Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New, lighter-weight Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

New, lighter-weight Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

I like what Cerberus has done with this car.

Cerberus - Press Releases Public Statements

[photo update] Dodge Viper ACR

Less unsprung weight and more downforce

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3...SRT10-ACR.html
    Last edited by togos452; 11-18-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added ultimatecarpage link
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

1,000lbs of down force at 150mph.....so this car can stick itself to the ceiling more or less. Wow. And hot paint job.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Hellz yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    1,000lbs of down force at 150mph.....so this car can stick itself to the ceiling more or less. Wow. And hot paint job.
    I'm gonna say less rather than more. Probably quite a fair bit less than being able to drive on the ceiling. Does look awesome though. But it only loses 80lbs, tops? Maybe a bit more effort next time there Dodge.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    But it only loses 80lbs, tops? Maybe a bit more effort next time there Dodge.
    Perhaps it was light to begin with...

Well, it isn't like they had a rich, leather interior with lots of trimmings and a huge sound system and complicated a/c system in there or anything to take out in the first place.

And how do you know how much down force it'll be getting? I agree that does sound rather far fetched, but there haven't exactly been a wealth of reports available to look at other than this one....if there is another article, with a different number, feel free to show it, it'll be nice to read more about this car.

EDIT: Light, the Viper isn't. I think it weighs a good ~3,100lbs nowadays?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

"The Viper ACR will also have an available "Hard Core" package that shaves an addition 40 pounds from the ACR's curb weight by deleting the audio system, underhood sound deadening material and trunk carpeting. Door panels are also replaced with carbon fiber and a lap timer can added where the audio system usually resides."

Lol at taking out the trunk carpeting to reduce weight, that suggests it's probably bare-bones to begin with. I do like the removal of the sound dampening around the hood, though - that seems very fitting for a "Hardcore" package.

I love the continuation of the red stripe across the steering wheel and the spoiler, that is what I call a nice touch.
    Last edited by Sackalack GT; 11-11-2007 at 09:03 PM.
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Well, it isn't like they had a rich, leather interior with lots of trimmings and a huge sound system and complicated a/c system in there or anything to take out in the first place.

And how do you know how much down force it'll be getting? I agree that does sound rather far fetched, but there haven't exactly been a wealth of reports available to look at other than this one....if there is another article, with a different number, feel free to show it, it'll be nice to read more about this car.

EDIT: Light, the Viper isn't. I think it weighs a good ~3,100lbs nowadays?
    There are several online reports concerning the '08 Viper ACR. The following link is from the Viper Club of America website. Also, it has a nice video:

The VCA and SRT are very proud to present... - Viper Club of America Discussion Forums

Although they have only trimmed about 80 lbs with the hardcore package the most significant reduction takes place where it counts...wheels, tires and brakes. They have reduced both unsprung weight and rotation mass.

Finally, I am surprised SRT did not use some of the carbon fiber body panels developed for some of their recent Viper concepts. They could have cut at least 100 lbs by using those panels. However, they probably did not use them because they wanted to keep the cost of the ACR below $100K.
    Last edited by evile; 11-11-2007 at 09:21 PM.

they need to cut a bit more wieght, except over the rear wheels
    i wonder how it would look without that centre scoop on the bonnet...or even just a smooth bonnet/hood...anyone feel like doing a chop?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That Viper is made of win. Heavy or not, it's hot. Do want.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I second that. Leave it in my garage plz.

nicest viper ever, love the color scheme
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

Please link this thread to the hide-out for images.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...treply&t=34796
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they need to cut a bit more wieght, except over the rear wheels
    i wonder how it would look without that centre scoop on the bonnet...or even just a smooth bonnet/hood...anyone feel like doing a chop?
    That center scoop is fully functional and is part of the new engine's ram air system.

Quote Originally Posted by evile View Post
    That center scoop is fully functional and is part of the new engine's ram air system.
    what is the rest of the eleventy billion square feet of frontal surface area being used for? cooling?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information