Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Fiat 600 to Abarth Replica Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Fiat 600 to Abarth Replica Project

hello,

My name is Bob Molenaar,
    Last year I bought a fiat 600, because I wanted to make it look to an Abarth TC, but when I bought it I became more and more crazy because I wanted more and more, so it has to drive like an Abarth to

When I bought it:

Finally it has to look something like this:

Major future plans are:

abarth styling. (big TCR frontnose, wide fenders, motorspoiler etc.)
    discbrakes, in front for sure and if not to hard to modify discbrakes at the rear.
    lowering, stiffening, nice wheels
    engine swap, 850 or 1050
    rollcage and race seats

The first thing I have to do, is restoring and reinforcing the body (chassis?!)
    I am 20 years old, so never restored a car in my life. And when I am thinking back it should have been better to replace body parts instead of trying to repair them all. But that is something I learned now and will be different for my next project!!

Change the front fenders, first creation:

second creation:

I bought some bigger and wider wheels (5,5J), the frontnose (bumper) and wide rear fenders
    Next to that a reversed eye leaf spring so the car will be lower

Then it was time to remove the paint and filler, the pre-owner really used a lot filler, so i saw some bad repairs underneath that

Last edited by molen586; 01-10-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Because of the Pic limit, I will go further with this post...

Mounting the frontspoiler without seeing the bolts was my second the job. I solved it to make some supports, which i have to attach with polyester material underneath the spoiler:

I want to clean underneath the car too,, and paint it over again, so I used a chassis roller to turnover the car:

Immediately I became confronted with the bad shape of the underside!

To be continued
    Last edited by molen586; 10-29-2008 at 04:34 PM.

keep them pictures coming. welcome to UCP
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Welkom,

Looks like a very interesting project, have you got a plan (both financial and logistical) how and where to source the Abarth (lookalike?) parts?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nice project, welcome to UCP and keep up the updates
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I don't have a financial plan, but I buy some major parts to make a replica, and when I have more money left I will buy the more expensive stuff. Like now i bought a reversed eye leafspring, but in the future i will buy an independent crossmember front axle..

For now I am still busy with the body, thats the first priority. After that a rollcage, brakes, suspension and the engine.

I have an own website/forum called the Dutch Abarth Forum: Index
    There will I find information and the parts that I need. There is a second forum from Guy Moerenhout : www.abarth-gmr.be

Quote Originally Posted by molen586 View Post
    I don't have a financial plan, but I buy some major parts to make a replica, and when I have more money left I will buy the more expensive stuff. Like now i bought a reversed eye leafspring, but in the future i will buy an independent crossmember front axle..

For now I am still busy with the body, thats the first priority. After that a rollcage, brakes, suspension and the engine.

I have an own website/forum called the Dutch Abarth Forum: Index
    There will I find information and the parts that I need. There is a second forum from Guy Moerenhout : www.abarth-gmr.be
    Good links, if anyone wants a translation of (parts) of the Dutch Forum, we might give it a try, or Bob himself could do it. About the Guy Moerenhout museum, it sits somewhere on our "to do" list.

BTW, you might want to include Ultimatecarpage.com - Powered by knowledge, driven by passion in the Abarth links on your forum.....
    Last edited by henk4; 10-30-2008 at 08:34 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That's a good debut on UCP

this project is very interesting, keep us informed!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Of course, I will include this forum in my links page.

There are a some verny nice projects on my forum, from 500's and 600's. Really professional restoring! Much and much nicer then mine!

Yes good idea henk! If anybody wants to find something in my forum, just give me a sign!
    Last edited by molen586; 10-30-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Super cool, good luck with your project
    Team Fiattitude

Ok last update is that I broke my arm while playing soccer, so thats why its a little bit quiet from here:P

Quote Originally Posted by molen586 View Post
    Ok last update is that I broke my arm while playing soccer, so thats why its a little bit quiet from here:P
    motorsport is dangerous but soccer is killing, get well soon....

It's been a few months now. Is your arm better?, and how is your conversion going?
    I could use your help myself also as I need to fit a front radiator on my 850TC replcia.

Amazing! And congratulations for the passion that you are putting in your project, bye
    -> www.caldicarphoto.com (new photos every day!=D)

Hey frank,, good to see you in this forum too but you already mounted the radiator underneath?

The right front fender was in really bad shape so, i replaced it:

Underneath pink primer:P

Stabilizer in the rear:

Last edited by molen586; 05-06-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Thread Information