Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are classic car people nuts ?

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I have a friend who has a first generation 323i and turned it into a 323. What does it mean? It means that he took of the injection and bolted three double carbs.

Performance went up, and the noise....ooooh the noise is beautiful!!!
    MPG were down the sink of course. But it is now a proper classic!
    Waaw, that's amazing, where did he find the cylinders to put the third carb on?

On second thoughts: I was thinking Mazda, but you were thinking BMW?
    Last edited by henk4; 10-28-2004 at 03:00 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I find the response is better than with injection too, at least stock injection. I've spent more time driving carb'd cars than injected ones though, so for all I know the newer ones are getting better.

Wish I could afford the Weber carb setup for the 351W I wanna build. That would be sweetness having quad Webers sittin up there like a sno-cone.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Waaw, that's amazing, where did he find the cylinders to put the third carb on?

Sorry to be bad on you HEnk, but now it's your mistake!!!

First generation 323i had already 6 cylinders! Go check it out or just ask Matt. He's someone who knows BMW's very well.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Sorry to be bad on you HEnk, but now it's your mistake!!!

First generation 323i had already 6 cylinders! Go check it out or just ask Matt. He's someone who knows BMW's very well.
    you quoted my unedited post
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

you quoted my unedited post
    That's it! Sorry for being too fast. You see, I'm still 26 so I'm a bit on the fast type....

Yes, I meant BMW. Why would I bother talking of Mazdas 323 in a forum of a page called UltimateCarPage, anyway?

Tha only Mazda I care about is the MX-5 and I'm about to own one.

Yes, I meant BMW. Why would I bother talking of Mazdas 323 in a forum of a page called UltimateCarPage, anyway?
    You will be surprised about the popularity of the 323F in Holland with the ricer community. It seems to be one of the coolest cars around.

You will be surprised about the popularity of the 323F in Holland with the ricer community. It seems to be one of the coolest cars around.

But I don't relate with ricers! You should feel that!

But I don't relate with ricers! You should feel that!
    Yeah I know, just having to get into gear again after return from the dark central region of Kazakhstan.

Yeah from 4000 rpm on the Mini sounds like magic, good thing I went for one of the very last carb engined Minis built.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 10-28-2004 at 03:37 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Yeah 4000 rpm on the Mini sounds like magic, good thing I went for one of the very last carb engined Minis built.
    it is even more magical that it can reach 4000 in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Yeah 4000 rpm on the Mini sounds like magic, good thing I went for one of the very last carb engined Minis built.

I recall loving a ride in an awful AX Sport, just because of the sounds those carbs made. GTI was far better, but the Sport was more on the wild side!

it is even more magical that it can reach 4000 in the first place

As long as it doesn't desintegrate, it's fine!

I need to make a file with the sound of my Fiat revving.
    Ah, the old school... I was I was born those days.

I need to make a file with the sound of my Fiat revving.
    I was I was born those days.
    That would take me back , I am from those days.

I have a friend who has a first generation 323i and turned it into a 323. What does it mean? It means that he took of the injection and bolted three double carbs.

MPG were down the sink of course. But it is now a proper classic!
    I never said there wernt advantages either way if you read further on in my posts....I was just curious why JCP didnt want to add injection and he gave a very good reason.

I used to have a mate at school who owned a mini and he litrally handedits ass too it.....it was really luckytomake it past4000 rpm.....i rember a fullyloaded car me the driver and 3 other guys in the back (im shure they where all breating in and out at the same time lol) and with the severly/poorly maintian engine it was struggling to make it upsome of the most minor inclines eventully he blew a hole in the engine (seperating the fuel pump from the block) and manged to get withing a block from his house....by that time the engine truly expired and is unlikly to ever turn again (poor little mini) and suprisingly he wants to get another one....i fear for my life (he was mad as a cut snake in case you havent figured it out already)

Well mate, you see if a car is still running after 40 years with the "Original" Parts why change them? do u believe ur brand new commodores will be still running in 40 years letalone keeping up and beating brand new sports cars like my "Original" HQ Does?

Thread Information