Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Classic cars


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
BMW 700 RS BMW 700 RS is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 34
700 Abarth exhaust (Nardi)

Hi DeCarlo...please give me an email address and i'll send you some pics of the exhaust...Elliott
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 PM
decarlo700 decarlo700 is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3
exhaust pics

Hi Elliot. My email is: decarlo700@yahoo.com.ar
Regards.Carlos
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:09 AM
csl177's Avatar
csl177 csl177 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,709
Way Down South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW 700 RS
the sport exhaust for the speed kit is essentially the same exhaust as is on the engine in my pictured engine see entry #50 on ucp. the only difference is the pipe size and the sport system has canister style mufflers instead of the pictured megaphones...

Hello Elliot, found this site while looking for 700s parts...what luck!

I have a 700s cabrio as well as a sport coupe, both 1964. The cabrio is stock, low milage and very original, almost to the paint. The coupe is a clean candidate for restoration and seems as if it's previous life was one of sport. Both are models with twin carbs & exhausts. and the coupe has an exhaust similar to your photos, but with an equalizing pipe between the headers at the front of the engine. I would appreciate any assistance with performace mods/identification and parts sources you may offer.

Many thanks! Russell
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-14-2006, 04:30 AM
McReis's Avatar
McReis McReis is offline
The Special One
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,595
Porto - Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by csl177
Hello Elliot, found this site while looking for 700s parts...what luck!

I have a 700s cabrio as well as a sport coupe, both 1964. The cabrio is stock, low milage and very original, almost to the paint. The coupe is a clean candidate for restoration and seems as if it's previous life was one of sport. Both are models with twin carbs & exhausts. and the coupe has an exhaust similar to your photos, but with an equalizing pipe between the headers at the front of the engine. I would appreciate any assistance with performace mods/identification and parts sources you may offer.

Many thanks! Russell
Nice to see we get this many classic car lovers on a single post, and as many with the good taste for the tiny BMW.

That's a nice pair you have there Russell.

In name of the ones who can rarely see one of those beautys, I'd like to ask you for some photos of your nice pair when you find the time for it. Congratulations and good luck with the restoration.
__________________
Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
john14's Avatar
john14 john14 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,429
Adelaide, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to john14 Send a message via AIM to john14 Send a message via MSN to john14 Send a message via Yahoo to john14
I am a BMW lover so I am biased... but the old BMW 700 RS, LS and CS are beautiful. This car has "old world" charm and beauty. Also, I love the interior of the old BMW 700.
__________________
"Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Last edited by john14; 02-15-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
BMW 700 RS BMW 700 RS is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 34
parts and help

Glad to help any way i can...have lots of parts and technical help....Elliott





QUOTE=csl177]Hello Elliot, found this site while looking for 700s parts...what luck!

I have a 700s cabrio as well as a sport coupe, both 1964. The cabrio is stock, low milage and very original, almost to the paint. The coupe is a clean candidate for restoration and seems as if it's previous life was one of sport. Both are models with twin carbs & exhausts. and the coupe has an exhaust similar to your photos, but with an equalizing pipe between the headers at the front of the engine. I would appreciate any assistance with performace mods/identification and parts sources you may offer.

Many thanks! Russell[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-01-2006, 05:32 PM
csl177's Avatar
csl177 csl177 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,709
Way Down South
BMW 700 Coupe & Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
Nice to see we get this many classic car lovers on a single post, and as many with the good taste for the tiny BMW.

That's a nice pair you have there Russell.

In name of the ones who can rarely see one of those beautys, I'd like to ask you for some photos of your nice pair when you find the time for it. Congratulations and good luck with the restoration.
It is nice to find enthusiasts for these cars as it's been a little frustrating searching the web... most sites are in Europe with only a little history posted which is readily available from several books already in my library. All good, but finding owners who can share knowledge is better.

Indeed they are nice cars, and while badgering the owner over 12 years to sell the cabrio, we ultimately did the deal on trade for parts to restore his 2800cs... and insisted the deal was null unless I took the coupe as well. I wasn't interested until taking a good look at it, but now I'm hooked, and want to see what kind of performance can be wrung from that little engine. If the stock engine in the cabrio is any indication, there's lots of room left to modify & tune the coupe.

Will have the cabrio ready to finish in a few short weeks and will post photos then. Will also post some of my 3.0CSiL...
__________________
'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
'64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
'67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
'68 911T Targa Sporto
'68 Mercedes 280 SL
'62 BMW 700 Sport
'63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
'72 BMW 3.0CSL
'72 BMW 3.0CSA
'70 914/6 GT
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
csl177's Avatar
csl177 csl177 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,709
Way Down South
BMW 700 Cabrio & Coupe

[QUOTE=BMW 700 RS]Glad to help any way i can...have lots of parts and technical help....Elliott

Many thanks, Elliott... great photos of your cars! I was an active member in BMWCCA for 15 years and recall being told of your treasures some time ago.
Being more interested in vintage and particularly air-cooled autos has made
quite a difference in my garage since leaving the club.

Please advise the best way to contact you regarding 700 parts and tech assistance... I can be reached at bamboorm@aol.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
__________________
'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
'64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
'67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
'68 911T Targa Sporto
'68 Mercedes 280 SL
'62 BMW 700 Sport
'63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
'72 BMW 3.0CSL
'72 BMW 3.0CSA
'70 914/6 GT
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-18-2006, 04:09 AM
Gottlieb Zhai Gottlieb Zhai is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Thanks very much!
It is really a good knowlege to me.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-20-2006, 03:41 AM
McReis's Avatar
McReis McReis is offline
The Special One
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,595
Porto - Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by csl177
Will have the cabrio ready to finish in a few short weeks and will post photos then. Will also post some of my 3.0CSiL...
Have I read that correctly? We NEED to see that! That's too good not be be seen.
__________________
Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-21-2006, 06:07 AM
csl177's Avatar
csl177 csl177 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,709
Way Down South
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
Have I read that correctly? We NEED to see that! That's too good not be be seen.

