Thread: Geneva: Very extreme Lamborghini Veneno and all-new Porsche 911 GT3 ...

Geneva: Very extreme Lamborghini Veneno and all-new Porsche 911 GT3 ...

On the eve of the Geneva Motor Show, Lamborghini has revealed a very limited production model to celebrate the company's 50th anniversary this year. Dubbed the Veneno after a fighting bull, the new high performance machine is loosely based on the Aventador with a similar chassis and a 750 hp version of its V12. What sets the extreme machine apart is the particularly striking body design, which is wilder than any Lamborghini that has gone before. From the tip of its F1-inspired nose to the shark fin mounted on the engine cover and full-width rear wing, there is not a subtle line to be found on the Veneno. Production is limited to just 3 examples and potential buyers will have to look very deep into their check books as the base price is EUR 3 million without taxes.
    Porsche have also released the first details of their Geneva star on the eve of its official debut. Although more modest in every respect compared to the Veneno, the all-new Porsche 911 GT3 is nevertheless very highly anticipated. The racer for the road is powered by a 475 hp engine, which sends its power to the rear wheels through a PDK, dual-clutch gearbox. Aiding the handling is an active steering rear axle, which is a first on a Porsche. With the help of the added horses and technology, the 911 GT3 is now capable of completing a lap of the Nurburgring in under 7:30 minutes.
    This concludes our previews of the Geneva Motor Show and we will soon get back to you with news and photographs straight from the show floor of what promises to be one of the greatest editions in recent years.

Enjoy the links:

2013 Lamborghini Veneno - Images, Specifications and Information

2013 Porsche 911 GT3 - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

New GT3 uses a PDK over a standard gearbox? A sad day... I hope other examples will feature a traditional 6 speed, 3 pedal design.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    New GT3 uses a PDK over a standard gearbox? A sad day... I hope other examples will feature a traditional 6 speed, 3 pedal design.
    I can see the 997 GT3 to be highly sought after in the future, kind of how the Carrera RS is now.

Time to start a trust fund by buying up 997 GT3s!

All kidding aside, the 911 Carrera S may be the only 911 to have a manual and still be RWD.

Then again, I guess you could kit a Carrera S with a GT3 body kit and call it a day. Porsche Design would love to do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    It's worse than that. It has electric power steering in the front, rear wheel steering in the middle and no Metzger engine in the back (whatever this last one means).

Sacrilege!

I command all petrolheads who want to buy it to buy a Cayenne Diesel instead as a form of protest.

Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I gotta head to work, so no new thread... But the name of the new Ferrari is LaFerrari?! Really?!

Also it's fairly ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I gotta head to work, so no new thread... But the name of the new Ferrari is LaFerrari?! Really?!

Also it's fairly ugly.
    The name is indeed awful. I would refuse to buy it just to not say Ferrari LaFerrari if anyone asked "so, what are you driving these days?".

However.

It's a superbly good looking car. It feels/looks a bit like an Enzo designed properly.

I think it's the first Ferrari since the... uh... I don't know, the 288 GTO? that looks properly fantastic.

Well done Ferrari!

Now scrap the rest of your lineup.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd say it's a definite improvement in the design department, but not quite there yet.
    Sounds nice, though I don't think Ferrari's ability to build an engine was ever in doubt.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iRsV6YpLsKA"]LaFerrari - official launch video - YouTube[/ame]
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I command all petrolheads who want to buy it to buy a Cayenne Diesel instead as a form of protest.
    You know, that sounds more appealing than an automatic GT3. I'll jump on board in protest.

(... God, I hope Lotus doesn't go in this direction; wasn't expecting Porsche to stoop this low... at least not for the GT3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Now scrap the rest of your lineup.
    458! Ugly but awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I'd say it's a definite improvement in the design department, but not quite there yet.
    Sounds nice, though I don't think Ferrari's ability to build an engine was ever in doubt.
    LaFerrari - official launch video - YouTube
    Aerodynamics are for those that can't build a good engine.

i did like andreas explaining clutch kicking inthe interview.. you can tell economics forced him to have the PDK, but that he made it into something he likes (refer to sig for an earlier quote of his.. LOL)
    likewise the engine, the only thing that bothers me is the electric steering now. and the wing needs to be more ridiculous. or more subtle, it's too inbetween as is.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    458! Ugly but awesome!
    FF, ugly but practical?
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information