Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Lancia Delta (Progetto 844) 2008-2014

05/02/2008

The Lancia Delta has its world premiere

The Lancia Delta will debut at the 78th Geneva International Motor Show.

Delta is a historical name associated with a peak in Lancia’s motoring past but it is also a mathematical symbol that stands for change, difference and evolution.

From this viewpoint, the Lancia Delta is the first product of the new Lancia philosophy. It has an original, unique positioning, the combination of two values that are fundamental for the brand, elegant styling and a daring, innovative attitude, that inspires all aspects of its marketing and communications activities.

The first totally new car in Lancia’s second century makes its appearance today, with an unparalleled design that upholds the brand’s vocation for innovation.

A first evolutionary “delta” is Lancia’s ability to reconcile its traditional elegance with original architectural solutions which harmoniously blend the assertiveness of a sports car with the onboard well-being of a saloon for the first time.

Designed by the Lancia Style Centre, the new Delta carries forward the tradition of the “great” Lancia models of the past –the Aprilia, the Appia, the Fulvia, the Beta, the Prisma, the Dedra and the Lybra – into the future, and takes its place firmly in the medium saloon segment. The Delta is 4.5 metres long, 1.8 metres wide and 1.5 metres high, measurements that combine with a wheelbase of 2.7 metres to guarantee an extraordinary amount of roominess for this category.

The interior is quiet and full of light, furnished with luxury materials and harmonious colours, and guarantees unbeatable travelling comfort. The sound-absorbing headlining keeps noise to a minimum and luminosity is guaranteed by the extensive glazing of the side windows and the GranLuce sunroof, when it is fitted.

A sliding rear seat with reclining squab turns the passenger compartment into an enjoyable living-room. And this solution also makes the large luggage compartment even more versatile, modular and capacious.

The new Delta offers a high level of technology in terms of entertainment, thanks to collaboration with leading partners in each sector, exemplified by a Bose Hi-Fi radio incorporating a CD player and MP3 file reader with steering-wheel mounted controls, the Blue&Me® system developed with Microsoft, also available in a NAV version, and a brand new satellite navigation system developed with Magneti Marelli.

The Lancia Delta also expresses elegance and attitude where the engines and engineering are concerned.

This attitude comes from fitting a range of turbo engines, both petrol and diesel, with power deliveries extending from 120 bhp up to 200 bhp, and a choice of 6-speed transmissions – manual, robotised and automatic. Engine performance is backed up by tried and tested engineering that guarantees comfort and handling thanks to the adoption of an advanced ESC (Electronic Stability Control) system and technical features that are unique in this category, such as SDC suspension (with electronic damping control), which makes the car even more enjoyable to drive.

Elegance is conveyed by the lines and materials, but also by the car’s relationship with the outside world. Where the environment is concerned, the Lancia Delta’s diesel engines anticipate the limits of the future Euro 5 standards, a feature that certainly represents another “delta” in relation to the competition.

With such features and the international development work underway to support the launch, which will take place in mid 2008, the Delta marks a turning point in Lancia history, and will certainly make a significant contribution to the implementation of the strategic plan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 080205_L_Delta_01.jpg (692.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 080205_L_Delta_02.jpg (585.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 080205_L_Delta_03.jpg (659.9 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by Ferrer; 02-05-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Fanatic

Southeast US
Hideous new design.

Lancia needs to die, their best years are way behind them.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Enthusiast

Tallinn, Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
...Lancia needs to die, their best years are way behind them.
Be gone, you nonbeliever!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Supporting Admin

Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
Quote:
Hideous new design.

Have you ever seen a current Lancia in the flesh?
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
Hideous new design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
Be gone, you nonbeliever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
There might be a smidgen of truth in his second sentence though.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Fanatic

Southeast US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
Nor have I seen Rosie O'Donnell, I doubt either would transition into beauties in the flesh.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
Quote:
Hideous new design.

I wouldn't mind if they came up with a new Lancia Delta Integrale that rivaled the performance of the STI.

But other than that car, I don't know anything else about Lancia. For the main company (I think Fiat, right?) to survive, they might need to slash some companies, like what GM did to Oldsmobile. Maybe that's the best way to go.

Besides, does Lancia exactly have a niche or does it just conflict with what Fiat's trying to make, which is why I never hear anything new about Lancia?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Fanatic

Southeast US
I don't know about their 'niche'...but they shoot for around 5% of the Italian market.

One of my pals put it best about the looks of the new Delta:

"Looks like a Murano that got raped by a B9 Tribeca after sucking on an Aztek's lemons."
Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
I wouldn't mind if they came up with a new Lancia Delta Integrale that rivaled the performance of the STI.
at least this one looks much better than the current STI
Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Rookie

Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't care, I love this design... I hope it's even better than the new Bravo to drive!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Québec
Send a message via MSN to fisetdavid26
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
It's not a very hard thing to do...
that's what she said
Old 02-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Yeah, I guess so. Good looking in its own weird way.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Flat Out

Kyushu
Send a message via AIM to cmcpokey Send a message via MSN to cmcpokey
to me it seems like a more coherent design than the last few lancia designs i have seen, although they all seem a bit awkward
Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

But other than that car, I don't know anything else about Lancia. For the main company (I think Fiat, right?) to survive, they might need to slash some companies, like what GM did to Oldsmobile. Maybe that's the best way to go.

Besides, does Lancia exactly have a niche or does it just conflict with what Fiat's trying to make, which is why I never hear anything new about Lancia?
Quote:
I don't know about their 'niche'...but they shoot for around 5% of the Italian market.

One of my pals put it best about the looks of the new Delta:

"Looks like a Murano that got raped by a B9 Tribeca after sucking on an Aztek's lemons."
Lancia's sales figures are actually quite astonishing considering their limited lineup and pretty much non existant investment.

Last year they managed to sell almost as many cars as Alfa Romeo in Europe, without the massive investments the company from Arese has enjoyed.

The analysis should be much deeper, but that probably underlines the potential Lancia has, if someone was prepared to spend money in it.

Will this new Delta be the solution? Only time will tell. I'm personally not too positive about it.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Enthusiast

Calgary AB
The delta's not exactly pretty
Lancias aren't exactly pretty in the flesh either...

Tags
delta, lancia, nuova