Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Car comparison


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-08-2008, 07:00 AM
pimento's Avatar
pimento pimento is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,536
Perth, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
The comment "too little taste" was interesting so please suggest something unique and affordable. I am open to all options.

Csongor
If I had 17 grand for a car, I'd look for a 944 Turbo, or a vintage Alfa Romeo. Or I'd get really odd and find a Rover SD1 (early 80s 3500 in AU) and spend the cash on making it awesome. But then, I'm not a huge fan of the JDM scene.
__________________
Life's too short to drive bad cars.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-08-2008, 07:09 AM
clutch-monkey's Avatar
clutch-monkey clutch-monkey is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,254
brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
Send a message via MSN to clutch-monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimento View Post
If I had 17 grand for a car, I'd look for a 944 Turbo,
you'd want to make sure you got a bloody good one, more costly than 911's if you break something..911 parts are 'off the shelf' mostly whereas the 944's and especially 968's have a lot of parts that require special order iirc.
__________________
Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Bleeding Heart's Avatar
Bleeding Heart Bleeding Heart is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 665
Republika ng Pilipinas
Send a message via ICQ to Bleeding Heart Send a message via AIM to Bleeding Heart Send a message via MSN to Bleeding Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Bleeding Heart
Well i'd take the supra because it has style and performance is not that bad...

The skyline is also a great car...

But like what all of these people said... IT'S DOWN TO YOUR TASTE...
__________________
Everything ends at 666...
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-08-2008, 03:29 PM
whiteballz's Avatar
whiteballz whiteballz is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 11,112
Western Sydney, Australia
Send a message via MSN to whiteballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
As for your budget, you couldn't buy a good GTR for less than $20,000AU. Most prime examples are hovering between 23-25 grand, with some V-Specs hitting the 30K region.

I dont know what they're putting in the water where your from, but a good low mileage example in sydney can be had for vastly less that 23 grand.

If i had fifteen grand I'd be a f*ckin happy man.
__________________
Weekly Quote -

Dick
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 AM
AERO_HDT AERO_HDT is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Melbourne, Australia
I'm talking PRIME. Not just good, I'm talking concours.

Show me a concours, unmolested example for "vastly less" and I'll bow out.

Show me even a "good" one for less than 20K.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-09-2008, 05:12 AM
whiteballz's Avatar
whiteballz whiteballz is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 11,112
Western Sydney, Australia
Send a message via MSN to whiteballz
Concours unmolested GTR's dont exist in australia, When they go up for sale, they're snatched incredibly quickly, and routinely do collect up to 30 grand.


For refrence - straight, clean, Lightly modded R32 GTR with long rego for $22,000 grand.

Red 1994 R32 Gt-r - Skylines Australia


Another - not so stock for $21,500, great condition proven 297kw atw.

Fs: 1989 R32 Gtr Modified - Skylines Australia


Yet another R32 GTR, not quite stock but very straight $20,400

1992 R32 Gtr For Sale - Skylines Australia


Completely stock R32 GTR, $21,000

R32 Gtr No Mods Rarely Driven $21,000 - Skylines Australia


No pics but if you believe the seller, pretty stock R32 GTR for $17,500

R32 Gtr For Sale - Skylines Australia


Obviously, these are above $20,000 - But these cars were all on the first two classified pages of SAU.com -If i actually trawled the forum I'd be sure to find cheaper examples.


EDIT: now for the other end of the scale

R32 Gtr - Skylines Australia
__________________
Weekly Quote -

Dick
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-22-2008, 08:20 PM
supraNova supraNova is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
i live in australia
Send a message via MSN to supraNova
"light bulb moment" "eureka" "ah haaa"

I have finally got it. It never came to be before till now.

If i love the handeling of the Skyline GTR 32 and the look of the Supra then why dont i combine the both. Put a GTR 32 motor into a Supra. The Supra will become AWD with the option of going 2WD if i feel like doing some drifting at some point in time.

I have read all your comments. I love the FD RX7 but i think i will have to sell my girlfriends grandmother to get one.

And i had a look at the 944 Porsche but honestly lets break it down. The Boxster is the poor man Porshce. And the 944 is the poor mans Boxster. I think i will save my heartache and wait till im wealthy enough to get the Porsche we know we all want

Ok back to my dream car. Once my supra has the skyline motor in it. I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

I think it will look something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 131777622_bccf80c3e8.jpg (154.8 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 PM
f6fhellcat13's Avatar
f6fhellcat13 f6fhellcat13 is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,225
└A & Connecticlump
Send a message via AIM to f6fhellcat13 Send a message via MSN to f6fhellcat13
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
Ok back to my dream car. Once my supra has the skyline motor in it. I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

I think it will look something like this.
ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimento View Post
My first impression is you probably have too much money and too little taste.
__________________
"Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
"No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-22-2008, 09:40 PM
#1 Mustang Fan's Avatar
#1 Mustang Fan #1 Mustang Fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 937
New Zealand, Feilding.
Send a message via MSN to #1 Mustang Fan Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Mustang Fan
At least a poor mans Porsche has some class.

