Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POTD

POTD

This not American Muscle.
    This is Aussie Muscle. It looks like a 1972 XA Falcon GT.
    There was a GT HO (called the Phase IV) that was basically banned by the Aussie government cause it was 'too fast'.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

See 'Submit a POTD' thread..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

It's a very very cool car. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the fastest saloon in the world for some time? It did like 150 mph.

My mistake fellas. I probably just saw the thumbnail and assumed American.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by 250gto boy View Post
    It's a very very cool car. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the fastest saloon in the world for some time? It did like 150 mph.
    The Phase III did 140 something MPH, and the Phase VI was looking at over 150. The Aussie Government basically blackmailed Ford and said if u make this we wont buy your cars for fleet (which is a lot of sales for Ford Aus.)
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo View Post
    The Phase III did 140 something MPH, and the Phase VI was looking at over 150. The Aussie Government basically blackmailed Ford and said if u make this we wont buy your cars for fleet (which is a lot of sales for Ford Aus.)
    Interesting. It should have done really well if it wasn't for the Aussie government. How many Stage IVs did they make?

Quote Originally Posted by 250gto boy View Post
    Interesting. It should have done really well if it wasn't for the Aussie government. How many Stage IVs did they make?
    They made 4, 3 road cars and a race car. They were discreetly sold by Ford. One of the road cars got destroyed though, by a Commodore towing a caravan.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo View Post
    They made 4, 3 road cars and a race car. They were discreetly sold by Ford. One of the road cars got destroyed though, by a Commodore towing a caravan.
    OUCH!! What series did the car race in probably V8 Supercars or some other touring car series?

Yea, they were for the ATCC, as it was at the time.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Yea, they were for the ATCC, as it was at the time.
    Cool. I'm assuming the other three road cars that weren't wrecked are MIA and no one knows where they truly are.

there's always rumours. like one is in a garage in sydney somewhere and bricked in etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    there's always rumours. like one is in a garage in sydney somewhere and bricked in etc
    I can't help but laugh at that. I always thought that every rare car should be shared with the world. But apparently not. But I definitely wouldn't mind owning one.

honestly i don't see the fuss - it's not all that hard to make a clone that's as good as, if not better, than the original (same for the 911 2.7RS).
    i'd be worried driving something so valuable.. clone offers all the fun with none of the worry.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    honestly i don't see the fuss - it's not all that hard to make a clone that's as good as, if not better, than the original (same for the 911 2.7RS).
    i'd be worried driving something so valuable.. clone offers all the fun with none of the worry.
    I've heard this argument plenty of times. I'm sure that u could make a more reliable clone but it's just the fact of being able to drive the original car. I mean would you rather drive a clone Ferrari 250 GTO or an real 250 GTO.

if it has the same chassis and roughly the same engine i wouldn't be worried if the numbers on the vin number weren't in the correct range. the feeling from the drivers seat is still the same
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 02-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Thread Information