Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear in Australia...bit behind though

Top Gear in Australia...bit behind though

Quote Originally Posted by SBS TV
    Nine-part series
    Starts Monday 12 December
    7.30 pm

Top Gear is a high octane mix of performance cars, adrenalin, comedy and celebrities and will screen on SBS Television on Monday 12 December at 7.30 pm. It�s the hugely popular BBC motoring magazine program that test drives and brutally appraises the world�s most popular cars with startling honesty � along with celebrity laps, irreverent wraps and breathtaking stunts and driving.

Top Gear is a world away from the stuff of motoring sections and manufacturers� brochures. With its extraordinary popularity in the UK, the Top Gear presenters are a dominating force, making and breaking some car models with their recommendations, and making manufacturers cringe as they, like the audience, wait for the verdict as the Top Gear hosts test drive the latest and fastest cars.

And look out for the Aussie Holden Monaro in episode one when it�s tested against the best of British and American car technology on a Welsh beach.

Along with car tests and comparisons, news and reviews, all delivered with stinging wit and disarming honesty, Top Gear features Star in a Reasonably Priced Car when well-known celebrities try for the fastest lap on the race track. With its three presenters egged on by a studio audience, Top Gear is the most entertaining car show ever to appear on Australian television.

The three hosts of Top Gear are Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. Jeremy's irreverent style turned the motoring industry on its head when he first appeared on Top Gear in 1989; James has been writing for car magazines for many years; and Richard is a genuine petrol-head who started his career in cable television before moving on to Top Gear

In the first episode, Jeremy takes the new Porsche 911 Carrera S for a test drive, and according to him the car has a ride so rough it will turn your bones to dust on a bumpy road. That said, he says it�s still one of the best handling cars ever made.

In Star in a Reasonably Priced Car, English funny man Bill Bailey (star of Black Books) manages to zip round the race track in a respectable 1m 53.4s, which is a bit faster than the time posted by Eurovision�s Terry Wogan, who holds the second slowest time ever of 2m 04s.

The boys also take some cars out for a spin on a beach in Wales as they trial cars from Australia, the USA and Britain. The cars are the Vauxhall Monaro VXR (Australian), a Chrysler 300c (American) and holding up the British corner the Jaguar S type R. After a day of comprehensive thrashing through sand and water the team all agreed � the Monaro was the clear winner.
    http://www.sbs.com.au/whatson/index.php3?id=1139

All well and good, and this is a very cool episode, except for the fact that this episode originally aired on the 24th of October, 2004. Wee bit behind but hey, it's better than watching Drive, which was HORRIBLE

I really can't wait. So badly. I hope it isn't like Pimp my ride....3 episodes all back to back, then never again...
    All about the t-tops

Thank goodness (and SBS) we are finally getting it. Drive is a disgraceful embarrasment as has been every AU car show since the ABC's great Torque series way back in the '70s

Seeing as our government wowsers literally won't permit AU automotive TV adverts to portray any reference to speed or acceleration, how long do you guys give it before our elected nannys are up in arms against Top Gear and demanding it be banned?

I can almost see the headlines now:

"Driver caught doing 62km/h in 60 zone - SBS blamed"
    "High speed crash carnage linked to TV show - Govt study"
    "Speed-worship TV series causes teen horror on our roads"

"A new Automotive based TV show gets constant high ratings all around the nation, is nowhere safe?"
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    "A new Automotive based TV show gets constant high ratings all around the nation, is nowhere safe?"
    haha nice one

Will be interesting to see if you guys get the unadulterated versions or the "international" ones. Clarkson said a couple of weeks back that US TV companies were far to restrictive on what they could and coudlnt' say when they produced "their" versions
    bittorrent is your friend !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Will be interesting to see if you guys get the unadulterated versions or the "international" ones. Clarkson said a couple of weeks back that US TV companies were far to restrictive on what they could and coudlnt' say when they produced "their" versions
    it mentions that Bill Bailey is in it, which tends to point towards the proper British one, as the one made for the USA has the guests removed as most US viewers wouldn't who they are. Also, the running about the channel that's showing it is that its name, SBS, stands for "Soccer before Sex" so I doubt there'll be any issues about cutting out any naughty language or jokes

yay something good to watch during christmas apart form the usual dribble
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

For those with Foxtel, Top Gear is also on BBC each Saturday evening and repeated on Sundays. About 4 months behind. Still great show.
    Fifth Gear is also on Foxtel on the Lifestyle channel - I think they're starting to show 2005 episodes next week.....
    Still, better late than never.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

The last top gear i seen was The HSV GTO was tested and this drifter guy was driving it sideways everywhere and he couldn't speak English but he said guddda kaaaarrr guddda kaaarrr.
    And Top gear loved the GTO and i mean loved it. Clarkson i broke my back in one of these cars boo hoo tissues
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

YES!!!

No more Drive the that shitbox "Car Show". Both hosted by ditzes apart from that Wheels/Motor guy on Drive.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Great Top Gear on TV ill be watchin You guys will love the Vauxhall Monaro VXR (HSV GTO) in the wet sideways and at the Pendine Sands. Like SlickHolden said the Jap guy said guddda kaaaarrr guddda kaaarrr

Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    http://www.finalgear.com/
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Peter PaP
    Thanks, I'd lost all these when viper007bond shut down his server
    Excellent
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Next week on Top Gear UK: Veyron vs Cessna light Aircraft from Monte Carlo to London. Dribble.

Yeh ill be tuning in most likely.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information