65. You may not vote on this poll
  • American

21 32.31%
  • European

44 67.69%
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: American Cars VS European Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    So for the sentance "American cars are heavy" to be true in your eyes, it MUST include "average".

Because only the "average" car is heavy.

BUT, for the sentance "Americans are not astronauts" to be true, the fact that this refers to the "average" American does not need to be stated.

There is logic there I don't understand.
    Try taking off the rose colored glasses, as Marte would say.

TRUE: the AVERAGE american car is heavier than the AVERAGE european car
    FASLE: american cars are heavy (that would include all american cars)
    TRUE: Americans are not astronautns (that means ALL americans, just like ALL american cars, obveously not every american is an astronaut)

You try to twist it round as if I am the bad person "picking" on the Americans, but if you aren't going to make sense I'll just leave you to it.

As I just proved above you seem to twist things around...

No replacement for displacement bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    ok, your funny slicks.
    mosler and factory five? ok, how about ultima and donkervoort(however it is spelled).
    Ultima uses the LS1, an american engine just to let you know. And the donkey car is more like a race car than a street car.
    tell me about a magnum compared to a volvo v70, tell me about a 300c compared to a 5 series, the hummer compared to a range rover. tell me about the doge ram and ford f150, tell me about the excursion and suburban and avalanche.
    The Volvo V70 is roughly 300lbs lighter(depending on options) than the more powerful Magnum R/T (hemi) and the base V6 Magnum is also more powerful, while getting the same gas milage as the V70.
    The base 300C is $23K, the base 5 Series(530i actually) is $45K. The 300C in base trim weighs 3700lbs and the BWM is also 3700lbs. The 300C Hemi is closer to 4000lbs, but the equivilant M5 is 4000lbs.
    The Hummer, RAM, F-150 etc. are trucks, what do you expect? They are not made considering weight... Lets try to keep to topic of CARS being compared to eachother. Why dont you just start thowing in our planes and boats while your at it?
    th c6 (3200lbs) is not light it is an average wight car. just like 911(3200), the boxter(3100, the viper(3400) or a 350 z(3400). its a normal wight for a sportscar.
    Nor is it heavy.
    It is light compared to Astons and Jags though.
    and i dont know how u see something wrong with saying american cars. i dont know where you come from but, here saying american cars is a general term and it is therefore assumed someone is talking about the average american car. dont get all worked up.
    The statement was stupid enough to sound like you were refering to all american cars. Be specific next time, not everyone can read your mind, or know what exaclty your talking about.

EDIT: look at the poll, the people have spoken!
    Ironically the people have spoken, the ones from europe picked european, and the ones from america picked american. Thanks for prooving nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You try to twist it round as if I am the bad person "picking" on the Americans, but if you aren't going to make sense I'll just leave you to it.

SO OWNED
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Be specific next time, not everyone can read your mind, or know what exaclty your talking about.
    A first !! OWNED by yourself

Ironically the people have spoken, the ones from europe picked european, and the ones from america picked american. Thanks for prooving nothing.
    Actually some didnt' vote at all and pointed out the error of groupings
    You couldn't be saying "the people" and meaning SOME of the people coudl you ROFLMFAO
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

ooo i just saw this thread

I'd have to say, Europe makes super awesome supercars, and equally so does America...except we call them musclecars...example 1969 Camaro's, Viper's, older and newer corvette's

but for the everyday driver, i'd say that America and Japan have mastered the art of family or personal vehicles, especially Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Ford and Chevy

its all personal opinion, so yeah this thread is ..........yeah
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    but for the everyday driver, i'd say that America and Japan have mastered the art of family or personal vehicles, especially Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Ford and Chevy

its all personal opinion, so yeah this thread is ..........yeah
    Hmm interestring take on the "family car", werty.

VW, Ford, GM have taken on the Japanese cars and beaten them in Europe.
    Renault and Citroen sell by the bucket loads. So much so with Renault they buy a controlling share in the Japanese 'greats' and turn the comapny around. Gosen is talked about in management circles as an example of excelletn leadership - it used to be everyoen looked to Japan for manufacturing leadership design. Now Nissan relies on a Brazilian workign for a French company to teach them how to get even ebtter

This is one of those horrible comaprisons becaues the cars you see aren't the ones we get - you have to wait about 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

This is one of those horrible comaprisons becaues the cars you see aren't the ones we get - you have to wait about 5 years

then move over here, we get the cars we make, plus we get your cars on time
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

We get to own and drive the cars you make as well if we want to.
    nobody preventing US from buying in your cars.
    Some folks chose to do that. Up our way used to be full of American cars when Holy Loch was still a US base
    You actually get our cars LATE. only once it can be made CHEAP do the big companies bring in the old Euro platform to be the "new US" platform. Ford are the worst. It does look if GM are a little quicker at bringing in the new designs. AND you're pretty much prevented from owning a European built car by excessive import restrictions - standards etc etc. As I said a horrible comparison as the US Ford Focus and GM Cavalier ( what's it called now ) are pale shadows of the newer gen Eureop versions.

SO OWNED
    Oh yes, I was so owned by that statement that I already proved wrong...

Actually some didnt' vote at all and pointed out the error of groupings
    You couldn't be saying "the people" and meaning SOME of the people coudl you ROFLMFAO
    Your trying to hard now...

The people as in "the people who voted" obveously. On top of that I was moching ZeTurbo.

Sorry try again.

Your trying to hard now...

The people as in "the people who voted" obveously. On top of that I was moching ZeTurbo.

Sorry try again.
    I love how you just don't understand sarcasm as a means of ggetting a point over.

These last 2 just went straight over your head didnt' then

Oh yes, I was so owned by that statement that I already proved wrong...
    I haven't seen you "prove" anything in this thread, but quite frankly I don't care anymore.

I have reached the conclusion that I have had enough of your incessant attempts to "get one over" on the "opressors".

Sometimes you make good points, but in general I tire of the constant "offensive" stance you seem to have taken up. To me it serves no purpose to respond in the forseeable future.

Good luck with the arguing, and good day.
    Thanks for all the fish

Nor is it heavy.
    It is light compared to Astons and Jags though.

as u said for the trucks
    what did u expect ? they are luxury cars.

so yeah, this argument will never be solved...

where the heck is the one who started this thread anyways? i bet he is laghing watching us going at it.
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 02-09-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Aston is supposed to be a sports car, and they are freakin heavy. the all aluminium XJ is a alright though.

[ortiz under a different name]*

Thread Information