Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > General Automotive

Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Supporting Admin

Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
Charles Morgan ousted by Morgan

In a rather surprising move, Charles Morgan has been let go by the family business. Amidst a sea of complaints from customers and employees alike, he announced he will fight back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Morgan
October 18 2013 - Statement from Charles Morgan

As has been widely reported, I have been asked to leave the Morgan Motor Company by the board. It is a sad decision that I am appealing; I remain a major shareholder in Morgan.

I’m proud to say I leave with the company’s annual production volumes double what they were at the start of my tenure, with new export markets such as China opened to the company. Morgan remains a small but successful family firm.

I’d like to be clear that I am not a tycoon but a family man – I inherited a company not wealth – and unexpectedly leaving its employment will be a hardship for myself and my family. Being asked to leave the company that bears my name is also extremely personally distressing. That is made more painful as today marks 10 years since my father, Peter Morgan, died and I feel him in spirit with me in this dispute.

However my primary concern is completely for the company I have spent 30 years helping to build, and specifically for Morgan’s employees, who I hold in the highest regard. I want nothing but success for Morgan Motor Company in the future and remain committed to this goal.

I am very grateful for the expressions of support received on twitter and elsewhere, particularly from the employees of Morgan.

I will be making no further statements for the time being.

- Charles Morgan
@charlesmorganuk
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)
Old 10-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
This is a disturbing change- from what I saw Morgan got a lot of publicity after the 3 wheeler came out- it seems like an odd change.

I kind of assumed he would have been majority shareholder and CEO of the company and he'd be immune to something like this, especially when it's technically his company.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Supporting Admin

Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
It seems like Charles Morgan's appeal to the Morgan board has been rejected:

charlesmorganuk | Personal blog of Charles Morgan
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Tags
morgan