Thread: Please Help me with car choice!!!!!!!

Please Help me with car choice!!!!!!!

Hi fellow members. im stuck in two minds as to what car to buy. My budget is £7000 gbp and the choices are at the moment. 1997 BMW 328 Sport with 72000 miles on the clock, or 1997 Honda Integra Type R Jap Import with 60000 miles on the clock. Both machines are in mint condition and i just dont know HELP!!!!!!!! also any other suggestions will be considered.

Thanks

Are they the only two you're looking at?
    If so: Honda Integra Type R is supposed to be a really good car, but i know a lot of people would take the 328 Sport because it's a class car.
    But for me, it'd probably be the Integra Type R.

Why not get a Lancia Delta in relatively good condition?? You can probably pick up a pretty good one for below £8k.
    I found this one from a Lancia club owner for £8,000 who has taken pretty good care of his car by the looks of it.
    (Edit: Forgot to mention i found it on AUTOTRADER)

those are 2 excellent cars. It will all depend on the kind of use and on your personal taste. It would be a hard choice if I was to chose. I love straght 6 BMW's and rwd. But I always like the more sporty cars and the integra has not only a perfect handling as it ispowered by a magnificient engine. To compensate it's ugly as hell. Anyway, because it is more special I'd probably still go for it. But I rarely do big highway trips and never carry more than one passenger. It all depends on your kind of use now.

Anyway, I wish you a good business and would like to welcome you to UCP.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Why not get a Lancia Delta in relatively good condition??
    There are almost none in good condition and though they are fast and agile cars, they are awfull for daily driving and extremely unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBoy85 View Post
    Hi fellow members. im stuck in two minds as to what car to buy. My budget is £7000 gbp and the choices are at the moment. 1997 BMW 328 Sport with 72000 miles on the clock, or 1997 Honda Integra Type R Jap Import with 60000 miles on the clock. Both machines are in mint condition and i just dont know HELP!!!!!!!! also any other suggestions will be considered.

Thanks
    I depends what your requirements and needs are for the car. The Integra is extremely highly rated as a drivers' car, with a screaming v-tec engine and pin sharp handling. In terms of the sheer driving buzz they offer the Honda would be the winner. However, Integra Type-Rs are also notorious for being noisy, very harsh of ride, and not brilliant in terms of practicality.

The BMW will be far more comfortable and pleasant to cruise around with in everyday driving. It will also probably have a nicer interior and have more space and practicality. It should handle pretty well, but will have nothing like the hardcore, focussed edge of the Honda. Just depends what sort of driving experience you're looking for.

Make sure you test drive both before you decide, so you can see how suited each car is to your particular needs.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Personally I'd choose the BMW, less manic and more relaxed than the Honda while still providing a good driving experience.

About the Lancia, no wonder why it's so cheap. Have you looked at the paintjob?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    About the Lancia, no wonder why it's so cheap. Have you looked at the paintjob?
    I liked the paintjob

I would pick the Honda without blinking...
    Aint Nothin' Lika A Benz....

The Honda I'd say, but then again, I'd maybe look into Smart Roadsters or something a little strange
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

It really depends on what you want to use the car for, do you want a fun car you can use everyday or something for the weekend?

Also, it isn't the time to be buying ITRs after all the hype Evo gave them pushed demand (and prices).
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

****ing LOVE Lancia Deltas. I live in the US so cars like original Minis and stuff like that are sold for as much as a brand new car...

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    The Honda I'd say, but then again, I'd maybe look into Smart Roadsters or something a little strange
    Or something even a little slower or pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Or something even a little slower or pointless.
    You are the king of underpoweredness so you for one should understand that it's not all about how fast your car is. It's not pointless unless he has lots of 'baggage' to carry around i.e. people. I'm just suggesting that he could go for something odd and interesting, lifestyle permitting.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    You are the king of underpoweredness so you for one should understand that it's not all about how fast your car is. It's not pointless unless he has lots of 'baggage' to carry around i.e. people. I'm just suggesting that he could go for something odd and interesting, lifestyle permitting.
    If only it had a proper gearbox...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

How about finding a well put together Mk1 MX-5 turbo, they accelerate hard and you can still have fun in the corners. You may even end up having money left over.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Thread Information