Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Captiva to challenge Ford's Territory

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Korean Daiwoos with (fully imported) Holden 'DNA' ?? And now each new Falcon taxi has a fully imported EU soul, god help us, to match its fully imported driver no doubt
    Cultural cringe to the max They put a Euro gearbox in the Falcon and it is suddenly Euro

Holden makes such a big deal about their Koreans with Aussie built engines. I've noticed they have dropped the line "Holden means alot to Australia"
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I dont think it would take much for someone to recognise the Barina and Viva for their alter egos. The Captiva naturally would be harder, but theres been the odd person also saying the Statesman looks Korean, now that Holden have started building them for export markets.
    A Caprice came straight at me today and i drolled In silver the are very nice i like the front look it could be a performance car with that look looks better then the old grange.
    Then the statesman does look different too the caprice. I used too like the Statesman's in the 90's thought the Caprice was g.a.y. Then they gave it some sport and flicked the tosser up market posh look with chrome and that everywhere and just made it look better and the statesman got ugly
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Yes, yes I am I do think the ad is quite good.

The ad says something like a European soul, but built in Australia.

EDIT:

"European spirit, precision and safety are all available in an Australian built car. New Fairmont Ghia, a very European drive"
    I'm a Fan boy too i love the CAMRY!
    Can holden go Eruo with the French built BMW 5 speed
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I'm a Fan boy too i love the CAMRY!
    Can holden go Eruo with the French built BMW 5 speed
    I would love to see Holden go* Euro-Korean.

*I'm incorporating Holdens advertising scheme into my post.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Go Euro Go Holden Go Korean Go stick your head in the door and close it hahahaha Ouch! that hurt my ears

Hey guys, Seen my first Captiva today. Bigger then expected well stuck together it's got good room the rear seats are easy too work and loaded with features, Has a real Commodore feel inside about it looking at it.
    I loverly elderly couple came up too me when i was fiddling around with it, And ask me ok what's the verdict any good??.

Now here is where you all will laugh... I just sold my First Ford Territory..
    But here is why, They explained too me they have a V8 2001 Statesman, And they tow a dirty big caravan. What they want is interior room something easier too get in and out of and of course tow. I said too be honest if you said anything but tow i would say on first impressions it's nice for a family of just getting around town, The back seats are full size adults but only will hold kids at best. Very easy too work how they go up and down. It looks great sits high room is great. But! If you talking towing the Ford Territory is the best too buy for that and all over ability, And they handle car like as i drove one too bathurst as we all know. Unless you want a new VE V8 but that seems not on your list it's more SUV. Captiva is great value for money it's loaded, But the Terra is loaded with torque and power and a 6 speed. It's best too tow and get around day too day, I told them i'm a holden man i like them and drive them but this is a unbiased recommendation on what you are looking for, Her husband said i'm a GM man how can i go too ford now.
    So they spoke too a dealer and told him we think we like the territory for towing that young holden man told us it's better for our needs. The dirty look i got Exit stage left.

But honest it looks fine it's a good size and comfy with good features, I'm sure it wont be too bad on power, But with that power and FWD it's maybe not the best too tow some big caravan around if you like economy.

You should've accompanied them to the Ford dealership and demanded a commission

Quote Originally Posted by caz_375
    You should've accompanied them to the Ford dealership and demanded a commission
    hahaha true

The Captiva looks good, if very Korean (Which nowadays more often than not is starting to be pretty good). Certainly more adventurous than the Territory's styling.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    The Captiva looks good, if very Korean (Which nowadays more often than not is starting to be pretty good). Certainly more adventurous than the Territory's styling.
    Saw my first Captiva just last week. I've never been a fan of black plastic bumpers and this is no exception - get rid of that and the captiva will look better. Wether or not it looks better than the Territory is debatable, the Captiva doesnt touch the Ghia, but its getting there.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Captiva MaXX looks awesome.

Captiva Korean looks fairly average - it's inoffensive but sort of tough looking.

I have no doubt it will find some sales.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information