Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    I was there yesterday, it's boring as batshit to watch from the trackside. 5th year in a row attendance, only one if which I was there for the actual race and I had no clue what was happening. Since then I've always gone for either practice or qualy and watched the race from home in the comfort of my couch.

Perhaps next year I may attend the whole weekend depending on media access etc.
    Couldn't agree less, if you will excuse my insolence. I was there last year in agony as Lewis whipped the Ferraris, sad as hell but thoroughly enjoying it all (bar the nauseating heat). Couldn't go this year, will the next.

Brawn, being ex-Ferrari technical director, managed his cars to finish 1-2 in the first race of the season. How do you think Ferrari is feeling?
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

I don't think they can do much about that really. The case for Brawn was interesting in that he was broght in to reform Honda F1, and they gave up 2008 long before the season ended. So their budget and resources was devoted to this car very early last year. So while at the moment it was very much a Privateer effort, it was developed with a lot of factory funding. Ferrari would never have done that since like McLaren, they fought to the end of last year to try to win.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Lola Aston Martin...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

would be cool though

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Lola Aston Martin...
    As if the information in posts 154 and 155 were just a coincidence to come out at the same time.

So, for 2010 we can expect the appearance of USF1, Lola, Aston Martin, Hyundai... Who else? I think I'm starting to like the new rules in F1. Mad season start, potential new teams...

If Mosley doesnt come up with a rules package for his proposed budget cap idea next year, the whole thing's going to be a farce as those teams operating to the $30m wont have nearly enough time to pen a serious design, and the FIA will still hobble the unlimited spend teams so theres the appearance of equality, or furthermore so the budget cap teams are still faster to suit his agenda.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    So, for 2010 we can expect the appearance of USF1, Lola, Aston Martin, Hyundai... Who else?
    Else is iSport currently racing in GP2...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari
    The Board of Directors also examined developments related to recent decisions taken by the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile during an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on 29 April 2009. Although this meeting was originally called only to examine a disciplinary matter, the decisions taken mean that, for the first time ever in Formula 1, the 2010 season will see the introduction of two different sets of regulations based on arbitrary technical rules and economic parameters.

The Board considers that if this is the regulatory framework for Formula 1 in the future, then the reasons underlying Ferrari’s uninterrupted participation in the World Championship over the last 60 years – the only constructor to have taken part ever since its inception in 1950 – would come to a close.

The Board also expressed its disappointment about the methods adopted by the FIA in taking decisions of such a serious nature and its refusal to effectively reach an understanding with constructors and teams. The rules of governance that have contributed to the development of Formula 1 over the last 25 years have been disregarded, as have the binding contractual obligations between Ferrari and the FIA itself regarding the stability of the regulations. The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of the FOTA’s endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are the priorities for the future. If these indispensable principles are not respected and if the regulations adopted for 2010 will not change, then Ferrari does not intend to enter its cars in the next Formula 1 World Championship.

Ferrari trusts that its many fans worldwide will understand that this difficult decision is coherent with the Scuderia’s approach to motor sport and to Formula 1 in particular, always seeking to promote its sporting and technical values. The Chairman of the Board of Directors was mandated to evaluate the most suitable ways and methods to protect the company’s interests.
    it seems only BrawnGP, Williams and Force India are fine with the 2010 rules, or maybe they just wait for the other to speak

Another official statement

Quote Originally Posted by Renault
    The decision of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) to introduce two
    sets of Formula One technical regulations for the 2010 Formula One season has
    caused the Renault Group to reconsider its entry in next year’s FIA Formula One
    World Championship.
    There is frustration that FOTA’s constructive proposals, including major cost saving
    measures to be adopted progressively between 2009 and 2012, which were carefully
    constructed by FOTA members, have been completely ignored without any form of
    consultation by the FIA with the teams.
    It should be stressed that FOTA has set the same, if not lower, financial objective as
    the FIA, but Renault strongly believes that this must be introduced through a different
    procedure agreed by all parties.
    Renault also believes that it is paramount that the governance of the sport is
    coordinated with a spirit of consultation with all parties (FIA, FOM, FOTA) in order to
    achieve a better balance between the costs and the revenues. Renault is also of the
    firm view that all entrants in the World Championship must adhere to and operate
    under the same regulations.
    President of the ING Renault F1 Team, Bernard Rey, commented: “Renault has
    always considered Formula One as the pinnacle of motor sport and the perfect stage
    to demonstrate technical excellence. We remain committed to the sport, however we
    cannot be involved in a championship operating with different sets of rules, and if
    such rules are put into effect, we will be forced to pull out from next season.”
    ING Renault F1 Team Managing Director, Flavio Briatore, commented: “Our aim is to
    reduce costs while maintaining the high standards that make Formula One one of the
    most prestigious brands on the market. We want to achieve this in a coordinated
    manner with the regulatory and commercial bodies, and we refuse to accept
    unilateral governance handed out by the FIA. If the decisions announced by the
    World Council on the 29th of April 2009 are not revised, we have no choice but to
    withdraw from the FIA Formula One World Championship at the end of 2009.”

Well, both statements were expected. Renault is losing the ING sponsorship, and they were speaking about getting out from F1 almost every year since their second debut. Ferrari would be a real mess. Every single championship has seen the team's cars... Although in this case I consider this statement more like some measure to make FIA change their mind then the way things really are. The proof is a striking similarity between the two above statements.

I think they are just trying to threatening FIA to change the rule, but I doubt they would quit (all of them) F1 and eventually forming a new championship if not coying and pasting the rules from FIA regulation of the year they enjoyed the most.
    I see the new rules been binned rather than that. But who knows...

Thread Information