Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 12-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Ford Mustang (6th gen) 2014-

FORD REVEALS NEW MUSTANG

• Ford Motor Company Executive Chairman Bill Ford introduces new Mustang for Europe, the first Mustang to go on sale in the region after almost 50 years of production
  • New Ford Mustang fastback and convertible models promise world-class levels of performance and refinement; sleek design retaining classic Mustang key design elements
  • New Mustang will deliver power of choice in Europe, from 5.0-litre V8 engine to the all-new fuel-efficient 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine. State-of-the-art suspension is optimised to deliver world-class handling, precise steering control and ride comfort; innovative technology for enhanced control and connectivity

BARCELONA, Spain, 5 December, 2013 – Ford Motor Company today unveiled the new Ford Mustang – the first Mustang ever to go on sale in Europe in almost 50 years of production.

Executive Chairman Bill Ford introduced the new Mustang at Ford’s special “Go Further” event to an audience of around 2,500 journalists, dealers and employees, in Barcelona, Spain – one of six cities across four continents where the new Mustang was simultaneously revealed.

The new Ford Mustang fastback and convertible models promise world-class levels of performance and refinement while embracing the Mustang’s half-century of heritage and status as a global icon.

“Ford Mustang inspires passion like no other car,” said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. “The visceral look, sound and performance of Mustang resonate with people, even if they’ve never driven one. Mustang is definitely more than just a car – it is the heart and soul of Ford.”

More than 9 million Mustangs have been sold since it was first launched in 1964. The world’s most-liked vehicle on Facebook, Mustang has made thousands of appearances in film, television, music and video games, and is one of 25 new vehicles that Ford will launch in Europe in the next five years.

“The Mustang’s formidable reputation for performance and its iconic status as a symbol of freedom and optimism precedes it even in those parts of the world where the car has never been sold,” said Stephen Odell, Ford executive vice president, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “The new Mustang epitomises Ford’s aggressive product acceleration; technologically advanced and forward-looking, but without forgetting the heritage that has inspired Ford customers for generations.”

The new Mustang has been developed with world-class performance, driving dynamics and usability in mind – and includes a significant amount of advanced driver convenience and driver aid technologies.

“The new Mustang is one of the most hotly anticipated cars ever, we are very excited to now give drivers in Europe the opportunity to experience the real thing,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe.

Mustang past and future
2014 Ford Mustang GT - UCP Specifications and Information
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 01.jpg (354.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 02.jpg (502.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 03.jpg (373.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 05.jpg (431.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 06.jpg (468.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 07.jpg (326.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Man of Steel; 08-23-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Back to black

Delft
I kind of like it. The 5th surely had it's charm, and although this one is smaller and a bit more rounded, it's still aggressive. Just like a mustang should be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 08.jpg (557.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 09.jpg (879.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 10.jpg (463.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 11.jpg (696.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 12.jpg (906.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 18.jpg (739.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Duell; 12-05-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more pictures
Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Back to black

Delft
Mustang VI #3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 13.jpg (560.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 14.jpg (540.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 15.jpg (551.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 16.jpg (1,019.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 17.jpg (383.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Mustang VI 2014 19.jpg (403.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Novice

Cleveland, OH, USA
It looks pretty sleek I must say! I wish they would've gone even more extreme with a futuristic look; but I must say I think this look satisfies all parties (old and new Mustang fans alike).
Old 12-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

USA, Colorado, Vallecito Lake
I wish they would stop satisfying the old mustang fans. It looks like a facelift from the outside. That said, independent rear suspension in a mustang? Its about time.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
I wish they would stop satisfying the old mustang fans. It looks like a facelift from the outside. That said, independent rear suspension in a mustang? Its about time.
I agree. This retro style has been around since what, 2005?

It's not a bad looking car, the styling just looks so tired. Just because the Camaro is still retro styled doesn't mean you need to stay retro.

It looks good, but in a boring way. Not something I'd look for in a sports car.

I'd happily take a C7 Corvette over this.

I can see why they'd appeal to the older generation though- they're the retirees who have money and can spend it.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
blah blah blah blah I'm a communist
QFT.

This is the car I want of the cars that are made now.

I want to do a giant burnout from my house down the 401 to upstate NY, through NYC to Los Angeles, then magically transmograportify to the Moon and say "'Murica: it's whose flag is on this rock."

