Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone read mein kampf

has anyone read mein kampf

has anyone here read it?

i think its interesting and important to read stuff written by important people in history both good and bad. I read fidel castro's book "history will absolve me" not too long ago and it was just a horrible read. One of the most poorly written books ive read, i dont know if it was cause of the translation maybe it flowed better in spanish or if castro is just a poor writer. it was a somewhat interesting, but I was wondering if mein kampf is a little bit easier to get through or is it pretty bad too?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

there are so many more important things that could be read than mein kampf
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    there are so many more important things that could be read than mein kampf
    If he said he enjoys reading books by important people, Adolf Hitler is pretty damn near the top of the totem pole.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i have read snippets of it, and found it to be really awful. he struggled to maintain cohesiveness and just rambled.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i have read snippets of it, and found it to be really awful. he struggled to maintain cohesiveness and just rambled.
    thats kinda how castros book was too.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

just a question.
    Why do you bring up "Mein Kampf" after you have read Castro's book? Do you think those two are in any way comparable?
    You could also have asked for Mao's book or for the great novel by th alte Sapermurat Turkmenbashi, but from all other options you chose Hitler, why?
    And for your information, I have a pre-war version of the book, but I never read it.
    (and please reply to the question, and don't play it down as a typical "henk" reaction)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My dad said he read it in college and found it really boring. I have heard that from other places too, I guess it's just him rambling on and on and most sensible people find it stupid rather than some sort of truth of the world "bible" so to speak.

I've read excerpts and as CMC says, it's a rambling mess, for the most part.

Still, it's an important insight into one of the 20th centuries most talked about figures.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i had the worst trouble reading that book
    couldnt follow it deff couldnt understand it.
    but if you like WW2 history and Hitler
    deff read it.
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

I have never read Castro's or Hitler's book but I too have had friends read 'Mein Kampfe' and say it was quite poor. Neither holding up cohesiveness or intelligence.

I read it many years ago.

Appallingly poorly written. Very disjointed, 3 early chapters cover each main 'idea' (Living Space, Jews are evil and Germany can be great, again).

They are then repeated ad nauseam through the rest of the book until you can''t believe how anyone with this much time on their hands (he was in gaol) could not bother to get it proof read or well edited.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

thats what I was worried about. The book is like 24$ too! maybe ill just get a used one on amazon for a few cents.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    just a question.
    Why do you bring up "Mein Kampf" after you have read Castro's book? Do you think those two are in any way comparable?
    You could also have asked for Mao's book or for the great novel by th alte Sapermurat Turkmenbashi, but from all other options you chose Hitler, why?
    And for your information, I have a pre-war version of the book, but I never read it.
    (and please reply to the question, and don't play it down as a typical "henk" reaction)
    You're just begging for another 10-page debate now, Henk.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I would say if you wanted to read histories important books, start with the people who influence the good and bad people: Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Karl Marx, etc. Most of the people who carried out political philosophers ideas did it poorly (Mao, Lenin, Stalin).

You could read My Life.

Thread Information