Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maserati Quattroporte (VI) 2013-

Maserati Quattroporte (VI) 2013-

Maserati Quattroporte: Italian Design at its Best

“The new Maserati Quattroporte is a high-performance sports luxury sedan that reinterprets the design features of classic Maseratis in a contemporary design language. Its style was born out of the guiding design principles of Maserati: harmony of shapes, dynamism of lines, Italian elegance. More generous in size when compared to the previous model, the new Quattroporte has a design that is at once graceful and sinuous, fashioned to bring out the sporty nature of the car.

Some of the elements characterizing the previous model have been purposely maintained: the front grill, the three side vents, the triangular C pillar. At the same time new style and functional features were introduced: the strong belt line that runs through the entire side of the car giving the new Quattroporte a look and feel that is at once muscular and elegant with frameless doors and three side windows..

Inside, the design of the Quattroporte aims at essentiality, stressing the simplicity of lines and the full functionality of the in-board instrumentation. Functional elements are blended with soft quality surfaces made of prestigious woods and refined leathers.”

Lorenzo Ramaciotti, Head of Maserati Design Center

Maserati Quattroporte: All-New Next Generation Powertrain

“The innovative Maserati proprietary engines of the all-new Maserati Quattroporte have all been designed and developed by Maserati and Ferrari engineers in the heart of Italy’s motor valley. As a matter of fact, they are going to be produced in the Ferrari plant in Maranello that has been synonymous with cutting-edge technology and passion for well over 60 years.

Passion is indeed the middle name of a whole new generation of Maserati engines that will equip the all-new Maserati Quattroporte and the models that will soon follow her on the market. The passion and state-of-the-art technology that is at the heart of all the new Maserati engines that will be mounted on the next generation of Maserati products have produced engines that are not only more powerful than ever, or more exciting to drive than ever – bust also more eco-friendly than ever before.”
    Paolo Martinelli, Maserati Powertrain Director

Maserati Quattroporte: Key Technical Features

“Refined technical solutions, an explicit attention to the most challenging targets in terms of performance, comfort, efficiency and safety – these are the key elements of the all-new Maserati Quattroporte.

Maserati engineers have worked - with a competence matched only by their passion – in chassis designing and engineering, weight reduction, ergonomic enhancement to develop a car capable of fitting different powertrain architectures and transmission configurations for the most diverse driving conditions but always maintaining Maserati’s trademark best-in-class driving comfort.

The results is the all-new Maserati Quattroporte, a luxury sports sedan that reaches new heights in terms of performance and handling, driving enjoyment as well as respect of the world we live in: the best performance ever in the long history of Maserati’s four-door flagship sedan are matched by the unprecedented success in the quest for an eco-friendly automobile. All this done, of course, as you may expect from Maserati, in the spirit of the most severe active and passive safety conditions.”

Roberto Corradi, Maserati Vehicle Development Director

For any other information and video go to http://www.maseratiquattroporte.com

Maserati Quattroporte
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (921.0 KB, 49 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (963.0 KB, 45 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (1.05 MB, 42 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (985.1 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (1.06 MB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (1.05 MB, 17 views)
    Last edited by Duell; 03-20-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Those rear lights look very Korean, like a current generation Kia Forte or Sonata. Also, the way the rear decklid is sculpted, it also reminds me of a Dodge Dart, especially with that narrow strip of chrome.

Those exhaust pipes look like they got pulled off of a previous generation Mercedes E350 as well.

And that's terrible for an over $100,000 car.

The previous generation was so much better on all regards.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 11-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Those rear lights look very Korean, like a current generation Kia Forte or Sonata. Also, the way the rear decklid is sculpted, it also reminds me of a Dodge Dart, especially with that narrow strip of chrome.

Those exhaust pipes look like they got pulled off of a previous generation Mercedes E350 as well.

And that's terrible for an over $100,000 car.

The previous generation was so much better on all regards.
    Couldn't agree more. It just looks like an enormous Korean car.

