Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: McLaren F1 GTR 1995-1997

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    Actually, these are all McLaren F1 GTRs...

The difference is the shape... The one with the short nose and tail (Closely related to the road version McLaren) is the 1995/1996 model with a 6.1L V-12

The one with the long nose and tail (thus, the model is caled the longtail) is the 1997 model with a 6.0L V-12... The McLAren F1 GTR changed due to the threat of the dominating Mercedes CLK-GTR...

Now... do you understand me or do i have to be more informative???
    according to McLaren Cars web site, the engine is the same of the other GTR, but I guess there's a mistake there, sicne I remeber it has a 5990 cc VS 6064 cc engine too.

the Longtail GTR debuted the same year as the CLK-GTR, the car wasn't changed because of the MB, they still didn't know how fast it was.

and what's the problem with your post? why it shouldn't be clear?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

As evidenced by my User Name, the McLaren F1 Le Mans road car was my previous favourite top supercar of all time. After the bare carbon fiber 641Bhp Pagani Zonda F Clubsport achieved that 7 minute and 24.65 second Nurburgring Nordschleife lap time, though, I switched to it. Also considering that the Zonda F Clubsport can generate up to 1.45Gs in corners and uses modern tyres such as the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups or Pirelli P Zero Corsas, I'd hazard a guess that it handles corners a bit better than the older F1 Le Mans as well.

If someone could break through 7 minutes and 20 seconds around the Nurburgring Nordschleife using an F1 Le Mans or road-registered F1 GTR like Nick Mason's #10R, though, I may switch back again. Time will tell.

From the McLaren F1 20th Anniversary Gathering :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    From the McLaren F1 20th Anniversary Gathering :-)
    Thank you buddy, these are sensational~~ Is there any more, please?

Yep, here are the final few :-)
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

McLaren F1 GTR Longtail 1997 (thread name could be updated to McLaren F1 GTR 1995-1997).

McLaren F1 GTR Longtail 1997

Wow, dat Gulf livery...

New meets Old, and (New) losses in my opinion

F1 GTR & P1 GTR

I like the symmetry: the Mobil logo is where the Castrol one used to be, the Pirelli logo is where the Goodyear used to be... They screwed it up at the back, though, therefore both of these cars are horrible.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

This was a pretty cool manufacturer photo shoot. The P1 looks - much the same as an i8 - like a spaceship form some angles.

73rd Goodwood Members Meeting

McLaren F1 GTR Longtail chassis 25R

31 Aug 2018 / Official McLaren F1 certification service announced as McLaren Special Operations reveals F1 GTR '25R' restoration at Hampton Court Concours of Elegance

• First factory programme to authenticate McLaren F1 supercar now available to owners
    • New service aims to safeguard originality of iconic car for future generations
    • Ex-Le Mans F1 GTR ‘25R’ emerges from rebuild by McLaren Special Operations as fully restored, first F1 Certified car

McLaren Automotive, the British manufacturer of luxury, high-performance sportscars and supercars, today introduces a new service to authenticate the heritage of iconic McLaren F1 supercars. The launch of the new programme is coincident with the unveiling of the first F1 to be approved for certification, the renowned ‘25R’ 1997 F1 GTR Longtail. Pristine after a full restoration to ‘as new’ condition by McLaren Special Operations, the last F1 GTR to compete in period is one of the stars of the Hampton Court Concours of Elegance (31 August – 2 September 2018).

“Even among F1 GTRs, this car, designated ‘25R’, is unique – and now it is as near to being new as we can make it,” commented Ansar Ali, Managing Director, McLaren Special Operations (MSO). “The car is the exemplar of everything that the new certification programme stands for and we are proud to have ‘25R’ as the very first McLaren F1 Certified car.”

Announced at Hampton Court with the unveiling of the chassis number 25 car, the F1 Certified programme has been developed to guarantee the authenticity of both road and track versions of the Le Mans-winning supercar, offering ultimate peace of mind for current and future owners. A unique Certificate of Authenticity – which McLaren Automotive is the only body in the world able to issue – authenticates a car’s provenance, originality, service life, road/race history and condition. Conformity with the original specification and to any McLaren-sanctioned upgrades is confirmed by reference to the factory archives.

Along with the certificate, owners receive a bespoke illustrated book documenting the history of their car. In total 106 McLaren F1s were built between 1993-98, among them 64 road cars and 28 GTR race cars, and all are eligible for the scheme.

A veteran of many endurance events in period including the Le Mans 24 Hours, over the past 18 months ‘25R’ has been restored to ‘as new’ condition by McLaren Special Operations. Using original F1 GTR parts held by the factory, the restoration has returned the car to the same specification and livery it had when it ran at Le Mans in the first year it raced.

The top-level circuit career of F1 GTR ‘25R’ spanned eight years and several continents. It was built as one of three Longtail cars for the Gulf-Davidoff team to compete in GT racing in 1997 and driven at Le Mans that year by Ray Bellm, Andrew Gilbert-Scott and Masanori Sekiya. It was forced out two hours from the end of the race when an oil line fractured, causing a fire. Repaired by the factory, ‘25R’ was subsequently sold to a team in Japan where it continued racing until 2005. At the Fuji Speedway that year it became the last F1 GTR ever to compete in a contemporary race series.

After being on static display in a Japanese collection, it was sold to the current owner and brought back to the UK in 2016. The owner’s collection is curated by classic car consultancy Kidston SA, founded by McLaren owner Simon Kidston, also a leading international broker of McLaren F1 cars. Kidston SA entrusted the car to McLaren Special Operations in Woking as, battle-scarred from years of racing, ‘25R’ needed extensive remedial work. Refurbishment became a ground-up restoration to ‘as new’ condition using new, old-stock GTR parts stored at the factory in containers last opened 20 years ago.

The new parts used in ‘25R’ go further than being specific to the 1997 GTR; they are all pre-June 1997 parts, ensuring the car is exactly as it would have been in the run-up to Le Mans that year. This includes the ‘tall’ Le Mans gearing and the blue roof identification lights – taken from an aircraft’s wing, and the only non-McLaren part in the entire car – with which the car was fitted for Le Mans.

With the new body panels displaying the exact Gulf-Davidoff team livery and bearing the car’s 1997 Le Mans number 39, ‘25R’ is a true 21-years-old time-warp machine, as visitors to the Hampton Court Concours of Elegance will witness.

“McLaren cherishes its rich heritage of iconic and world-beating cars such as the F1,” said McLaren Automotive Chief Executive Officer Mike Flewitt. “’25R’ presented us with a unique opportunity to demonstrate this by restoring it to precisely how it was when it raced at Le Mans in 1997, thus ensuring its future. Maintaining the integrity of these historically significant cars is paramount and F1 Certified will play a big role in allowing us to do that for the peace of mind of owners today as well as preserving a wonderful heritage for future generations of car lovers.”

McLaren F1 GTR Longtail chassis 25R #2

Thread Information