Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZR1 2007-2013

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I agree. Love everything but the gimicky hood window.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

The ZR1 just lapped the Nürburgring in 7:26. The fight with Nissan is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The ZR1 just lapped the Nürburgring in 7:26. The fight with Nissan is on.
    You mean that V6 powered Nissan?
    The one with 231 kg's more body weight?
    And 147 hp and 219 NM less?

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    You mean that V6 powered Nissan?
    The one with 231 kg's more body weight?
    And 147 hp and 219 NM less?
    Yes that Nissan, the one who's bigger badder brother will have 550 or so hp, weight about 200-300 pounds less than the standard GT-R, features a possibly advantageous AWD system, and will be in the similar price bracket. The one that along with the ZR1 has the goal of being the fastest non-track special around the 'ring.

Yes they are different, but both set out to do the same thing albeit in different ways - they are still comparable.

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

from bridgetogantry.com blog

Corvette ZR1 laps the 'ring in 7min26.4s
    Written by Dale Lomas
    Friday, 27 June 2008
    ... Nissan's Skyline GTR weeps

According to the blog of Tadge J. Juechter (Corvette Chief Engineer) the new ZR1 set a laptime of 7min26.4s this morning, as verified by the onboard datalogging and two hand-held stopwatches. About fricking time, we say!

The lap was set by development driver Jim Mero.Naturally, the GM boys are quietly confident, as this understated quote from Tadge confirms:

"Jim commented after the lap that conditions were good except for a strong headwind down the main straight and that the lap was solid, but he felt there were a few places he could have gone faster."

Tadge is also very keen to point out how totally stock this car was:

"The car was bone stock with the exception of the communications and safety equipment. The tires were production Michelin Pilot Sport 2’s. These tires have been developed specifically for the ZR1 and will have impressive wet traction and wear (tread wear rating = 220), in addition to excellent dry road holding. Chassis alignment and vehicle height were set to factory specs. Likewise, the engine calibrations were absolutely stock, emissions compliant and the car ran on pump (not racing) fuel. The vehicle was exactly like the cars that will be built in Bowling Green, Kentucky and sold around the world later this summer.

Despite posting one of the fastest times ever run by a production car, Nürburgring lap times were not an over-riding priority in the development of the ZR1. The truth is, if the only priority was speed at the ring, the car would not be very pleasant to drive on American roads. The ZR1 is an incredibly capable track machine, but unlike most ultra-high performance cars, it is very easy to live with on a daily basis."

The full lap will apparently be online sometime during the week of July 7th... we can hardly wait...
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Christ, we seriously aren't going to do this whole debate AGAIN are we?!

The ZR1 looks like it's going to be a very good car. The GTR has already been firmly established as a very good car. All the bickering and arguments between the fanbois of each (not just here, over the whole internet it seems) is ultimately silly and pointless.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Tadge J. Juechter
    I'm sorry but I can't take seriously anything said by a man with such a name.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Me too, F I googled before posting that info as I was convinced it was a wind up and nobody could really have that as a name --- I was wrong .... poor guy.
    J_B, I think the info from the ZR1 team clarifies lots for us about setup etc etc. Going to save any arguments later about how much "production" it is ! Might go and try to track them down adn see if I can blag a closer look

EDIT: Was checking "Tadge"'s blog and saw a posted comment which puts some of the "low cost sportscar" into perspective ...
    It’s unfortunate that most of us long time Vette owners have backed out of trying to buy one since dealers are asking up to $200,000 per copy.
    I have owned Vettes since 1985 and currently own a 2006 Z06. I’m switching over to a Viper ACR which is a lot more affordable due to the ZR1 price gouging. I know GM can’t control that; however, GM is losing out on long time Vette buyers.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-27-2008 at 04:51 PM.

released with no info attached :/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Look it's doing a million!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Look it's doing a million!
    You are a very funny man I must admit.

But of more importance, is that a million kilometers an hour or a million miles an hour?

That is critical.

Those shots are nice, but I think that the ring would look a lot better if it didn't have all that graffiti on it.

Those shots are nice, but I think that the ring would look a lot better if it didn't have all that graffiti on it.
    I must say that you wouldn't notice the majority of it while driving, At list I didnt durring all 7 Laps I did there...

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    I must say that you wouldn't notice the majority of it while driving, At list I didnt durring all 7 Laps I did there...
    You hit the ring eh? Pretty cool. What car was it in?

My complaint about the graffiti was mostly for glamour shots like the one you posted.

You hit the ring eh? Pretty cool. What car was it in?

My complaint about the graffiti was mostly for glamour shots like the one you posted.
    Yup, It was in a rented VW Golf V GTi boasting 230 HP with Racing seats, Roll cage and Upgraded racing Bilstein shocks. It was one of the most awesome experiences in my life so far !

Thread Information