Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
I don't think race wins are important.

It is cool that Ferrari races though.
I think quite the opposite actually. Its hugely important that Ferrari races. Porsche has subscribed to the Axiom "We race the cars we sell," as opposed to ferrari who go about business as "We sell the the cars we race." Who do you think builds the better performing car?

Ferrari stuffs their cars with technology that has back tracked its way from Formula 1 and both the 599XX and FXX programs. it has given drivers the brilliant semi automatic gearbox, superb traction control, and brilliant engines. If Ferrari is doing well on the track, it will show in its street cars later.

Not that Lamborghini hasn't built great cars as well. In fact, they are brilliant. But I don't see Lamborghinis as well refined or focused as a Ferrari.

But Lamborghini has Audi as a handicap, IMO. Audi's quattro setup is really holding them back. The Balboni was a raw and brilliant car, and I think Lambo should continue to build RWD cars, except make it a permanent option or model.

And I would just like to throw this out their, Audi has been rumored to enter Formula 1 any year now.