Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Nissan GT-R (R35) 2007-

Maybe the earlier GT-R buyers would like to have a go at this newer version of their cars.

On the other hand the car was so much ahead of the game (and arguably) still is that replacing it must be difficult.

It has taken Bugatti eleven years to replace the Veyron, and arguably the Chiron is little more than a heavy facelift of the Veyron. Maybe Nissan is in a similar situation.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think if engineers can develop shift paddles that can be toggled to follow the wheel or set at the 3 and 9 positions of the wheel that would be the holy grail of paddle shifters.

I remember the other day I was driving the 1995 TL and it has horn buttons on two upper spokes of the 4 spoke steering wheel. Normally the horn buttons wouldn't be a problem for me, but I was just about to do a left turn and a goddamn huge lorry just ran a red light while the ass was talking on the phone coming from my right. I had really wanted to honk the horn to let him know where I was but I was midway through completing the left turn and I had lost track of where the buttons were. I'm lucky he drifted through the red light and I was moving fairly slowly and I let up on the throttle so he missed me.

Shifting is completely different from honking the horn, but it's a similar annoyance.

That has a fairly simple solution.

Buy a manual.

Job done.
    Visca Catalunya!

Very high end cars tend to have long lives, because the cost of developing them is so high. The Phantom is what, a decade plus old?

The GT-R is not a Veyron, or a Phantom, and Nissan has let it get old as it has the 370Z. They are saving themselves some money by keeping a stale product on the shelves. It is frustrating when you see a car as incredible as the GT-R become old. The Nismo did not generate much buzz when it launched really.

To see a Z car become a heavy old non-player in an era of performance abundance is also sad.

The Phantom will turn thirteen this year.

The thing is, despite not looking like it (because of the badge and price tag mainly) I'm sure that the engineering process of the GT-R was no less daunting than that of the Veyron and the Phantom. In this aspect it is in the same league, which may explain the delay in replacing it.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Phantom will turn thirteen this year.

The thing is, despite not looking like it (because of the badge and price tag mainly) I'm sure that the engineering process of the GT-R was no less daunting than that of the Veyron and the Phantom. In this aspect it is in the same league, which may explain the delay in replacing it.
    I thought the Phantom was being discontinued?

I will be replaced soon, but if the current GT-R is replaced in 2020 they will have had the same life cycle.
    Visca Catalunya!

I will be replaced soon, but if the current GT-R is replaced in 2020 they will have had the same life cycle.
    YOU are irreplaceable. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwViQxSJJQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwViQxSJJQ[/ame]

It guess that's what you get when you miss a T.

Probably.
    Visca Catalunya!

You were saying

Here is the 2020 GT-R 50th Anniversary edition

2020 GT-R 50th Anniversary edition

Thread Information