Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
can you truthfully say you'd support such a system?

I DONT support such a system coz I'm a motorbike rider.
Many times the safest thing to do when some stupid cage doesn't see you is to get the hell OUT of danger as quick as possible !
Furthermore, do you really think that the future of personal transport should be "limited"? Surely the future should dictate that we should arrive at our destination quicker? How are we going to do that if we pander to ancient, impractical and unworkable laws?
erm, no point in arriving quicker if you've killed hundreds of people enjoying sitting in their greenhouse whilst you went past and blew the glass onto them with the supersonic shock wave.
THinking like a law STUDENT
THe greater good is always used in determing laws.
And yes, that's just as lame as being convicted of speeding for travelling at 80mph on an empty dual carriageway.
It's not. Statue books the world over are full of archaic laws and nobody uses them.
At the point anyoen was charged with that banana one it woudl go to appeal court and be over-ruled and thus removed from the statutes.
So to answer your question: "It depends on the law in question."
But that isn't your choice, the courts detemrine that.
There are probably plenty of other extremely important reasons, which I haven't so far covered, why restricting vehicles to the speed limit on every single road is a bad idea.
There aren't, ven the bike one is lame as it can be argued it was poor observation on my part in getting into dangerous position with a cager !
We've spent many an afternoon in the IAM motorcycle section discussing this with traffic cops
I mean: What would YOU do with your RX-8 or A610? It'd be like having a dick but never being able to use it!
Nope. To carry on your analogy, I chose to use my dick in women. Not play with it on my own in the bedroom. I push the cars on track
WHat you chose to do with your car/dick ... MAY impact others "freedoms" and thus be necessary to be limited.