Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda Mazdaspeed 6

Get the Mazdaspeed3 instead. It's cheaper and just as fast, if not faster
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    Get the Mazdaspeed3 instead. It's cheaper and just as fast, if not faster
    It'll probably be much more mental than the 6 though...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    It'll probably be much more mental than the 6 though...
    Well it's been tested to have quicker in gear acceleration than an M5. I'd say that = mental
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Too bad it's still front wheel drive My brother just ordered a 6 MPS - arrives on Monday.
    - IS250fied -

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Well it's been tested to have quicker in gear acceleration than an M5. I'd say that = mental
    Yes but imagine putting 250bhp and 380Nm through the front wheels...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not too bad from the reviews I've read. Torque is limited in 1st and 2nd but it'll still lit up the front lights. Pretty sharp and importantly, a whole lotta fun. I'll try and get a review of it scanned in.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

2.3l Turbo

That same 2.3lieter is going into the Mazda 3 body style. Its a preety good size hach and the motor is suppose to be a bit more tuned then the one in the mazda 6. Its suppose to have a base price of somewhere around 22k, but it is not determind. Motortrend and Compact Car are calling it the best front wheel drive car ever made! But who knows? Ya know? ^_^

That's what we've been talking about for the whole of this page. And it's less powerful than the 6 MPS
    – Hunter Thompson

Well having driven both of them side-by-side at a racetrack I can tell you they are waaaay different cars. The 6 MPS is very smooth and classy, and feels very "planted" on the road. Whereas the 3 sits up higher and feels a lot more "darty".

The 3 MPS is actually advertised as having the same power as the 6 MPS (190kW, 380Nm), but weighs about 200kg less. So theoretically the 3 should be faster in a straight line (3 MPS = 6.1sec, compared to the 6 MPS = 6.6sec ), but i'm not too sure about when it comes to corners, as the 6 seemed very neutral compared with the 3.

Supprisingly there is little torque-steer in the 3, and it doesnt understeer as much as you would expect. It's also quite a lot louder than the 6, both in exhaust note and induction noise.
    Last edited by Machalel; 09-05-2006 at 08:15 PM.

3 mps does understeer and there is a bit of torque steer when u get up it, but way less than what u'd expect , especially when dsc is left on.
    for a quick take off i've found turning dsc off, dial up 2500rpm and step off the clutch and change at 5500rpm. u get wheel spin through second and into third but very few things on the road (at least here in darwin) keep up with it . if u leave dsc on, as soon as the fronts start slipping the traction control dumps most of ur boost through the wastegate and u gotta wait while it builds again. would like to put my 3 mps up against a 6 through the twisties just gotta find some everythings kinda flat and straight out here

Thread Information