Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Impressive indeed, but equally pointless. In real life driving I'm more than willing to give half a second in acceleration for a proper chasis.

As long as the power goes to the front wheels it'll still be useless.

And that's without discussing engines ahead of the headlamps.

If you pretend driving pleasure you can't afford compromise.
Not sure I understand....Sure a front engine, front wheel drive car might be compromised, thats not to say they can't be fun per se. Now I won't bother with the 2.5 TFSI in a GTI. You don't want a 300+ bhp front drive hot hatch, thats just asking for problem. Though thats not to say it can't be done....

With the RS3 or TT-RS though, I don't see why they are pointless....Yes I totally understand your point of Audi having the engine stuck out front. But when you have the current B8 A4 having a weight distribuition of 54:46 F:R(something btw, a Infiniti G35 does not meet), what is the problem? A lighter weight front end, coupled with a swept forward front axle is addressing the downside of the quattro layout....and this is an issue predominantly affecting the longitudinal engined car. TT-RS/RS3 have their transverse motor, AWD layout, something that is shared with cars in the WRC for the last 2 decades...not to say Audi or VW are building anything like the Lancer Evo, but they are getting there. If everyone wants to build a front engine rear drive car, you'll have BMW everywhere, and they are not the end all of all driver's car.....A regular 135i has all the ingredient of a driver's car, but most review said its pretty uninspiring. 1M certainly fixed that, for a price.....