Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

DLCs are out, for US finally(rest of the world it was out last week). $12 buys you all the extra DLCs released this time, includes Spa, new Kart track(s), the aforementioned addon cars, new colors, and new racing gear.

Spa is great, AFAIK its the most recent version of the track uses in F1, using the F1 start-finish line. Only tried 1 new car so far. Is it worth $12? Considering thats like a fifth of the price of a full game, probably not. But GT5 is lacking content and I'll probably get whatever is coming out anyway, if it adds cars or tracks.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Red Bull gives you WINGS!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLverSVnXJc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLverSVnXJc&feature=related[/ame]

This weekend I went home and updated and played GT5.

Overall I feel like the update didn't do much. Yes, menus are much faster to load now, but the rewards from the seasonal events are much less now- overall, I feel like I get 1/4 of what I used to get. You could get almost 400,000 credits per race, but now you get only 100,000. The whole point of seasonal events was so that you didn't have to grind so much. Leveling up is much harder now too, the experience you get per race dropped considerably.

The extra Nurburgring 24 Hours Nissan GT-R I couldn't find either.

Not worth upgrading in my point. But I did enjoy driving a 1970 Nissan Skyline.

I had a chance to try out most of what the new update had to offer on my friend's game, but I wasn't really blown away by it. I'm not firing up GT5 again until they release an update that upgrades a significant chunk of the standard cars in premium ones. And considering how long it takes PD to get a single car done, I'm not expecting to have to pull that disc out again for quite some time now.

I have to wonder: how long they are gonna work on updating and supporting GT5 vs getting started on GT6?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I had a chance to try out most of what the new update had to offer on my friend's game, but I wasn't really blown away by it. I'm not firing up GT5 again until they release an update that upgrades a significant chunk of the standard cars in premium ones. And considering how long it takes PD to get a single car done, I'm not expecting to have to pull that disc out again for quite some time now.

I have to wonder: how long they are gonna work on updating and supporting GT5 vs getting started on GT6?
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother updating it for a while if I knew the update sucked so much.

Leveling up is much harder now just by doing Seasonal Events.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The extra Nurburgring 24 Hours Nissan GT-R I couldn't find either.
    It's in the Nissan dealer. I bought it but haven't driven it yet; been too busy enjoying my 750+ hp hellaflush Audi RS6 wagon.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Very disaponted with these updates, i even bought the dlc, i haven't touched it since i got it. I've been playing GT4 these last few days.

GT5 was never a very fun game, and this update and dlc really doens't had much.

And Spa in F1 mode sucks, Spa without the bus stop?

From what i've read they're already working on GT6 and DLC will be coming every 2 months for GT5 (GT Planet).

After GT5 i'm not really that exited with the next one, i wont be preordering, i'll wait and see what comes out.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post

And Spa in F1 mode sucks, Spa without the bus stop?
    Bus stop has been changed like 4 times already in the last 10 years......this version I believe is the current version. The only difference between F1 version and sportscar version is the location of the start-finish and the pit area....95% of the PC sim(rFactor, GTR2, GTR Evo) are outdated Spa....

As far as the update goes, I don't really know what the expectation was for you, it was stated pretty explicitly in the document that there is some modification to the physics, the setup menu has changed, you can resume in endurance races now and the standard car have a fake cockpit view(with some open top car have actually a rather elaborate ones). And you can now actually set time of day and weather for tracks with that support in practice and arcade mode. Most of the updates are geared towards who actually still play the game. Its unrealistic to expect otherwise. Update 2.0 is FREE. Its just like any patches for PC game....I don't know what the older version will be any superior...Grinding has always been a bitch in GT...

DLC really is meh aside from Spa, but I would not hesitate to get more as long as it adds more track and more cars....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Bus stop has been changed like 4 times already in the last 10 years......this version I believe is the current version. The only difference between F1 version and sportscar version is the location of the start-finish and the pit area....95% of the PC sim(rFactor, GTR2, GTR Evo) are outdated Spa....

As far as the update goes, I don't really know what the expectation was for you, it was stated pretty explicitly in the document that there is some modification to the physics, the setup menu has changed, you can resume in endurance races now and the standard car have a fake cockpit view(with some open top car have actually a rather elaborate ones). And you can now actually set time of day and weather for tracks with that support in practice and arcade mode. Most of the updates are geared towards who actually still play the game. Its unrealistic to expect otherwise. Update 2.0 is FREE. Its just like any patches for PC game....I don't know what the older version will be any superior...Grinding has always been a bitch in GT...

DLC really is meh aside from Spa, but I would not hesitate to get more as long as it adds more track and more cars....
    Free updates i'm all for, even if some of these things should have already been in the store version. i've seen all the 'fixed' stuff, i still don't know why no hood cam, i could do without the new inside cam.
    As for the save feature i guess they really want us to do it like a true endurance, i wish it wasn't so, why can't i pick up the race when i want to? And the prizes for winning endurances are pretty weak.
    why couldn't they keep the same type of prizes like all other GTs, you win a race or race series and you win a car. even after you had already raced it.

GT5 will be remembered for me like a half product. GT2 was a great game, and then the series started to change direction.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I'd definitely agree GT5 is very weak as a "game". The reward/effort ratio is pretty low, and the A-spec I think is just too small in general. Where GT is strong, that is the actual driving portion, its still strong. And the graphics is still pretty good but in some area(shadow and anything to do with particle) can be much better, mainly because the rest of it was very good. But GT games for me since the very first one I played, the set "game" structure usually was abandoned by me after I got enough money to buy cars and drive them. And to that respect its not that different for GT5...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

GT5 does make for a great virtual driving experience...probably the best on the consoles at the moment. It just fails to compel outside of that singular experience. And I do agree...GT5 doesn't really detour from what GT has always done going all the way back to the first game; it's just that it continues to be disappointing that they aren't making more strides to progress the series going forward. It wouldn't take a whole lot to make Gran Turismo as great a game as it is a great driving experience...I just don't think PD is interested in going that route.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I think thats a typical Japanese developer attitude actually....The development of XBox by Microsoft brought a lot of changes to the console games in that it brings a lot of western influence to video game which in the past was primarily a Japanese territory(PC tend to be more of a western domain). They just don't adapt that well to the changing structure of the games...

My preference to GT is more one from convenience, I have a PS3 compatible wheel setup, I already have a PS3, and I can't use the wheel on XBox 360, and I don't have an XBox 360.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Another lackluster car pack.

But there are more updates, and the Toyota FT-86 will be given out for free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ing-next-week/

lackluster? It brings VW, NEW VWs!

lol, I wish they add my car, but Golf R is nice I guess, and finally Scirocco....

Since you are not really playing all that much it may not bring you that much gain, but the changes they are making to the interface, like changing standard car's wheel, receiving multiple cars at once, and adding garage access in event menu are some user complaints that are getting addressed directly. Not many dev are doing user request, most are just bug fixes....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Apparently the special GT-R can only be won by completing a Seasonal Event in that link?

Can anyone confirm that for me?

I thought it was available through the dealership.

Thread Information