View Poll Results: Which is the best looking car ever?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaguar E Type

31 14.55%
  • Aston Martin DB7

20 9.39%
  • Lamborghini Muira

43 20.19%
  • Ferrari 250 GT0

48 22.54%
  • Porsche Carrera GT

35 16.43%
  • Bentley Continental GT

11 5.16%
  • Lamborghini Murcielago

32 15.02%
  • Aston Martin Vanquish

35 16.43%
  • Lotus Esprit

15 7.04%
  • Ferrari Enzo

23 10.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best looking car ever made?

Even though I choose the Miura there are so many other good looking cars that I would consider on a list.
    One of my absolute favourites is the Lancia Aurelia B20 GT, or why not the Alfa Giulia/Giulietta Sprint. A lot of the Zagato bodied cars are absolutely wonderful, for example the Aston Martin DB4 GTZ or the Fiat 8V Zagato and so on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    It was my dad's second car (first was an MGA) and what he was driving in college when he met and married my mom. He tells me the odds were good that I was concieved in it. He also likes to point out that it's a lot easier to pick up women driving a car like that than a van or something.
    Wow. That's freaking awesome.

What a strange and eclectic list! Where are the Figoni and Falashi bodied cars like the Delahaye, the Bugatti Atalante and so on? The E type; iconic but surely not, if you really look, the most beautiful - much too narrow a track if you study it properly (I've had mine 28 years so feel qualified to comment). The 250 GTO; which version? The "bread van" or the original 1962 car? Purposeful all, but not beautiful surely. I'd probably include a Gullwing Mercedes on my list of production cars, but to me the Atalanta is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by lowdrag View Post
    What a strange and eclectic list! Where are the Figoni and Falashi bodied cars like the Delahaye, the Bugatti Atalante and so on? The E type; iconic but surely not, if you really look, the most beautiful - much too narrow a track if you study it properly (I've had mine 28 years so feel qualified to comment). The 250 GTO; which version? The "bread van" or the original 1962 car? Purposeful all, but not beautiful surely. I'd probably include a Gullwing Mercedes on my list of production cars, but to me the Atalanta is my favorite.
    Is that the Atalanta, like in the very limited number of pre-war British sportscars?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Sorry - typo. I was referring to the Bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by lowdrag View Post
    Sorry - typo. I was referring to the Bugatti
    OK, although I would not be embarrassed if somebody choose the Atalanta, which won the the beauty contest at the Goodwood FoS in 2007....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

is this the one youre talking about? the delahaye rip-off?

1939 Bugatti Type 57 C Vanvooren Cabriolet - Images, Specifications and Information

seen it in person, and it was absolutely stunning. i havent seen the delahaye 165 in person, but i generally prefer delehayes to bugattis. the 165 has been my single favorite car for the better part of 15 years.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

1936 - 1938 Bugatti Type 57 S Gangloff Atalante - Images, Specifications and Information

no we are talking this one, and there are several more on the main page.

oh ok, my bad.. it is also a stunning car (although i prefer the Van Vooren).

Thsi Figoni and Falaschi Delahaye belongs to a friend of mine. Simply stunning. My short nose is behind the delahaye here.

Last edited by lowdrag; 02-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.

is that the 135 MS? You have to be specific with the F&F Delehayes, there's a bunch of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    is that the 135 MS? You have to be specific with the F&F Delehayes, there's a bunch of them.
    F&F did far more Delahayes, in a more normal shape than the well known exuberant ones, on 135/135M/135MS chassis, you name it, they did it.

as the most beautiful car also some of the Talbot Teardrops may qualify (See the most recent update)

I think it's a little unfair to compare pre-war car to post-war cars. The former are like sculptures, the latter are just transportation objects compared.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think it's a little unfair to compare pre-war car to post-war cars. The former are like sculptures, the latter are just transportation objects compared.
    the operative word in the thread title is "EVER"....so your argument has no value IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the operative word in the thread title is "EVER"....so your argument has no value IMHO.
    It was meant as a compliment to pre-war cars, but nevermind.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information