Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: will europe and east asia be devasted if...

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Crown vics are being phased out, but for T&LC BMW would be the choice.
    Wait, aren't BMWs just a little too expensive as replacements for the crown vic?

And if they find a BMW the same price as a crown vic, wouldn't that be a little too small compared to the ford?
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Europe and Asia will not be devastated if the Crown Vic will no longer be built...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

hah, thats what YOU think MWAHAHAHAHA
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Europe and Asia will not be devastated if the Crown Vic will no longer be built...
    Hey, you guys wouldn't be getting any more of those kick ass police chase shows from the US. We'd probably be stuck using crappy little cars like they use in england and we'd start becoming afraid to ram people at high speeds, too. Thus the end of high speed chases and those videos. How sad would that be? Yeah, you think about that.

Actually, we could probably just start importing the videos from south african chases. I don't even like those shows, but some of the south african chases are insane.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

i dunno, cops are upgrading to hemi dodge chargers all over the country
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    Wait, aren't BMWs just a little too expensive as replacements for the crown vic?

And if they find a BMW the same price as a crown vic, wouldn't that be a little too small compared to the ford?
    well the lincoln town cars go for close to 50K
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post

I don't see why they would be too expensive. 90% of our taxis are Mercedes (mostly E-class) and the remaining bunch are some vans, BMWs, VWs and a few percent of other car makes.

If our taxi drivers can pay for them so can American taxi drivers Especially since cars cost a lot less over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    If our taxi drivers can pay for them so can American taxi drivers Especially since cars cost a lot less over there.
    Taxi fares are also a lot lower in North America.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Taxi fares are also a lot lower in North America.
    But so are gas prices, taxes and vehicle costs.

i can not iomagine a fleet of cruisers of taxis becoming mercs only, there is just no way. belgium is a richer country per person, i believe. plus places are closer so you never go that far in a cab anyways.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i can not iomagine a fleet of cruisers of taxis becoming mercs only, there is just no way. belgium is a richer country per person, i believe.
    No, it isn't.

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The difference is the concept of a Benz in Europe and in the US.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

GDP per capita is not a good indicator of how much people in the country make - median and mean wage is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    GDP per capita is not a good indicator of how much people in the country make - median and mean wage is better.
    but then you get the complication of different tax levels. As a proxy GDP works, however in a country like the USA where the wealth is so concentrated, the average wage might be much less than in countries where wealth is more evenly spread.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ok then so look at the median wage after taxes. That is a very good indicator of what your average person makes after the taxman takes her/his cut. I emailed Stats Can and got some very good info pertaining to average and median wage in Ontario and Canada and if I wanted I could probably calculate roughly how much a person with those wages would make after tax.

Would this not be a more optimal solution albeit much harder to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    No, it isn't.

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The difference is the concept of a Benz in Europe and in the US.
    yes it is

data is skewed due to billionaires in the united states

nice try though

Thread Information