Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini vs. Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Lamborghini anyday. Ferrari is silly.
    A bold claim; why do you say that?

Gotta say I'm shocked at the amount of Lambo lovers we have. I never would have guessed an Audi influenced company had so many fans over stand-alone Ferrari.

We have to turn this into a poll. Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Gotta say I'm shocked at the amount of Lambo lovers we have. I never would have guessed an Audi influenced company had so many fans over stand-alone Ferrari.

I am surprised as well, but I'd say that there may be a silent majority of Ferrari fans.

If there's a poll, it should be public so we can see if a bunch of people crawl outta the woodwork to vote: not that there's anything wrong with that, but I want to see how the regulars vote.

Here's what I think.

Ferrari are a legendary manufacturer that has more racing success in the fastest/most expensive/top formula of open wheel racing (and the most expensive motorsport), as well as the 2nd most success at Le Mans.

Say what you want about their road cars (and I think most would say that Ferraris are more rewarding to drive at 10/10ths than Lamborghinis for whatever that's worth), but the legend of Ferrari at the racetrack makes them my favourite.

If I somehow were to come to a point in my life where I could afford a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, I suppose it wouldn't matter what was best at 10/10ths for practical purposes, but the fact that I knew my car was better at the limit might mean something for me - even if I never took it there. Besides, Ferrari's may well be more engaging to drive even at relatively low speeds.

Lamborghini may have made the best looking recent car in my eyes (the Murcielago), but Ferrari made the 2nd best looking - the F355 - which pretty much ever since I saw The Rock has been my favourite car. It may not be as fast as newer 600 hp monsters - and it may not be the best - but it has that nostalgia factor, and was one of the first cars I ever liked (the first being the DMC-12 - movies played a big role in my early interest in cars).

The Countach is also one of those early cars I loved, but I undoubtedly must give the edge to the F355.

Then, you have maybe the best looking car of all time - the 250 GT SWB - coming from Ferrari.

If I factor in road cars too, I have to go with the manufacturer that makes my favourite car - Ferrari.

I recently mentioned I don't give a crap about what JC thinks about cars, but what the hell, if he agrees with me, I'll trot a quote of his out; him on the F355: "The best car in the world, ever."

Ferrari with a roof, Lambo without.

Also, merge this thread with all the others asking the same question?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Lambo, i'd just feel silly in a Ferrari (the new ones) if it was a pre 360 then i'd go for Ferrari (355/456) and never in red/yellow.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Lambo straight up.

Sounds, looks,

I'll gladly admit they are probably slower than offerings from Ferrari but if you cant have fun at the speeds a Lamborghini can reach you're doing something very wrong.
    exactly. seem to offer so much more of an 'occasion' when driven, just this past weekend had an experience with an LP670 SV (not me driving obviously..).
    as said before, if i was worried about speed/racing, i'd be lookng at porsche, so that leaves lambo..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Pre 00s = Ferrari
    Post 00s = Lambo

We need a poll option up in here.

I'm on the Ferrari train. They look better and perform relatively the same plus it's a thoroghbred. Compare the number of diff. models produced to Lambo and they prolly have them beat 3-fold with almost every single one of those models being breathtakingly beautiful (except the Mondial of course and i was never a fan of the 166).

Just gonna add, Desmo and Ruim, much props for the 456 love. 'Tis a wonderful beastie.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post

Ferrari isn't standalone, they are owned by Fiat. (Along with Alfa, Mazzer, Lancia)
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo View Post
    Ferrari isn't standalone, they are owned by Fiat. (Along with Alfa, Mazzer, Lancia)
    When I say stand alone, I mean they do their own thing and nobody to my knowledge influences them. Ferrari doesn't go to FIAT for help, because FIAT can't really offer much. Lambo on the other hand benefits from Audi's knowledge (they share parts). The only time in history where I can think of a partnered project between Ferrari and Fiat was the 246 Dino.

What if, either of them aren't really your cup of tea?

PS. Ferrari has benefited from other manufacturers, including buying Lancia's cars because theirs were too slow and beign little more than a racing team using Alfa Romeos...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I can go along with the first three, but it puzzles me that you would take the last two over a Miura. Perhaps being around when it was launched (first as a bare chassis and then next fully clothed) will cause me to consider it to be one of THE cars of the last century.
    Miura never did much for me. A Ferrari Daytona has a higher top speed, more reliable, MUCH easier to get in and out of and MUCH more comfortable. While the styling isn't as revolutionary as the Miura, I happen to like the way the Daytona looks better.

Now here's a little challenge to the Lambo faithful: Name a significant race Lamborghini has won.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Now here's a little challenge to the Lambo faithful: Name a significant race Lamborghini has won.
    i don't think people like lambo's for racing.. and nothing wears more than ferrari owners waxing on about how 'their' car won such and such race.
    usualy as they park it on the boulevard next to the lambo's anyway.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I don't think race wins are important.

It is cool that Ferrari races though.

Thread Information