Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2004 Mazda 3 - any mods avail yet?

ok thats cool... for future refference don't make it to simple the 2nd explination u gave was fine. thanks for the help

i'm learning here too, thanks

heh, heh, heh, post number 69, heh, heh, that's cool.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Could you post a few pics etc of it over in the users rides section? If possible take the Egg Nog test, stab a piece of paper over the gearknob with your name on it to prove its yours.

so <AAA-MOD> since we hi jacked ur thread are you any closer to making your choise to what mods your going to do? and how far do you want to take your modification (just wondering)? and which engine did you opt for? any way have fun with the little beast.

we chose the GS with just the 2.0L, entirely based on our available monthly funds. we weren't prepared for a new car at all but i hit a deer a few weeks ago in our '89 Volvo 740 Turbo. the insurance company decided it wasn't worthwhile to fix it so we received an extremely huge payment of $2000 for it (note my sarcasm).

Therefore we needed something quick, within the budget.

I think i'll wait til Mazdaspeed comes out with some accessories/mods later this year, since they'll be warrantied by Mazda. no desire to destroy the factory warranty too quick when it's our only car.

in case anyone's wondering, i'm married, 2 kids, a house, and plenty of bills that come with all of them. that's what sets my budget.

i'll post some pics as soon as i get a chance to take it somewhere worthwhile to shoot.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

lol u needed some1 to tell u a 12500 redline was impossible with a stock engine? thats f***ing hilarious
    if the stroke of the engine was 3 inches at redline it would be moving at 6250 feet per min. and the s2000 only goes about 5000 feet per min
    what do formula 1 cars rev up to ? 19 000 lol and they're designed for this man

yea yea i know this was dropped like days ago but its still really funny

oh well dats my 2 cents :P

last thing though, if you bought a mazda 3, dont expect to be able to turn it into any drag race king. and for the love of god please dont put a wing and carbon fiber hood on it cuz itll be a waste of money ... if you just want better millage and drivability, get a cold air intake or maybe just replace the filter (is the mazda 3 still using those box type intakes? if so u might wanna change) exhaust may be too costly to replace but a cat back system will ensure better throttle response, and power

an ecu upgrade for the mazda 3 is atleast to me useless since they are useful mainly because it allows u to control compression ratio's and such which would be a somewhat marginal gain without some other modifications which will be costly (might as well get a new car)
    Last edited by KnifeEdge_2K1; 04-30-2004 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1

last thing though, if you bought a mazda 3, dont expect to be able to turn it into any drag race king. and for the love of god please dont put a wing and carbon fiber hood on it
    Would you try to turn it into a drag car If you were married with two kiddies? And if it was your only car? I know i wouldnt, so i think we can rule out almost completely the chance of a ricer here. I think it was a good desicion to buy a mazda 3. I like the looks of them. Hope you enjoy your new car.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

ya i actually didnt read any thing in the thread other than the first post, (im lazy sue me.)
    now ive got a chance to read through it i think it was a reallly good decision since the civic is too well ... ordinary. the new 3 and 6 are major accomplishments managing to merge drivability and reliablity like no other surpassing even the honda accord (well to me atleast)

again i appologize for my quick judgemental nature.

lol and on a personal note my bro let me drive the 98 accord today. we just changed the air filter and he wanted to test the peak end performance and i was going 120 kph through a 60 zone lol, good thing there were no cops and ... well no other cars cuz i was weaving everywhere :P

Thread Information