Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talladega Nights

Talladega Nights

I saw the new Will Ferrel movie, Talladega nights, the story of Ricky Bobby. The movie is pretty accurate in its physics and it makes fun of the nascar lifestyle because Ricky Bobby is a total dumbass and his friend Cal is also a dumbass. The French F1 racer Jean Girad is the antagonist who is gay (this is used for some pretty funny material) He and his husband Gregory live on a ranch with gay horses and they include some F1 footage (what looks like the williams car in front of the Renault (probably driven by Alonso) to make it look like he is great but it is probably being lapped by the Renault)and they have the commercials that parody the stuff that celebrities make including a japanese commercial where Ricky speaks in japanese and he sells a variety of other products including the official tampon of nascar.
    I won't give away the rest of the story and the ending but it is pretty funny.

However, i wonder if some of the people who made the movie are on ultimatecarpage.com because they seem to view nascar the way some of the members view it as something inferior because they drive around in circles, i could easily do it, because the European guy can drink coffee and read and lead the race at the same time. Coincidence?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

[QUOTE=kingofthering] the official tampon of nascar.[QUOTE]

ummmm... right!

anyway, i want to see this movie also... i'd like to see him speak japanese!

but i would like to know how NASCAR is a growing sport (the fastest growing sport in North America, i think). I mean drive in circles or ovals or whatever you want to call it at 180 mph, isn't all that interesting to me!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Because that's not where the action lies. It lies with the strategy of the teams racing and the "excitement" of watching the top cars bump each other...and the crashes.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

It's because, contrary to whatever you may think, the US is populated by a lot of easily amused people and a lot of rednecks, and sadly, they eat this crap up with a spoon.
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

I just got back from seeing it. I found it hilarious and took all the nascar ridicule light heartidly.

Lets not turn this into another nascar bashing thread.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

well, i cant say much anyways... i occasionally watch NASCAR!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Lolz it looks really funny, hope to see it soon.

i now know a guy racing Cup, so I have been watching it lately... but its still not as interesting as anything with left and right turns.

i really want to see this movie, just to see how much it does make fun of the rednecks that are the primary audience of the sport.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I don't think I'll see it. I don't exactly like NASCAR and Will Ferrell to me is one of the stupidest idiots I've seen. Not worth my money.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I don't think I'll see it. I don't exactly like NASCAR and Will Ferrell to me is one of the stupidest idiots I've seen. Not worth my money.
    Who asked you (to quote the movie) Professor dickweed?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I saw it, it had its good parts ( and nasty parts), but overall, it was a good movie
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

I was laughing histerically the whole time. Great movie.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    I saw it, it had its good parts ( and nasty parts), but overall, it was a good movie
    i hate to ask but what "nasty parts"... i want to see this movie but i dont want to be freaked out!
    -Rita Mae Brown-

I haven't seen this yet, thinking of seeing it next weekend.

I wonder if the folks fighting the track lawsuit will try to leverage the popularity of this movie to help the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    However, i wonder if some of the people who made the movie are on ultimatecarpage.com because they seem to view nascar the way some of the members view it as something inferior because they drive around in circles, i could easily do it, because the European guy can drink coffee and read and lead the race at the same time. Coincidence?
    I would hope that UCP members would be above stereotyping French people as gay...
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information