But who am I to knock your choice.
__________________
Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-22-2008, 11:02 PM
clutch-monkey's Avatar
clutch-monkey clutch-monkey is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,254
brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
Send a message via MSN to clutch-monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
If i love the handeling of the Skyline GTR 32 and the look of the Supra then why dont i combine the both. Put a GTR 32 motor into a Supra.
it's been done. so now you have the muscle car handling of the supra, only minus the extra torque and longevity of the 2JZ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
The Supra will become AWD
no it won't
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
2WD if i feel like doing some drifting at some point in time.
by a GTS-T then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
Once my supra has the skyline motor in it.
well it won't have a skyline motor in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
I will make it into a convertible
you know some supra's are aero top right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

I think it will look something like this.
no. just....no. that's not a supra. that's just a ricer abomination.
i suppose it's cool if you're 12 years old.
__________________
Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:20 AM
AERO_HDT AERO_HDT is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 91
Melbourne, Australia
LOL

My understanding of the GTR is that it's full time AWD with no option to turn it off?

There are guys who run Porsche conversions in the States and what they do is mate a 911 engine with the Porsche Boxster - poor mans car or not, I think the engine placement in the Boxster makes it a great car.

BTW, what is a Chrysler Grill and has it got anything to do with George Foreman?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:33 AM
#1 Mustang Fan's Avatar
#1 Mustang Fan #1 Mustang Fan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 937
New Zealand, Feilding.
Send a message via MSN to #1 Mustang Fan Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Mustang Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
LOL

My understanding of the GTR is that it's full time AWD with no option to turn it off?

There are guys who run Porsche conversions in the States and what they do is mate a 911 engine with the Porsche Boxster - poor mans car or not, I think the engine placement in the Boxster makes it a great car.

BTW, what is a Chrysler Grill and has it got anything to do with George Foreman?
Yeah, Knock the fat out of your car with the new George Foreman Grill.
__________________
Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 AM
LeonOfTheDead's Avatar
LeonOfTheDead LeonOfTheDead is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,826
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
LOL

My understanding of the GTR is that it's full time AWD with no option to turn it off?

There are guys who run Porsche conversions in the States and what they do is mate a 911 engine with the Porsche Boxster - poor mans car or not, I think the engine placement in the Boxster makes it a great car.

BTW, what is a Chrysler Grill and has it got anything to do with George Foreman?
it's an AWD that engages the front axle only when required, so usually it's a RWD car. fully automatic, obviously. the difference with other cars is that usually there is always a minor torque transfer to the front axle (about 5% in Porsche 4 and Lamborghini) so to reduce the stress on the mechanical parts when more traction at the front axle is required, since those parts are already moving and would need to accelerate the less, with minor inertial stresses and impacts.
__________________
KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
kingofthering's Avatar
kingofthering kingofthering is offline
Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,356
95616
Send a message via AIM to kingofthering
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
I have finally got it. It never came to be before till now.

If i love the handeling of the Skyline GTR 32 and the look of the Supra then why dont i combine the both. Put a GTR 32 motor into a Supra. The Supra will become AWD with the option of going 2WD if i feel like doing some drifting at some point in time.

I have read all your comments. I love the FD RX7 but i think i will have to sell my girlfriends grandmother to get one.

And i had a look at the 944 Porsche but honestly lets break it down. The Boxster is the poor man Porshce. And the 944 is the poor mans Boxster. I think i will save my heartache and wait till im wealthy enough to get the Porsche we know we all want

Ok back to my dream car. Once my supra has the skyline motor in it. I will make it into a convertible with an awesome kit and a sexy paint job. And eventually i wanna put one of those Chrysler Grills on the front and mould the front body kit to match it. When it is ready it will be a day of days.

I think it will look something like this.
ohahaha I lulzed at this.

You are joking, right?
__________________
I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
whiteballz's Avatar
whiteballz whiteballz is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 11,112
Western Sydney, Australia
Send a message via MSN to whiteballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraNova View Post
*RB into supra speil*
Theres a reason that not many people do that.

The 2JZ suits the toyota, its big, powerful, and indestructable.

The RB is much better matched to the Skyline.

If your in sydney I'll let you know when theres a meetup of imports - feel free to come out to any meetup and ask questions.

You'll see the better side of import ownership - away from chrome and neons.
__________________
Weekly Quote -

Dick
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awd, gtr32, skyline, supra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supra vs Skyline Supra-Devil Car comparison 46 05-28-2018 05:27 PM
Supra vs Skyline Supra-Devil Car comparison 508 03-12-2014 06:54 AM
GT4 Master Car List DarkPhenix Gaming 68 06-06-2005 12:29 PM
Porsche 993 Twin Turbo McLareN Multimedia 9 10-01-2004 05:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com