Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StudioTorino Porsche Cayman.

StudioTorino Porsche Cayman.

http://www.studiotorino.com/en/auto/coupe/pagina.htm

"The supercharged 3.8 litre engine of the RK Coupé provides a 440 bhp (325 kW) at 7,000 RPM and 501.4 Nm torque at 5,500 RPM.

The acceleration from 0 – 100 km/h (0 – 62 mph ) of the 3.8 litre RK Coupé with a RUF Kompressor Engine takes only 4.3 sec., from 0 – 200 km/h (0 – 125 mph ) only 13.0 sec. The maximum speed is over 300 km/h ( 195 mph )."

Pictures.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I Love It!

Wow. Tidy looking, super slick too!!!!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Lovely color, I like it.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Great lines on that one.

I love it...Have they added a diff. yet?? Apparently if a diff. was installed on the car then it would be faster than a 911 cross-country in standard form...

PS Use the attachment system to upload pics not everyone has a high speed connectio...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

This is how modified cars were meant to be. Excellent work from StudioTorino on this one.

is the intercooler photoshop? wouldnt all the extra piping ruin the throttle response or a FI cars not affected by plenum volume?

Nice car but 300kmh is appproximately 186mph.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    is the intercooler photoshop? wouldnt all the extra piping ruin the throttle response or a FI cars not affected by plenum volume?
    yeh i thought that too...But i suppose as it is supercharged not turbo'd than i dont think throttle response will be affected as air isnt required to turn the turbo in order to get power as it is supercharged (belt driven so air isnt require a la turbo) but if a turbo was fitted then throttle response would definitly be affected as it takes some time to get the air from the front of the car to the middle then to the turbos.....
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Wow, I love the exterior but I can't say the same about the interior. Just looking at it makes me want to barf. Who uses teal, puke green and carbon fiber on the interior? Is RUF always this distasteful in designing their cars or is this another firm that modified what RUF modified? I'm not ordering a Cayman from this company...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    The marketing blurb on the website says that it is a supercharger of sorts and it doesn't make any mention of an intercooler. I'm presuming that the thing in the front spoiler is just a big water radiator that looks a bit like an intercooler.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Edit: I don't think RUF even modified a Cayman, considering I looked on the RUF website before. So I guess the supercharger, seats, and stuff came off of a Boxster?

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    yeh i thought that too...But i suppose as it is supercharged not turbo'd than i dont think throttle response will be affected as air isnt required to turn the turbo in order to get power as it is supercharged (belt driven so air isnt require a la turbo) but if a turbo was fitted then throttle response would definitly be affected as it takes some time to get the air from the front of the car to the middle then to the turbos.....
    in a turbo the exhaust spins the turbine which spins a seperate turbine. this second turbine sucks in air and sends it through the intercooler into the engine.

in a super charger a belt drives the turbine which sends air through an intercooler into the engine.

when a car has a single throttle for all cylinders the size of the intake effects how sensitive the engine will be to throttle changes. I dont no know engough about forced injection to say if it also faces this problem.

From their webiste:
    The water-cooled charge cooler has a cooling water circuit with an electric water pump from the water cooler in the front spoiler.
    From the Boxter on their website:
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 08-18-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Thread Information