Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

I suspect then it's uncertain of language use
    Venturi uses a space reduction to increase airflow to generate low pressure area.
    A simple front splitter and rear diffuser with a flat bottom IS still a venturi.

Granted there are then lots of secondary aspects of car airflow underneath for other effects inducing guiding air to places where it's pressure can be used more effectively.
    Worthy engaging him next time you see him to explain.
    The only other reason I can foresee a designer saying it's not a venturi is that they are using the presure manipulation to alter the effective center of gravity of the vehicle.
    But again, it's a venturi.

So I can only think we've a confusion over terminology.
    OR were you discussing the X1 in particular ? As soon as you introduce fan to produce the low pressure THEN it's corrent to say it's not a venturi.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

No no, I was just talking about the Venturi thing.
    He specifically said it's just a convergent/divergent duct, not a Venturi. I know this sounds pretty much the same, but it excludes a terminology confusion.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll see him any time soon (next year?), and my advanced aerodynamics course is one year away as well. Now that I think about it, my young aerodynamics teacher is probably as puzzled as I am on this specific little controversy. May ask him what he thinks about it should I meet him in the meantime.

EDIT: not sure if the repositioning of the center of gravity is to be considered, but it's a good point. It wasn't mentioned though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

yeah Leon, I think he's being pedantic

As soon as flow is controlled by shape to compress it and speed it up then it IS a venturi.
    That it's not a "Venturi tube" is possibly true as the edges in current racing cars is in reality a pipe of infinite width but with large restrictor. But even for ME that's a level of pedancy (!) too far
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

When do you get the red bull car in gt5?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I think you get it through completing the Vettel challenge at lvl 40(Bronze apparently is good enough), or when your B-spec driver hits lvl 35.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Can you actually change the tires back, if you've bought lower ones for the idiotic dummy? If you can I can't fathom out how...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You change tire in the same menu that you disable TCS/ASM before the race. NOT the setup screen....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Did anyone remap the controls? I set the triggers as acceleration/brake and the square and x as shift up and down, respectively. Yet I still occasionally shift up when I want to shift down. >_<

The national B slipstream tests were quite fun. The sense of speed is much better; <200 hp cars no longer feel as though they're traveling at walking speed.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Of those that play PS3 and 360, which controller do you prefer?

What are some of the pros and cons of each in your eyes?

I have long hated the PS controller, and I think Xbox's controllers (barring the firs giant one) have been the best I have ever used.

Gran Turismo 5

SeXbox controller by a landslide
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

PS3: Good face buttons, shitty triggers.
    xBox: Good triggers, shitty face buttons. Don't own one, but I've used my roommate's PC version and ones belonging to other people.

It's a wash.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I've used both, the 360 controller is pretty comfortable, good for shooters I guess, but I like the PS3 controller.

I don't play shooters, so I'm good.

PS3 by a long shot. Way more versatile, way more comfortable, and I disagree that the triggers are shit, I think they are flawless. In theis game, throttle and brake control is excellent if set the sensitivity.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

360.. have never found the gumby playstation controls natural. i still hold up the gamecube controller as one of the better examples
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

GC controller is excellent (why does no one else to clicky triggers?), and xbox 360 greater than PS3. I never liked the dual shocks, I don't like the left stick being placed where it is. In this day and age, the d-pad is barely used.. why have it in the prime location?

That being said, the d-pad on the 360 pad is hateful. Apparently the fancy twisty new one is much better though. Nintento still have the best d-pads.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information