Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saleen S7

I think the S7 is the coolest looking car being made today. Looks like what a supercar should look like. I'm glad Saleen didnt ruin the car by adding a whole lot of junk like traction control, DVD players, semi-auto tranny, and other stuff that adds weight.

The S7 rocked me when it came out, it looked beautiful.....I mean it still is now but it's glory is fading. It was good of Saleen to bring out TT it's got a the turbos now. Maybe in a coupla years a new body will be introduced. I think the first movie it was featured in was Bruce Almighty, it looked great in that movie.

And a cool fact that I learned not to long ago is that the car has so much downforce at high speeds that it can acually drive upside down!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    And a cool fact that I learned not to long ago is that the car has so much downforce at high speeds that it can acually drive upside down!

wow pretty cool
    [img]http://www.thelamborghini.com/images/middle-banner.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.lamborghiniclub.nl/banner.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    Sorry but i don't believe you...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    it's possible, it just creates over 2500 lbs of downforce at 200+mph. Of course, it can't 'fly' updie down, because it needs to be constantly going at 200mph, which it can't when the tires are off the ground.

In theory, it's possible, but practically, it's not.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Let's put wings on it!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

lol, you supply the car, I'll supply the wings.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    lol, you supply the car, I'll supply the wings.
    If the wings can be detached and attached as wanted, and I get to keep the actual car, sure!

dunno about the detached and attached part......You have 500,000 lying around?

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    i think most F1 cars create more downforce than their total weight so theoretically they could drive upside down, as does the JOSS.

Yeah, all F1 cars create significantly more downforce than their total weight. Their downforce is in the tonnes while they're only 650 odd kg.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i think most F1 cars create more downforce than their total weight so theoretically they could drive upside down, as does the JOSS.
    F1 cars yes they could drive upside down, just make a circular tunnel and get it going, at about 200mph turn to the wall and start the climb to the seeiling, it's possible, what i say was that i don't believe the S7 has the aerodinamic to do that, i don't believe it can provide that much downforce (2500 pounds).
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    F1 cars rely on downforce to get around the track fast (well, equally compared to their weight and RPMs). Increasing the downforce improves your 100-0 without bigger brakes, 60-0, slalom without giant rotors, lateral G without a better suspension, turn in, etc. etc.

It's cheap power.

Why do people think it's such a big deal that the car can 'fly' upside down? It's not that hard to do, all you need is a giant wing at a 45 degree attack angle, a lowered, light car (aka, civic), and a front lip with a 45 degree attack angle. I imagine it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    Why do people think it's such a big deal that the car can 'fly' upside down? It's not that hard to do, all you need is a giant wing at a 45 degree attack angle, a lowered, light car (aka, civic), and a front lip with a 45 degree attack angle. I imagine it's not that hard.
    I'm not that overly suprised that the S7 can do it, as every single one of those 3945298365293862349 scoops creates a little bit of downforce, the shape of the car itself greatly helps, its small spoiler does a good bit too. The car was "designed by the wind" (Not exact quote, but I think that was said by Steve Saleen, in an interview with Road and Track about the S7).

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I really like the S7, Steve Saleen has vast (succesfull) experience behind the wheel in racing cars and in designing them. The S7 is a reflection of that. It's the best supercar ever made in the US.

Great pictures. I think this one looks pretty cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information