Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > User's rides


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-12-2009, 04:01 AM
clutch-monkey's Avatar
clutch-monkey clutch-monkey is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,254
brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
Send a message via MSN to clutch-monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Can I afford it?

Well, nobody is buying cars now, and usually no one wants relatively affordable italian cars. So while at the dealer just haggle hard until you can afford it. Trust me, eventually you'll get to that point.
LOL. awesome.
__________________
Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 PM
EVO10 FQ-400's Avatar
EVO10 FQ-400 EVO10 FQ-400 is offline
Novice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Ohrid , Macedonia
Send a message via MSN to EVO10 FQ-400 Send a message via Yahoo to EVO10 FQ-400
Im sorry this car is SHOCKING! i dislike it alot and it looks disgusting! Eww~!
__________________
Thanks for coming by, Please dont come again =)
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Waugh-terfall's Avatar
Waugh-terfall Waugh-terfall is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,000
Surrey, England
Send a message via MSN to Waugh-terfall
Nice, I love the look of those. I thought Lancia were coming to the UK with it, but so far I've only seen one Delta, it was on Italian plates at an Italian Car Trackday at Goodwood earlier in this year, looked fantastic in white/black. What's your spec like?
__________________
V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
Nice, I love the look of those. I thought Lancia were coming to the UK with it, but so far I've only seen one Delta, it was on Italian plates at an Italian Car Trackday at Goodwood earlier in this year, looked fantastic in white/black. What's your spec like?
1.4 Turbo top spec. It's nice.

Nothing has broken in a couple of weeks. Incredible...!
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Waugh-terfall's Avatar
Waugh-terfall Waugh-terfall is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,000
Surrey, England
Send a message via MSN to Waugh-terfall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
1.4 Turbo top spec. It's nice.

Nothing has broken in a couple of weeks. Incredible...!
An Executive?
What's that engine like? I've decided that I'm going to the local Alfa garage to have a go in a T-Jet MiTo sometime soon...
__________________
V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 11-19-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
What's that engine like? I've decided that I'm going to the local Alfa garage to have a go in a T-Jet MiTo sometime soon...
Very possibly best part of the car. It's a little 1400cc gem.

Beware though, it's not a diesel. So if you push you'll get 150bhp petrol engine like fuel consuption. Also small engine + high speed cruising = not a good combination.

Other than that brilliant, almost no turbo lag, refined and quite fast. I can only imagine that the new Multiairs in the Mito will be even better.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Waugh-terfall's Avatar
Waugh-terfall Waugh-terfall is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,000
Surrey, England
Send a message via MSN to Waugh-terfall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Very possibly best part of the car. It's a little 1400cc gem.

Beware though, it's not a diesel. So if you push you'll get 150bhp petrol engine like fuel consuption. Also small engine + high speed cruising = not a good combination.

Other than that brilliant, almost no turbo lag, refined and quite fast. I can only imagine that the new Multiairs in the Mito will be even better.
I can imagine, is the all important, typical Italian rorty exhaust note present though? My 1.4 is terrible for juice, but then I only really do short town trips, 35mpg on a long motorway + city trip recently... Who's car is the Delta exactly? Your uncle has the XF SV8, your aunt has your old MINI Cooper S, you have the 118d?
__________________
V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
I can imagine, is the all important, typical Italian rorty exhaust note present though? My 1.4 is terrible for juice, but then I only really do short town trips, 35mpg on a long motorway + city trip recently... Who's car is the Delta exactly? Your uncle has the XF SV8, your aunt has your old MINI Cooper S, you have the 118d?
The Delta is a workhorse. Who ever needs it gets it.

When others are too impractical, small or posh the Delta steps in.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Waugh-terfall's Avatar
Waugh-terfall Waugh-terfall is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,000
Surrey, England
Send a message via MSN to Waugh-terfall
So, do you, your parents, your uncle and your aunt share all 4 of the cars?
__________________
V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
So, do you, your parents, your uncle and your aunt share all 4 of the cars?
If the need arises yes. They are our 4 family cars.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Clivey's Avatar
Clivey Clivey is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,193
Derby, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Beware though, it's not a diesel. So if you push you'll get 150bhp petrol engine like fuel consuption. Also small engine + high speed cruising = not a good combination.
What? Modern turbocharged small engine + motorway crusing = bad fuel economy? Does not compute.

You have a 6-speed box, yes? In 6th at motorway speeds, the revs should be low enough to stop the turbocharger wasting fuel...unless; because your turbocharger is small and starts spinning at lower revs than most, it's therefore activating even in 6th at motorway speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
I can only imagine that the new Multiairs in the Mito will be even better.
I have heard great things: Now the Fiat group just needs some decent chassis, gearboxes etc.
__________________
"This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
What? Modern turbocharged small engine + motorway crusing = bad fuel economy? Does not compute.

You have a 6-speed box, yes? In 6th at motorway speeds, the revs should be low enough to stop the turbocharger wasting fuel...unless; because your turbocharger is small and starts spinning at lower revs than most, it's therefore activating even in 6th at motorway speeds?
What's your idea of high speed cruising?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
I have heard great things: Now the Fiat group just needs some decent chassis, gearboxes etc.
Indeed.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 AM
john14's Avatar
john14 john14 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,429
Adelaide, Australia
Send a message via ICQ to john14 Send a message via AIM to john14 Send a message via MSN to john14 Send a message via Yahoo to john14
Italian cars are a lot of fun despite all their faults.
__________________
"Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,277
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by john14 View Post
Italian cars are a lot of fun despite all their faults.
Italian cars don't have faults, they have character.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Clivey's Avatar
Clivey Clivey is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,193
Derby, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
What's your idea of high speed cruising?
Well...you might have to swap that Delta for an 8C first:



Mmmm. Just going to the Men's room, BRB...
__________________
"This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
delta, italian, lancia, reliability


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 PM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com