Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

GT5 Online Championship

Hi Everyone

Me and a friend have set a up a website devoted to a collection of online championships and leagues.
    We will be running different championships at once and encourage everyone to set up teams so that we can have some team championships running too.

We have a dedicated forum running along side to website and are looking for moderators or "Race Stewards" as were calling them, to help us out in the future.

The site and forum went live yesterday and we have a few members already eager to join teams.

so if your interested in some well organised championships as well as some just for fun racing then head over to (prohibited link)
    PSN hunter_rich - Im always ready for a challenge
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 01-09-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: removed outside link

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post

BTW werty, what GTR can the Zonda R not beat? That car is basically a full race car, and it should be faster than just about anything less than a LMP or Grp C car...
    fully modified gtr r35 spec v vs fully modified zonda R. The spec V is always faster. The torque curve makes the gtr accelerate so much faster out of the slow corners. All the other cars feel like they have turbo lag
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I still find that hard to believe, since GTR can not have full range of downforce adjustment...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I still find that hard to believe, since GTR can not have full range of downforce adjustment...
    exactly like I was saying. It seems as if they made the GTR handle better for no good reason. It also weighs about 400 kg more thn the zonda r

but its fun to drive!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

After pretty much the entire Xmas break not playing the game aside from B-spec(brought PS3 home from US but didn't bother to bring G25, since I can't mount it at home), spent the last weekend playing the new seasonal events(hard), and also endurance race(Laguna Seca 200, side bar, I played the Indy 500 on controller....the ease of turning left only with FGT in video game....lol).

On that note I also did that endurance race without ABS(car used was a Amuse Nismo 380RS), based on a note I read on GTP that mentioned that GT5's ABS is linked to some kind of Electronic Brake Force Distribution function, which aside from serving as ABS it also has some kind of stability control built it to help car stabilize under braking, even with it just set at 1. This actually was very good to know since it changed how the game drives for me. The car always seems too hard to turn in, and the way I had to set the car up seems very "wrong" compare to what my normal path of setting up a car in games like GTR or rFactor. Now though I have much more control over how the car turns into the corner, and brings the setup more in-line with what I am expecting. I still have some trouble with some cars without ABS, and I might just leave them like that if I have no issue driving them otherwise. Its nice now though you can feel the front lock up through steering feed back so I can control my steering and braking more precisely....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Some pics of my current favorite car...the Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera...Fully weight reduced, racing suspension, LSD, tranny, and full normally aspirated engine tune, no turbo. Engine is broken in and now sits at ~510bhp and 1120kg.

I am not a drifting guy, I can't slide car very well in these games, not very good with Karts in real life neither...but this car is so easy to kick the back out and keep it under control that I just do it for kicks...driving this car in GT5 in game with no aids on Nordschleife is some of the most fun driving in video game I've done...7:20-ish on Sports Medium tire and spending a lot of time 4 wheel drifting through corners....

@ Ring...

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Where do you get the money to get the cars?

B-spec, I had a lot of time to play B-spec over the break....I am A-spec B-spec both at lvl 29 now. And seasonal events pays a lot...

Although THAT particular car I think you win from one of the races, I think its the B-spec tuner championship...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

TeamGTW online GT5 racing league

Gran Turismo Wiki has started a new racing league, and we're looking for new members. Simply go to Gran Turismo Wiki:TeamGTW - Gran Turismo Wiki-Gran Turismo tracks, cars, games and more[/url] to sign up. Next event is tonight at 9:00pm GMT (in about an hour) with practice starting at 8:30pm.
    Thanks, and happy racing
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 01-07-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Removal of link

B-spec, I had a lot of time to play B-spec over the break....I am A-spec B-spec both at lvl 29 now. And seasonal events pays a lot...

Although THAT particular car I think you win from one of the races, I think its the B-spec tuner championship...
    My B-Spec driver is terrible. He's won 2 of his last 8 races. I have no patience watching over him screw up. Maybe because I have much less time gaming, I don't enjoy gaming like I used to.

Last year when I played Bioshock I burned through that game, so although the story was okay, it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

The same is happening again, I'm put off from Gran Turismo because it seems you need to do a fair bit of grinding to get the money to advance in A-spec, although to be fair I haven't done any of the seasonal races, which apparently does give out a good bit of money.

By the way, has anyone tried racing online?

I think it's a big mess- there's no easy way to tell what your opponent is driving or what your opponent is packing under the hood either. I think that's really flawed because it's not close racing anymore. For the people who just started it's ridiculous to be paired up with people who have already maxed out their cars while your own car is only about halfway modified.

Sometimes car disappear, only to reappear a couple hundred feet in front of you. I know Mario Kart is Mario Kart, but in the couple of races I've done there, cars have never disappeared and reappeared in lagging situations.

I'm more disappointed with GT5 than I wanted to be, in short.

I've never had that much trouble with B-spec. I am not sure as to what default driver "mood" has to do with it. But I got a couple of drivers at fully cool and they've done ok. I have 4 drivers now and they are all at win ratio over 85%. The earlier races you need to babysit them, as you can't just have him crush the opponent, he struggle early on with fast cars...One thing you HAVE to make sure is to give him the best tire allowed....Most B-spec races early on only allows up to Sport Hard. And if your car has soft and a default Comfort Medium or something the car will default to comfort medium and Bob will have no chance....

So far I've only raced in a couple of races online, with pre-organized events from other forum so its more clear cut as to whats being used....One of the race the host is in UK and a lot of Europeans are in it and it was laggy for me as other cars are just floating about...really disconcerting...

Seasonal races pays out a lot, both exp and cash, so its a good way to progress between lvl if you are stuck on A-spec. So are the special events and simply trying to gold the license. I had less issue with grinding as my playstyle have changed from GT4 and I made a concerted effort to try to gold the events so that helps a lot with exp and leveling as I think I did no grinding up to lvl 25.

Finally got to lvl 30 and got to try the X2010 Red Bull. I won't say I enjoy the car as its like F-GT on steroid, and I hate F-GT as these fast cars just feel so disconnected in GT....It is a riot watching it in replay though....its like watching those 20s movie of car racing with the film being fast forwarded....only its in real time...

High novelty factor, not a fan of playing with it. My sensory perception are too slow to drive that thing well....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The funny thing is that my B-spec struggled with the 140hp Miata and the 200hp Civic Type-R but drove the extremely twitchy Cliosport V6 flawlessly. I heard that "red" (more emotional) drivers were better so I dumped my awesomely named "N.Meister" for a "G. Berger" . I won't give him a Delta Integrale, though.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The first car my driver drove was my tuned Cappuccino, ~120bhp. And that was enough to win the clubman races.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Yet, in the midly tuned Hommell Berlinette (~190bhp) my driver kept spinning and crashing whenever I wasn't looking at the telly...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Something might be useful also is that with my Bob he is jumpy when he was inexperienced with gas, so when I can I tune my car for more understeer and I find that helps him out a bit......

Like I said for me B-spec hasn't been that bad aside from the fact that I am not driving or I can't use him as endurance co-driver. And it pays out good in terms of cars...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information