Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lexus IS-F

i think its awful.. the hood line in profile is just bad. the side vent is gimmicky and seemingly unnecessary, and also just silly looking. and then KOTR is right, needs a stick. not the crappy 8 speeds auto that has gotten such awful reviews.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Little overdone, but I'm sure one drive and all excesses will be forgiven.

Toyota, please offer a manual as an option and make this a true contender in the supersedan segment.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I will be very surprised if the new M3 comes with anything other than the 7sp SMG box
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

true i think with a propper gearbox, it will give the M3 a good run 4 the money...but think it looks better then tha e90...now lets se how the coupe will look...
    Aint Nothin' Lika A Benz....

Why that lousy blue? Here's a good color to start M3 hunting with....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Actually, I think it's a step in the right direction. Maybe not the best of steps, but a first nonetheless.

How much power is this thing packing anyway?
    It's rumoured to have 425bhp, but as jinst4 said, the official line is over 400bhp. In my opinion this car has nothing worthy or different or new to make it a winner. The Audi S4/RS4 have brilliant built quality, Quattro 4-wheel drive (classic Audi trademark), and that engine in the case of the RS4. The Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG has probably one of the most charismatic V8 in production now and they are the original super saloon makers. And the BMW M3 has racing pedigree a lot of (clever?) technology.

Plus, as has been said, it's overdone and it only comes as an auto. I could be wrong, but this is my opinion.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    I will be very surprised if the new M3 comes with anything other than the 7sp SMG box
    He speakth the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Why that lousy blue? Here's a good color to start M3 hunting with....
    Next time you post my photos kindly mention where you obtained them
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The Audi S4/RS4 have brilliant built quality, Quattro 4-wheel drive (classic Audi trademark), and that engine in the case of the RS4. The Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG has probably one of the most charismatic V8 in production now and they are the original super saloon makers. And the BMW M3 has racing pedigree a lot of (clever?) technology.
    It's a Lexus, so it'll be brilliantly built, and handle exceptionally well despite not having AWD, and Toyota V8s aren't exactly underachievers.

Though I can't argue with BMWs racing background, though how much of it affects the new M3 is something yet to be seen.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    It's a Lexus, so it'll be brilliantly built, and handle exceptionally well despite not having AWD, and Toyota V8s aren't exactly underachievers.

Though I can't argue with BMWs racing background, though how much of it affects the new M3 is something yet to be seen.
    You're right, however in my opinion this still has no charisma...
    Visca Catalunya!

You're right, however in my opinion this still has no charisma...
    Yeah, you're probably right there. Still wanna see how it goes though.
    – Hunter Thompson

It's rumoured to have 425bhp, but as jinst4 said, the official line is over 400bhp. In my opinion this car has nothing worthy or different or new to make it a winner. The Audi S4/RS4 have brilliant built quality, Quattro 4-wheel drive (classic Audi trademark), and that engine in the case of the RS4. The Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG has probably one of the most charismatic V8 in production now and they are the original super saloon makers. And the BMW M3 has racing pedigree a lot of (clever?) technology.

Plus, as has been said, it's overdone and it only comes as an auto. I could be wrong, but this is my opinion.
    They could certainly do a manual for it, although you're right, it probably will have an automatic. The way I see it, there are no other Japanese car manufacturers trying to step into the market at all. So you gotta give them some credit for trying at least.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    They could certainly do a manual for it, although you're right, it probably will have an automatic.
    Not probably, but rahter for sure, as the press release states so and the pictures of the interior show and automatic gearbox gear lever.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not probably, but rahter for sure, as the press release states so and the pictures of the interior show and automatic gearbox gear lever.
    They could always add one later on, as with the M5. Popular demand can work wonders.

In any case, one can always hope.

Thread Information