Specifications and Information

1955 Ghia Streamline X 'Gilda' Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Infiniti M - Images, Specifications and Information

1931 Miller V16 - Images, Specifications and Information

1969 - 1971 Porsche 917 PA Spyder - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

So other than Wouter, Henk and I, who of the community will be in the monterey area this upcoming week?
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 08-06-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    So other than Wouter, Henk and I, who of the community will be in the monetery area this upcoming week?
    Napolis...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'll be there, arriving late Wed, Thursday doing a drive on the southern loop through Hunter Liggott, Friday the BMW CCA event & The Quail, and Saturday at the track. (Home early Sunday)

There'll be three of us Z8'ers so say hi if you see us. I organized and planned the entire week for a group of 30 Z8's last year, which was both a lot of fun but way too much work to do again!
    macfly
    www.bmwz8.us

Count me in!
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Monterey pictures.

[ame="http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=1673"]Wed & Thurs[/ame] - featuring McCall's and Baja Cantina

[ame="http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=1840"]Friday[/ame] - featuring BMW CCA event & The Quail.

[ame="http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=1843"]Saturday[/ame] - featuring the Hisoric Races at the track
    macfly
    www.bmwz8.us

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Monterey pictures.

Wed & Thurs - featuring McCall's and Baja Cantina

Friday - featuring BMW CCA event & The Quail.

Saturday - featuring the Hisoric Races at the track
    I saw a black Z8 in the paddock of the Historics on Saturday, was that you?
    (did you get a vest?)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I did see a pair of black Z8's, one in the Paddock was an Alpina, and owned by the wife of one of the racers, and another was in the corrall of the BMW Club between Turn 4 & 5. Mine was luxuriating in the Mother's tent were the team were using her as a polish demo. Jolly handy to get the park on the grass, under some shade, away from the dust, and get a free detail into the bargain!! :-)

[ame=http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=1842]Mother's Z8 cleaning & polish products. - BMW Z8 Board[/ame]
    macfly
    www.bmwz8.us

Thread Information