• other mammal (specify)

3 6.98%
  • chicken

4 9.30%
  • turkey

0 0%
  • other bird (specify)

3 6.98%
  • my favourite animal to eat isn`t here (specify if you are not a vegetarian)

1 2.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: whats your favourite animal...

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    don't like the globals. i met kat cora once, and i asked her what she used, and thats what she said. i tried them out, but they are too light. i like a hefty knife, i learned my knife skills on a very heavy 10'' chef's knife. one reason i like the ken onions is that they are very stout, but amazingly comfortable. if you've never played with one, do it, do it nao.
    Yessir, will do when I get the opportunity. The lightness and balance of the Globals are what I like best about them. Need to keep them well sharp though.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The issue is, we have a crazy cat lady in our neighborhood who feeds the cats. It's not fair that our house is so close to her house and the cats just cut through our backyard. It's not the fact that I mind them moving around, it's the fact that they turn our backyard into a litterbox. And we need to clean up after them. I would love to use them as target practice. Plus, they're super loud when the females are in heat, especially at night.
    Well, if you don't hate them all that much, try a paintball gun or airsoft gun. We solved our problem by putting our malamute in the front yard at night, and for some reason cats don't like 117lb dogs. You could also try putting down cougar or wolf urine around your property, that tends to keep strays away. Works for deer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    psshh...kobe beef is good but waay over priced. just get yourself some good nebraska corn fed beef and you'll get almost as good of a steak for much less price

as to the rabbits and cat problems...learn to shoot a bow if you live within city limits. I eradicated my neighbors rabbit issues (eating his garden) with my bow.
    I didn't realize bows were legal in city limits.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    You could also try putting down cougar or wolf urine around your property, that tends to keep strays away. Works for deer, too.

but then you have have to worry about all the friggin wolves and cougars! id rather deal with rabbits personally (just kidding)

probably depends on the city but as long as nobody can see you, you probably dont have much to worry about since bows are almost noiseless, especially compared to a .22.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    psshh...kobe beef is good but waay over priced. just get yourself some good nebraska corn fed beef and you'll get almost as good of a steak for much less price

as to the rabbits and cat problems...learn to shoot a bow if you live within city limits. I eradicated my neighbors rabbit issues (eating his garden) with my bow.
    It was good when I had it, but probably yeah, it's the way the cow is raised, so it'll probably taste just as good. Again, I don't know where to buy that stuff. I only had that Kobe beef once. Had to try it when I went.

Well, if you don't hate them all that much, try a paintball gun or airsoft gun. We solved our problem by putting our malamute in the front yard at night, and for some reason cats don't like 117lb dogs. You could also try putting down cougar or wolf urine around your property, that tends to keep strays away. Works for deer, too.

Gee, I wonder why with that dog?

The paintball/airsoft gun seems to be the most fun method of dealing with the problem. A bow would be cool too.

Where do you buy wolf or cougar urine? And how exactly do you harvest that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Where do you buy wolf or cougar urine? And how exactly do you harvest that stuff?
    Where else? Internet. Or one of those outdoors/hunting/camping stores I guess, like Cabela or Dick's.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Where else? Internet. Or one of those outdoors/hunting/camping stores I guess, like Cabela or Dick's.
    I had to go check. Yes, the local Dick sells urine.
    Turning money into memories.

venison bar none

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Cow for almost all situations, although I have been eating a lot of ham and cheese sandwiches lately.

I've never had rabbit, goat, or horse, but I would love to try them sometime. I had deer jerky once, but haven't had the oppurtunity to eat venison since.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Almost ate our horse once when he chewed on our car. I think horse is actually the only meat people eat commonly that I haven't tried.
    Huh, commonly eh? I didn't think it was common anywhere in NA outside of Quebec, from what I've read. I'd say try it if you can, if not for the sheer joy of mentioning it to horse lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    If any large chain of stores, Safeway seems to have the best quality meats.
    Ah, we don't have those around here, at least not in the GTA. Luckily I live downtown in Toronto, and I'm blessed with the St. Lawrence Market. You'd have to be a doorknob to shop for anything fresh elsewhere.

Also, seeing as we're talking about fish now, you haven't tried fish until you've had a proper tuna steak. Seasoned and seared on the outside, raw on the inside. I'm talking proper tuna, not canned flaked.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    St. Lawrence Market. You'd have to be a doorknob to shop for anything fresh elsewhere.
    do you shop for groceries at the SLM? im thinking about getting my food from there now on. is it actually straight out the farm? do you know how soon is the animal slain before being sold at the SLM? and what about the vegetables are the picked straight from a greenhouse (im assuming it can't possibly be a farm around this time) and made available here?

let me know, thanks

and also, what about the kesington market?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

for meat shopping i generally try to find a real butcher. i have had a lot of good luck with them in the past, and usually really good prices. there doesnt seem to be any where i currently live, so its Whole Foods for us now. they are fantastic, and do dry aging on site, but witheringly expensive.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    for meat shopping i generally try to find a real butcher. i have had a lot of good luck with them in the past, and usually really good prices. there doesnt seem to be any where i currently live, so its Whole Foods for us now. they are fantastic, and do dry aging on site, but witheringly expensive.
    yo what are small fish that are low in mercury count that you mentioned, i am still curious
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    yo what are small fish that are low in mercury count that you mentioned, i am still curious
    i just did a quick search for safe fish and came up with this site Guide to Which Fish Are Safe to Eat

their list of safe fish is this:
    Moderate mercury: Alaskan halibut, black cod, blue (Gulf Coast) crab, cod, dungeness crab, Eastern oysters, mahimahi, blue mussels, pollack, tuna (canned light). (Children and pregnant or nursing women are advised to eat no more than one from this list, once a month.)
    Low mercury: Anchovies, Arctic char, crawfish, Pacific flounder, herring, king crab, sanddabs, scallops, Pacific sole; tilapia, wild Alaska and Pacific salmon; farmed catfish, clams, striped bass, and sturgeon. (Children and pregnant or nursing women can safely eat two to three times a week.)
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    **waits as oceanic voters come and lamb/goat makes comeback**

y'all just wait and watch
    Let me be your guest.

Make all the New Zealand jokes you want but all of your countries would be screwed without our tasty lamb meat....

Thread Information