Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

It was easy with a fully tuned, raced modified Z06(800 something bhp, 1100 kg). Basically my go-to car for the big races so far. For some reason vs the same type of cars in All-Star, the Z06 was barely enough to win(especially at certain track, like Tokyo 246 or Cape Ring). But in Like the Wind it was easy for me to smoke AI by large margin...

I think some used the Furai that you can win in B-spec also, but I have not tried that car yet at all...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I've got 140K and I'm at level 10. Should I buy the BRG Evora I've been lusting for, the C63, or save + level up for the SpecV I didn't know I want until I saw it?
    i would say save your cash. though if you want to get the furai, (in my opinion one of the best cars in the game) get your b spec chum to do the roadster cup with an mx5. then at worst you have a solid work horse of a car, the furai, or at best, something that you and your b spec chum can carve up just about anything with. i have flogged 787b's and minolta's with this thing. pretty impressive for a free car!

Why is there B spec? It sounds really damn boring.

it is....I need to get a new TV series downloaded to follow to get through longer races...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

it used to be good in gt4, but it looks like the fun police have given gt5 a touch up. you used to be able to fast forward the gt4 b spec races and crank a bit of cash. not sure why they took this away, as really, who is going to sit there and do a 24 nurburgring? i have done a 12 hour but that was enough for me. i used to put my b spec champ on the 24 hour endurance stuff, turn the tv off, go to work, sleep whatever, come back the same time the next day and bang, i got a nice wad of cash and a car. it sucks you cant do this in gt5.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    i would say save your cash. though if you want to get the furai, (in my opinion one of the best cars in the game) get your b spec chum to do the roadster cup with an mx5. then at worst you have a solid work horse of a car, the furai, or at best, something that you and your b spec chum can carve up just about anything with. i have flogged 787b's and minolta's with this thing. pretty impressive for a free car!
    I'll definitely try that once I get to the B-spec. I'm just glad I held off on the 1-series as I found out you can win it later. My 1st-gen MX-5 is a beast of a car with only sports mediums and a few racing exhaust upgrades. I took down the '90s, Sunday, and NR-A cup with it.

I ended up amassing something like 3-400K by level 13 so I decided to buy a 458 Italia in Rosso Scuderia. That was certainly fast. Spent all of ten minutes destroying Festival Italia and won a GTA in a matching shade of red.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    need a good car to beat Like the Wind series on expert. Any suggestions?
    B-Spec until you can win the Furai, i think it's in the NR-A races.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Does anyone know what the point of the delivery truck is for cars won in the races?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Why they use the delivery truck? Who knows....just makes the cashing in procedure more tedious...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

hmm thats what I feared. Yea def not going to waste my time on b-spec so looks like i wont be doing many more races in A spec

Id rather watch paint dry
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Actually my opinion is slowly changing on B-spec.....doesn't change that its pretty stupid that its a mode that you don't really race yourself, but the driver do improve and improve greatly. I've had a few really close races where my B-Spec Bob did some pretty good last lap passes to win, and I sorta figure out what commands given at right moment can affect how he drives. Not to mention so far the cars that you win seems to be better than that of the A-spec....

By finishing the GT World Championship I finally got Zonda R, and also winning the Ferrari race you win a F40...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

B-spec mode is even more annoying to level up than A-spec, as the latter you can just play the game, rerun the races, get some kind of enjoyment out of it. Where as when you are high enough in B-spec(right now I am in lvl 22), the exp needed to go to next level is more than the exp available, and unlike A-spec where you get exp for licensing and Special events, you are forced to let computer play YOUR game, to let it level up to run new races to win more cars....

that aspect of it is F-ed IMO....I dunno if they(PD or Kaz) derive some kind of pleasure at yelling "pace up" and "overtake" by using similar level cars in B-spec thus get more involvement out of it, but most just chug in the Minolta and let it do its thing. But at the same time you are deprived of actually playing the game...

Zonda R:

Painted with some cool blue color:

Cool atmosphere of the 24 hour Nordschleife:

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3 – Feature – Car and Driver

Also apparently a big update has been released for today with intent to addressing some common issue....
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 12-20-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Just curious- is there any way of uploading your garage to a server online so that if you go over to a friend's house you can play splitscreen with your own cars?

I used to just pop out the memory card...

Within the next couple of days I should be getting a copy of GT5 too.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Just curious- is there any way of uploading your garage to a server online so that if you go over to a friend's house you can play splitscreen with your own cars?

I used to just pop out the memory card...

Within the next couple of days I should be getting a copy of GT5 too.
    If you have a PSP, their is a feature specifically for saving your garage on the PSP....

Or you can gift them some cars and hope they gift them back. lol
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information