Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster 2012-2014

Aston Martin is lifting the lid on an extreme new sports car with the global debut of the V12 Vantage Roadster.

The new sports car, available as a limited edition in selected markets worldwide, immediately becomes the most potent example of the open-top Vantage range and mixes the breath-taking power of Aston Martinís naturally aspirated 6.0-litre V12 engine with the established thrills of Vantage Roadster driving for what is an unforgettable sports car experience.

The V12 Vantage Roadsterís 6.0-litre engine, mated as in the Coupe to a six-speed manual gearbox, generates 517 PS at 6,500 rpm and a muscular 570 Nm of torque at 5,750 rpm. It has been intelligently packaged into the Vantage Roadsterís compact form to fully exploit the sports-orientated modelís ample natural agility.

The naturally-aspirated V12 provides high levels of power and torque yet it delivers a flexible, refined driving experience illuminated with the potential for truly electrifying performance. The 0-62 mph sprint is dispatched in just 4.5 seconds* while this most potent Aston Martin Roadster is capable of 190 mph*.

While the Roadster naturally shares much of the technical and specification features of the V12 Vantage Coupe, some elements are redesigned to take account of the Roadsterís neat packaging and engaging dynamics.

The V12 Vantage Roadster features a redesigned rear boot lid and lower front air intake to maintain a level of dynamic performance thatís fully in keeping with the V12 Coupe, while there are also a number of unique chassis revisions. These include a modified rear damper set-up, front and rear damper valve tuning and a new rear spring design.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Back to black

Delft
Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster #2
Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Back to black

Delft
Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster #3
Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Back to black

Delft
Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster #4

It's unmistakeable a very beautiful auto-mobile or you could call it a sculpture.
Nevertheless I don't think Ill ever get bored by it. Even in standard trim its gorges.
But all those different variations, why? AM could also tell there customers, you could choose between the Vantage and DB9 as Coupe or Volante/Roadster, and choose your own engine I6 V8 V12 and whatever options you could think of.

That's customizing to the max.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Philadelphia, PA
Send a message via AIM to Cobrafan427
That red top is hideous
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
I bet no one was expecting that.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Fanatic

Perth, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duell View Post
But all those different variations, why? AM could also tell there customers, you could choose between the Vantage and DB9 as Coupe or Volante/Roadster, and choose your own engine I6 V8 V12 and whatever options you could think of.

That's customizing to the max.
I kinda like that idea.. pick a body (Vantage, Virage or Vanquish), coupe/convertible, engine, colours.. maybe some foofaraw (vents, shpoilers, etc).. etc.. could work, and we could all be less cynical about 'just another AM' every few months.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

Victoria, Australia
Is it just me, or are all the black bits red? Seems like the hood vents, blade on the side vents, and piece in the middle of each of the rear lights are actually a dark shade of red.
Strange.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimento View Post
pick a body (Vantage, Virage or Vanquish)
Hahaha.

Oh wait... you aren't joking?

I thought they were all the same body.

Probably.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Back to black

Delft
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
Is it just me, or are all the black bits red? Seems like the hood vents, blade on the side vents, and piece in the middle of each of the rear lights are actually a dark shade of red.
Strange.
Yes they are all a kind of red. But maybe that's already some kind of personalizing thing. I doubt they sell any of the shelf cars.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Enthusiast

Perth, Australia
Send a message via MSN to Cyco
Duell, in Europe, the UK and Australia most cars are ordered by the customer in the colours they desire. In Asia, the Middle East and North America they generally wont wait and will take what the dealer has in stock.

I have no knowledge of African or Central/South American buying habits
Old 07-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Back to black

Delft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
Duell, in Europe, the UK and Australia most cars are ordered by the customer in the colours they desire. In Asia, the Middle East and North America they generally wont wait and will take what the dealer has in stock.

I have no knowledge of African or Central/South American buying habits
I think this is a step more then just ordering a colour. This even has red carbon vents and red bodytrim between the lights. And the inside of the wheels are red as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Enthusiast

Perth, Australia
Send a message via MSN to Cyco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duell View Post
I think this is a step more then just ordering a colour. This even has red carbon vents and red bodytrim between the lights. And the inside of the wheels are red as well.
When ordering the colour on an AM it is not just body colour you pick, it is main and secondary leather colours, stitching colours, headlining colour, etc. I'm sure this is just an extension, or display of what is already available, perhaps pushing it a bit further than before, or reflecting some things some people have already ordered.

They have some experience in helping people pick, but the colour choices are (like RR, Bentley and others) truly only limited by cost and taste.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
They have some experience in helping people pick, but the colour choices are (like RR, Bentley and others) truly only limited by cost and taste.
Taste is definitely not a limiting factor.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Furniture

Barcelona
Having taste is indeed a limiting factor. If you had some you wouldn't drive around in a car with red carbonfibre accents.

Tags
aston martin, british, v12