Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: VE HSV....Pics

Howzat?

yep yep thats more like it. nice job, loving the giant foglamps .
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I don't see why you guys are complaining, you get hot rodded four doors while we get nothing over here...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I don't see why you guys are complaining, you get hot rodded four doors while we get nothing over here...
    If it was just Holden/HSV maybe we'd take what we get, but we've got Ford/FPV to pick from as well.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    VE will still be lighter than BF.
    Well we can all discard this bit of info. Those weight figures are TARE mass, meaning a completely empty car and not kerb weight. Add at least 50kg of fuel and youve got youre comparative figure with the BF FPV's. It seems we've all overlooked that part.
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 08-15-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    I am the Stig

I love the front on these, but the back...its weird...
    And I personally dont think these look anything like an FPV. AT ALL. Its unmistakably HSV!!
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well we can all discard this bit of info. Those weight figures are TARE mass, meaning a completely empty car and not kerb weight. Add at least 50kg of fuel and youve got youre comparative figure with the BF FPV's. It seems we've all overlooked that part.
    It's still 25kg lighter than the GT so it's still going to be faster, in a straight line definately and most likely round a track to, thanks to the wide rears and newer, stiffer chassis. And also due to the oft overlooked fact that this actually has more than 14kw more than the GT due to differences in measured power.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thats the GT though, what about the F6. Almost everyone is convinced Ford is lying about the power of them now
    I am the Stig

The F6 is lighter by about the same amount, but are Ford lying about the power by 40kw? That's about difference in power when you factor in the difference between ECE and DIN power figures. That's a lot.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 08-15-2006 at 08:06 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thats the GT though, what about the F6. Almost everyone is convinced Ford is lying about the power of them now
    Only when you talk to ford fanatics, god knows they need something to beat Holden's (old) base V8. Cant be bothered with the Ford V8, we all know its garbage .

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry
    Only when you talk to ford fanatics, god knows they need something to beat Holden's (old) base V8. Cant be bothered with the Ford V8, we all know its garbage .

Fanboy?

I'm a Ford fanatic. Sort of
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

garbage? yer I dont know what tree you fell out of mate. Both the LS engines and BOSS V8's can be heavily modified for very fast times etc. When will people learn that the better of two cars is simply not the one that can go faster from 0-100km/h or do the quarter mile 0.000001 seconds faster, it is the one with superior ride, handling, dynamics, comfort, aesthetics etc etc etc. In my opinion i love both engines, but if I were to choose one to live with, it would be the Boss, why? love the sound of the GT more so than the clubbie, refinement and so on. Next time you go ahead and say an engine, car, whatever is "garbage" may I suggest explaining why? Love to see an ls1 haul an 1800kg car like the boss has to, THEN we'll talk.

EDIT: $5 he's a fanboy from the ls1 forums

- The line for the PS3

Having the F6, with an I6 engine taking over the Clubbies crown as muscle car king is making you kind of depressed isnt it?

- The line for the PS3

Motor crowned the F6 "The best muscle car in Australia" over the Clubbie and it's pushrod "garbage".
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Without getting into a sledge match with anyone, its way past the point of something being shared around the ranks of Ford fanatics. Especially when the F6 is the only one to crack a 13 when a whole range of FPV's and HSV's are tested.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information