Thread: im looking for a piece of statistic

im looking for a piece of statistic

i was talking to one of my friends from norway and germany and got onto the the topic of salary

i know engineering schools (fachhoschules) are free in germany and free as well. i think this is the case for many EU countries other than the UK, so i was wondering, what is the median salary like for a registered/chartered/professional engineer in continental europe?

tnx for any replies
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i was talking to one of my friends from norway and germany and got onto the the topic of salary

i know engineering schools (fachhoschules) are free in germany and free as well. i think this is the case for many EU countries other than the UK, so i was wondering, what is the median salary like for a registered/chartered/professional engineer in continental europe?

tnx for any replies
    I probably know just as much or less than you, but if I had to guess.. it'd be on par with American engineering salaries. What it comes down to really is the skill/grades one leaves with from Uni. If you needed a ballpark figure for your average engineer in Europe, I'd guess something like $70,000 after a year or two in the workplace.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Auto-Ingenieur/in - Gehälter-ABC - sueddeutsche.de

here it says in German that a beginning car engineer will start with 40,000 Euros per annum. However this is the gross salary and taxes and social security could take about 30% away of that figure.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Auto-Ingenieur/in - Gehälter-ABC - sueddeutsche.de

here it says in German that a beginning car engineer will start with 40,000 Euros per annum. However this is the gross salary and taxes and social security could take about 30% away of that figure.
    That is considerable, a novice engineer in Ontario makes about 50k a year which scales up to 90+ with 20 or so years of experience.

I am not however familiar with taxation levels however.

I read a while ago that the average beginning salary for engineers in norway is 400000 kr a year (78000 USD or 50000 euros)
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Same in the Netherlands, but because of the massive shortages the salries will rise rather swiftly ! I've heard amounts of 100.000€ after 3-5 years from fellow students and teachers.

The study costs 1500€ per year, excluding all other fees. So you can expect to spend another €1500 per year on books and papers. €800 on computer stuff, like a laptop and the associated things like printing costs and a new datastick every now and then(I tend to lose them). Then offcourse some money on coffee, food and travelling but i'll leave that out.

We get €76 a month from the government and a free public transport subscription for weekdays OR weekends. The costs are by far not covered though. If you do not make a 4 year study in 5 years, you also have to pay those two back, which is roughly €3500 per year.
    Last edited by drakkie; 07-06-2008 at 01:37 AM.

In the UK a senior engineer should make 50-75k, in aberdeen thats inflated due to oi/lgas to aout 75k-200k depending on how well your known and your speciality.
    autozine.org

where weould i look to find the median income? i mean here in canada i just look it up on the government website and it says (from cencus) the median is $64,958.40. this includes intermediate, starting, senior, gay, straight, bisexual, blind, black, asian, jewish, and colorblind engineers. i mean im only getting ranges here but in actuallity, there should be only one single number from the government's census.

these are not statistics i am getting, mainly hearsay
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Thread Information