I think it looks like a 4 door GranTurismo, nothin wrong with that

The Korean designers have gotten every trick in the book and everyone else wants them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The Korean designers have gotten every trick in the book and everyone else wants them back.
    German designers working for Koreans...

My question is, when is the Chrysler version coming, and will it have a Hemi...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It just looks like an enormous Korean car.
    I just noticed that the way the headlights are raked back looks like a Hyundai Sonata as well.

CANNOT UNSEE!

The only thing that makes it say it is a Maserati is perhaps the side profile and all the little tridents and the grill.

That's pretty sad.

The back's fine, but the front looks like a cross between a strange fish and Clarkson's impression of an S-type.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I more and more notice that when a new model by whatever company is presented, people always seem to judge it (and most of the time dismiss it) on the basis of minor details which for them spoil the whole car. Probably it is unavoidable that modern cars look very similar these days as their shape is being determined by the wind tunnel and the urge to bring down fuel consumption. On the other hand if there are no individual details, cars are considered boring, etc.

Can somebody name a modern sedan that looks beautiful and has (subjectively) all the details right?

In case of the Maserati the "wow" of the first QP6 is over and Maserati now had the task to, on the one hand make something new and on the other hand maintain the attractive features of its predecessor. How would one judge the car if this would have been the car presented 8 years ago?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Can somebody name a modern sedan that looks beautiful and has (subjectively) all the details right?
    New Mazda 6.

BMW 6er Gran Coupé (almost...).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    New Mazda 6.

BMW 6er Gran Coupé (almost...).
    the comments that I read about the Mazda are generally positive, but does it stand out? I have not yet seen one. (only the concept). The BMW did not give me a "wow" when I first saw it. Probably because it looks like many other BMWs.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the comments that I read about the Mazda are generally positive, but does it stand out? I have not yet seen one. (only the concept). The BMW did not give me a "wow" when I first saw it. Probably because it looks like many other BMWs.
    I think that the big Bimmer is one of the most elegant four door saloons currently offered by any car manufacturers. It may not be good looking in the traditional sense of the word, but it has the presence and charisma every BMW should have and that the 5er and 7er somewhat seem to lack.

The Mazda doesn't need any explanation - it is just plain good looking.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

A Mazda 6 is a Mazda 6, nothing offensive about it's looks, just... too common so it becomes the norm.

I find the 6 series Gran Coupe incredibly good looking.

This Maserati has the proportions all wrong in my opinion. The wheels are too small, so it doesn't look very sporty/muscular. The bonnet is too short compared with the old one, or the GT, so again, it looks rather unsporting. Because this bonnet is rather short, it makes me think the boot is too long...

But maybe that's what Maserati is aiming for, just the traditional "gentlemen's luxury car" look, as opposed to what they achieved with the previous Quattroporte... which was somewhat more Italian "mafia"-like, more "gangster".
    Last edited by Roentgen; 11-07-2012 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Typos

This car is aimed a bit more up market in comparison to the old Quattroporte, this way they create space for the new Ghibli.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    A Mazda 6 is a Mazda 6, nothing offensive about it's looks, just... too common so it becomes the norm.

I find the 6 series Gran Coupe incredibly good looking.

This Maserati has the proportions all wrong in my opinion. The wheels are too small, so it doesn't look very sporty/muscular. The bonnet is too short compared with the old one, or the GT, so again, it looks rather unsporting. Because this bonnet is rather short, it makes me think the boot is too long...

But maybe that's what Maserati is aiming for, just the traditional "gentlemen's luxury car" look, as opposed to what they achieved with the previous Quattroporte... which was somewhat more Italian "mafia"-like, more "gangster".
    Here is a side shot of the current car, and set-off against the new one, the bonnet is shorter, because the overhang has been reduced. (the engine sits way back behind the front axle) The side windows of the old one look very similar to the 3200 GT, as does the rear part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information