21 47.73%
  • Chevy Corvette Z06

12 27.27%
  • Saleen SR

11 25.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscle car showdown

Muscle car showdown

as the title says: the best MUSCLE car there is out there right now, I mean at doin' muscle car things, draggin' and the such, the stuff that makes a muscle car what it is. My vote is the Saleen. If it were a production car this would have the best 60-0 braking, in just 86 feet, compared to the 360's and LanEvo's 106 feet. this is truely a beast.
    American Muscle: twice the cylinders, twice the awesome!

i'd take the vette because look what you can turn it into. plus you can lingfelder it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Definately

The Saleen, it's just beautifull and it's a monster too.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

nope, still the vette

Viper

I'll go with the Viper coz of its monsterous V-10 !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

And ofcourse because of its relatively limited quantity !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

corvette
    for the price it cant be beat

Tough call ......but i'll go with the Viper, followed closely by the Saleen , nothing against the 'vette - they all perform incredibly - it just don't turn heads like the others do.

A quick thought tho ..... none of these cars qualify as musclecars, at least in the original meaning, they are sports cars pumped full of sterroids

Talking vette vs. viper

hey, misho
    i dont mean to bust your balls, but you obviously dont know much about car engines (especially the power of the small block)

the viper may have a v-10, but it is totaly over rated, the vette has almost the same torque, and the all most the same hp (C6 is equal/ C5 is a little less), but what lets the vette own the viper is that its almost 350 pounds lighter, the viper may have it off the line, but as soon as the vette shifts to second gear it will blow right by the viper

ive seen it happen many times

vette owns all

noOne

you dont know shit either,

you think a saleen could beat a vette, hell no, they have no engine at all,

and as far as none of them being muscle cars : a 2 door car with a certain amount of horse power compared to the weight of the car (i.e. a 300 horse power engine pushing a small car would be a muscle car, a fat ass hippo car with 300 horse would not be)

a saleen, is basically a beefed up mustang (which was the first pony/muscle car made)

a vette is the greatest muscle car ever made, obviously youve never seen a '61-'92 vette, (they are pure muscle baby)

and a viper is just a beefed up peice of shit,

p.s. im not hating on you or misho, i just think you are miss guided

Thumbs down

Thanx for your opinion. I think you confuse sports cars and musclecars ... but that may just be an age generation thing.

Corvettes are known as america's sportscar just as an LS6 Chevelle or Hemi'Cuda - among others - are referred to as Musclecars. When I stated that none of these cars were musclecars in "the original meaning' , I was referring to the cars of the '60's and 70's which were intermediate size cars with big ass engines. I did make a mistake in not recognizing the Saleen as having its roots in the ponycar /musclecar era.

Later.

camarovette?
    what the heck is a camarovette?

Corvette's are a dream sports car but early muscle cars include 4-4-4's, Superbirds, Firebirds and Hemi's - they ain't sports cars they're real muscle cars.

4-4-4? dont you mean 4-4-2

Re: noOne

Originally posted by camarovette
    a vette is the greatest muscle car ever made, obviously youve never seen a '61-'92 vette, (they are pure muscle baby)
    hate to burst your bubble but the vetts from the 80's were nothing to be proud of, somthing like 200hp and slow as shit running down your leg(dont get me wrong most all cars were shit in the early 80's at least), also vette all the way! for bang for your buck and overall performance i'd take it over the other 2, not to mention its styling
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

originally posted by camarovette
    [quote][b]
    noOne
    you dont know shit either,

you think a saleen could beat a vette, hell no, they have no engine at all,

and as far as none of them being muscle cars : a 2 door car with a certain amount of horse power compared to the weight of the car (i.e. a 300 horse power engine pushing a small car would be a muscle car, a fat ass hippo car with 300 horse would not be)

a saleen, is basically a beefed up mustang (which was the first pony/muscle car made)

and a viper is just a beefed up peice of shit,

p.s. im not hating on you or misho, i just think you are miss guided

[b][quote]

Damn, thats a long way of saying "I have a different opinion than yours" ....but anyways, I'm just curious as to why you left out the '53 - '60 'vettes and the '93 - '04 vettes? Or were you trying to make a point that I just don't get?

One other thing, how do you figure I'm misguided? because my choice is the Viper and not the vette?

Thread Information