• other mammal (specify)

3 6.98%
  • chicken

4 9.30%
  • turkey

0 0%
  • other bird (specify)

3 6.98%
  • my favourite animal to eat isn`t here (specify if you are not a vegetarian)

1 2.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your favourite animal...

i saw actually once seen a 60 minute infomercial on bison burgers

not bison meat, steaks, legs, tails, or anything. just burgers.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Irish lamb followed by Argentinian beef.

Bison burgers are okay - if not cooked dry. For some reason that happened to me on more than one occasion.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Had some Emu, Kangaroo & Croc the other week.

Thought it was delicious
    Concurrance.

But I think Bacon has it over most of the meats suggested.

However it's chicken that sustains me & my family.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Bison burgers are okay - if not cooked dry. For some reason that happened to me on more than one occasion.
    Yeah, it's very easy to overcook bison burgers. They don't need very much time at all, people are just used to cooking out all the red in regular burgers. Though I even like some pink in my beef burgers, if you use quality ground it's delicious. This thread is making me hungry, and I'm also curious about what the most adventurous meat that everyone's eaten is (or food for that matter).

I guess I'll go with horse, mostly because of how taboo its consumption is in most of North America. I've tried some weird parts of regular animals though, and alligator was an interesting change.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

i've had rabbit once, tasted realy bad, probably because it was from wal-mart and was clearance
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I was tempted to buy a set of his Shuh Alton Knives a month or so ago when they came up on woot.com. Think it was a set of 7 for $279 or so and they retail for MUCH more than that.

EDIT: It was $249 and came with a bamboo block. 5 bucks shipping
    we have several shun knives, and we are working to buy a full set. but first we are going to re-do our kitchen. i highly recommend shun. all of their knives are really fantastic, especially the ken onion knives, which i have the chef's knife. they will completely change the way you use a knife.

btw, the steak was fantastic. ive been cooking them in a cast iron skillet lately, and it works really well. still need to get some gas for the grill, and anyway it has been raining for the last 2 months.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i've had rabbit once, tasted realy bad, probably because it was from wal-mart and was clearance
    Haha, hot damn. I don't trust Wal-Mart for quality meat and fresh food in general, let alone with specialty meats. You've got to get stuff like that from a local butcher or marketplace. That said, rabbit legs are quite delicious. Nice meaty drumsticks, almost like a delicious game bird.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    btw, the steak was fantastic. ive been cooking them in a cast iron skillet lately, and it works really well. still need to get some gas for the grill, and anyway it has been raining for the last 2 months.
    LOL. Grill isn't in anyones vocabulary in the northeast right now. There's been a two week span where the high temp has been under 32 with wind chills dipping below 0 and snow's on the way. I know it's colder in the upper Midwest but this is irregular.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

While on the off-topic of knives; Global! Got a bunch of them. Love'em.
    Turning money into memories.

LOL. Grill isn't in anyones vocabulary in the northeast right now. There's been a two week span where the high temp has been under 32 with wind chills dipping below 0 and snow's on the way. I know it's colder in the upper Midwest but this is irregular.
    meanwhite south central ontario has been alternating from above to below freezing point every other day

how strangeglobalwarmingconspiracies?

well it has been cold for monterey, lows in the low 30s, highs in the 50s. although 2 weeks ago for 4 days we had a high of 78. warmer than in the summer here. crazy california.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    While on the off-topic of knives; Global! Got a bunch of them. Love'em.
    don't like the globals. i met kat cora once, and i asked her what she used, and thats what she said. i tried them out, but they are too light. i like a hefty knife, i learned my knife skills on a very heavy 10'' chef's knife. one reason i like the ken onions is that they are very stout, but amazingly comfortable. if you've never played with one, do it, do it nao.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Haha, hot damn. I don't trust Wal-Mart for quality meat and fresh food in general, let alone with specialty meats. You've got to get stuff like that from a local butcher or marketplace. That said, rabbit legs are quite delicious. Nice meaty drumsticks, almost like a delicious game bird.
    If any large chain of stores, Safeway seems to have the best quality meats.

Whale meat, freshly harpooned.

Just kidding, i actually am against the Japanese for killing the whales for meat.

I went for beef, theres nothing like a New York Cut steak at the end of a hard day.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

All you can eat 16oz steak... That's nice

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    What about elk meat?
    For those who haven't tried it, it's a lot like beef, but a lot leaner.
    Seconded, either that or Venison for me. Good old white tail deer taken from my grampas land will never become outdated, boring, or tasteless. All the more you know you gutted, sliced, and cooked it yourself. Thats my way or working.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information