This is all that is good with America; all that is good with cars dare I say. A V8, a low price, amazing looks, and what I assume will be spectacular performance and fun to drive-edness and noise. This is what North America was built on. Giant roads, independent freedom, making out with your girlfriend in the backseat, and punching the member of the opposing hockey club in the face... With your stick. If you were Tim Horton, you would crash and die in your Pantera GT5 (with requiste 351) on the QEW after a game high on about 7 different drugs used to kill pain and trip out.

Soviets, do not apply. I now want to watch the '72 Summit Series and '80 Miracle on ice and tear up watching Neil land on the Moon, which was 5 years after the Mustang debuted.

There are icons in the automotive world, and then there are cars like this and the 911 and the Corvette. This isht actually gets mainstream traction.

It is bad to be the neighbors of you loud people down south for so many reasons, but every once and a while, crap makes this makes us be able to tolerate you and actually realize why we help each other so much.

#rant #freedom #openroads #trafficjams
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 PM

Philadelphia, PA
Send a message via AIM to Cobrafan427
Some angles look great and others still remind me of an Accord Coupe, especially that side profile, yeesh
Old 12-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Furniture

The Accord Coupe looks great!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
QFT.

This is the car I want of the cars that are made now.

I want to do a giant burnout from my house down the 401 to upstate NY, through NYC to Los Angeles, then magically transmograportify to the Moon and say "'Murica: it's whose flag is on this rock."

This is all that is good with America; all that is good with cars dare I say. A V8, a low price, amazing looks, and what I assume will be spectacular performance and fun to drive-edness and noise. This is what North America was built on. Giant roads, independent freedom, making out with your girlfriend in the backseat, and punching the member of the opposing hockey club in the face... With your stick. If you were Tim Horton, you would crash and die in your Pantera GT5 (with requiste 351) on the QEW after a game high on about 7 different drugs used to kill pain and trip out.

Soviets, do not apply. I now want to watch the '72 Summit Series and '80 Miracle on ice and tear up watching Neil land on the Moon, which was 5 years after the Mustang debuted.

There are icons in the automotive world, and then there are cars like this and the 911 and the Corvette. This isht actually gets mainstream traction.

It is bad to be the neighbors of you loud people down south for so many reasons, but every once and a while, crap makes this makes us be able to tolerate you and actually realize why we help each other so much.

#rant #freedom #openroads #trafficjams
Yes to all.

We need more V8s.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Furniture

There ain't in thing wrong with 4s and 6s given they are in the proper configuration and are "well sorted" as the Brits might say, but a big V8 is more rare and with clever design can return good mileage.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
There ain't in thing wrong with 4s and 6s given they are in the proper configuration and are "well sorted" as the Brits might say, but a big V8 is more rare and with clever design can return good mileage.
Don't be fooled; fuel consumption will be nothing short of abysmal, but charismatic engine would make up for it, somewhat at least...
Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Furniture

On a big-ass North American highway it may be acceptable...
Old 12-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Fanatic

└A & Connecticlump
Send a message via AIM to f6fhellcat13 Send a message via MSN to f6fhellcat13
Quote:
On a big-ass North American highway it may be acceptable...
When you've got a big V8 geared tall anything can happen. Corvette drivers don't have much difficulty getting 30 Ms from each G on long hauls. Though, admittedly, the aerodynamicist who designed the Mustang and Camaro was probably the same guy consulted on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, so their mileage will vary. The Corvette, being a little lighter and a lot slipperier, is bound to get better mileage, but it shows how well you can do when your engine is spinning only two thousand times a minute at 100mph or 1,600 rpm at 80mph.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
When you've got a big V8 geared tall anything can happen. Corvette drivers don't have much difficulty getting 30 Ms from each G on long hauls. Though, admittedly, the aerodynamicist who designed the Mustang and Camaro was probably the same guy consulted on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, so their mileage will vary. The Corvette, being a little lighter and a lot slipperier, is bound to get better mileage, but it shows how well you can do when your engine is spinning only two thousand times a minute at 100mph or 1,600 rpm at 80mph.
30mpg is good (is about what I get with the Mazda when I do not concentrate), but I doubt the pony cars will get that. Not only because of aerodynamics, but weight too.

Also, we have hills and corners, which do not help.

(This is the Eix Transversal, on which I drive often)

But most of all, especially in Europe, you are not going to buy a V8 sporty car only to do 80mph in sixth.

Tags
america, ford, ford mustang