Thread: All new GT2 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R first images and detailed specifications ...

All new GT2 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R first images and detailed specifications ...

A few days ahead of its on-track debut, GM Racing has released the full details of the all new Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2. It replaces the original Corvette C6.R that has been one of the dominant GT1 racers in recent years. In fact it still is, underlined by victories at Le Mans and in the Spa 24 Hours just a few weeks ago.
    Especially in the United States, Corvette Racing was only rarely challenged in the GT1 class. Seeking more competition, the team decided to build a brand new racing car to compete in the hotly disputed GT2 class, where it will face the likes of Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Spyker.
    Whereas the GT1 was derived from the Z06 Corvette, the basis for the C6.R GT2 is formed by the highly acclaimed ZR-1. To comply with the regulations, the supercharger had to be removed from the V8 and the displacement lowered slightly. Breathing through tight restrictors, the 'LS7.R' is still good for 470 bhp, which brings it on par with the competition. A brand new 5.5 liter is in the works for 2010. Power is transferred to the rear wheels through a six-speed sequential gearbox. Like the road car, the GT2 racers sports an aggressively composite body. The livery is familiar but has unique touches to distinguish the C6.R GT2 from its predecessor.
    The new Corvette racer will debut this weekend at the Mid Ohio round of the American Le Mans Series. The two cars entered will be piloted by Johnny O'Connell, Jan Magnussen, Olivier Beretta and Oliver Gavin. It will be very interesting to see if the well tested machines can immediately reach the high level of the Porsches and Ferraris.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 - Images, Specifications and Information
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 08-04-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.
    Last edited by henk4; 08-09-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pretygirl View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.
    as far as I can see the link to the Corvette is working, or do you mean something else?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information