Yup... nearly done although a repaint is still to come. By pure serendipity I found this site (UCP) which put me in touch with 700rs so hopefully will be able to even get a proper exhaust system for it as well. As a new member I gotta give kudos, this is a great forum.

Here's another bright thing:
http://home.aol.com/wfpaul1/MicroSouth2006.html

Elliott tipped me to this (hope to meet the owner of the extraordinary 700RS!) and since it's only a few hours from home, gonna go and mingle with the faithful I promise to post photos upon return....

Oh, pix of my CSL were posted last week. Not great, it's in my shop. Will get it outside for better ones ASAP and post to the correct section, Matt's Hi-Res Hangout...where it'll be "egg-nogged". BTW, where the hell does that term come from?
__________________
'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
'64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
'67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
'68 911T Targa Sporto
'68 Mercedes 280 SL
'62 BMW 700 Sport
'63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
'72 BMW 3.0CSL
'72 BMW 3.0CSA
'70 914/6 GT
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-21-2006, 06:15 AM
McReis's Avatar
McReis McReis is offline
The Special One
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,595
Porto - Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by csl177
Yup... nearly done although a repaint is still to come. By pure serendipity I found this site (UCP) which put me in touch with 700rs so hopefully will be able to even get a proper exhaust system for it as well. As a new member I gotta give kudos, this is a great forum.

Here's another bright thing:
http://home.aol.com/wfpaul1/MicroSouth2006.html

Elliott tipped me to this (hope to meet the owner of the extraordinary 700RS!) and since it's only a few hours from home, gonna go and mingle with the faithful I promise to post photos upon return....
Looking forward to see the result of your future work on the 700, and also to see the RS pics.

Those tiny car events must be great. I love all of those car in the little drawings: the Vespa 400, the Goggomobil, the odd-looking Multipla and such.


Quote:
Originally Posted by csl177
Oh, pix of my CSL were posted last week. Not great, it's in my shop. Will get it outside for better ones ASAP and post to the correct section, Matt's Hi-Res Hangout...
I have missed the pics of your CSL. Every pic from a CSL is great.
I will be glued to the screen, waiting for the "hangout" pics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by csl177
where it'll be "egg-nogged". BTW, where the hell does that term come from?
The term Egg-Nog is due to the member who came up with the idea of the ownership proof. His username is Egg-nog.
__________________
Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Last edited by McReis; 03-21-2006 at 06:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
csl177's Avatar
csl177 csl177 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,709
Way Down South
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
Looking forward to see the result of your future work on the 700, and also to see the RS pics.


I have missed the pics of your CSL. Every pic from a CSL is great.
I will be glued to the screen, waiting for the "hangout" pics.
If there's a way to move 'em to the hangout, I'll do it.... meantime, here they are:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...041#post505041

Like I said, they aren't great photos, but will post better ones soon... I owe this car the attention it deserves, there just aren't enough hours in a day.
__________________
'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
'64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
'67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
'68 911T Targa Sporto
'68 Mercedes 280 SL
'62 BMW 700 Sport
'63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
'72 BMW 3.0CSL
'72 BMW 3.0CSA
'70 914/6 GT

Last edited by McReis; 03-21-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-21-2006, 09:04 AM
McReis's Avatar
McReis McReis is offline
The Special One
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,595
Porto - Portugal
Absolutely gorgeous looking car! Congrats for your nice taste.
It may not be the real thing, but it's a very decent replica. I love it.
__________________
Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
csl177's Avatar
csl177 csl177 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,709
Way Down South
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
Absolutely gorgeous looking car! Congrats for your nice taste.
It may not be the real thing, but it's a very decent replica. I love it.
It's not a replica... per my avatar CSL177, this is CSL #2275177, built September 1972. Quite original... even the Scheel seats have the original upholstery, the car having only driven about 80,000 kilometers since new. The "batmobile" package wasn't offered until mid-1973. I have those parts but have never installed them. The original windsplits came with the car and are in decent shape, and perhaps I'll install those along with the roof spoiler at some point, although it would be nice to find some Zender ones to use instead (to keep the originals in good nick).The trunk spoiler is also original to the car, and though the rear wing looks neat, it's pretty heavy, and wasn't originally installed on this car.

It currently has the original 3003cc EFI engine. I'm installing the later M motor simply because I want more horsepower. The original engine will be crated and stored.

The tell-tale that this is a CSL (besides the VIN number) is the lack of bumper mounts in the front valance, and you'll see in the next group of photos the GRP rear bumper. I'll be sure to include lots of detail shots for the authenticity freaks.
__________________
'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
'64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
'67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
'68 911T Targa Sporto
'68 Mercedes 280 SL
'62 BMW 700 Sport
'63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
'72 BMW 3.0CSL
'72 BMW 3.0CSA
'70 914/6 GT
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Really useful performance listings... Egg Nog Technical forums 58 06-20-2013 10:45 PM
Hide-Out Index Sauc3 Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out 59 06-20-2008 02:43 AM
What BMW means?? Swissbeatz Miscellaneous 59 09-24-2007 03:58 PM
BMW drivers win two and create a gap - SEAT on podium and Giovanardi with two 5th... DarkPhenix Multimedia 5 06-02-2004 02:59 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:00 PM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com