Thread: LeMans broadcast

LeMans broadcast

I have yet to see any real action on the LeMans broadcast.

ALL I HAVE SEEN IS

1. Cars cruising
    2. Pitstops
    3. Interviews
    4. Replays
    5. Scenery shots

Why is this?
    Last edited by Classic Anycar; 06-18-2005 at 03:54 PM.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    12 Hours has passed.

LMP1
    1. Audi
    2. Audi
    3. Pescarolo

Forgot about LMP2.

GT1
    1. Aston
    2. Corvette
    3. Corvette

GT2
    Porsche 1, 2, and 3
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap

Forgot about LMP2.
    I think everyone forgot about LMP2 before the race even started! I don't even know why they bother with it really. It's just a handful of average and uninspiring cars driven by a bunch of people nobody's really heard of and run by a bunch of chronically underfunded teams. I think by about the 6th hour the lead LMP2 car was behind the lead cars in both the supposedly slower GT classes!

As for the overall victory, well, it was interesting while it lasted seeing someone other than the Audis leading for a while. I think it was about 2 and half hours until the lead Pescarolo pulled in with gear selection problems and gifted the lead back to the Audis. Still, at least it doesn't look as though it's gonna be a 1-2-3 for the Audis, the Pescarolo has crept back up the timesheets to third and is definitely the fastest thing out there (nearly 13 secs faster than the leader on that last lap alone!). Amazing as it would be I think making up four laps deficit in 11 hours could be a bit too much to ask! I hope they make it fairly close so at least we have something to watch tomorrow, not just a procession for the last couple of hours.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

For anyone who's interested I've found a pretty good free stream of Radio Le Mans. Good coverage and absolutely fabulous noises as the cars fly past!

http://213.248.114.91/globecast/globecast.asx

Enjoy!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I think everyone forgot about LMP2 before the race even started! I don't even know why they bother with it really. It's just a handful of average and uninspiring cars driven by a bunch of people nobody's really heard of and run by a bunch of chronically underfunded teams. I think by about the 6th hour the lead LMP2 car was behind the lead cars in both the supposedly slower GT classes!
    Not really, the GT1 class is faster than LMP2. LMP2 is just a bunch of good handling cars with less horsepower on the high-speed Sarthe. P2 are just lesser prototypes, otherwise they would be P1.

The LMP1 Dome had been doing pretty good for a first timer, it ran in 3rd place for hours until the Pescarolo overtaken it not long before the 12-hour mark. My favorite Team Oreca Playstation R8 is in 5th, but hopefully it can get at least 3rd by the end of the race.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 06-18-2005 at 08:59 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

The team Oreca car's up to 4th now, and the Pescarolo seems to have had some kind of incident at the Michelin chicane and lost about a minute!

The lead Audi seems to have responded to the pace of the Pescarolo with Tom Kristensen just setting that car's fastest lap of the race so far, 3'40.744. He definitely seems to be smelling his all time record victory!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Looks like Allan McNish has binned his Audi from 2nd place! Deja vu for the Scotsman after he had a fairly massive shunt in last year's race. Looks like any chance of a win for that car has gone out of window. It'll mean they'll lose 2nd to the Pescarolo too, so I guess it could now be a 2 horse race for the overall victory!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

If the LMP2 class has no point, then that's even more the case with the terribly slow GT2 cars. The fastest LMP2 cars clock sub 3.50 times and are not the rolling chicanes the Porsches are.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

what does lmp1 and lmp2 and gt1 mean???arent all the cars in the same race???

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDance
    what does lmp1 and lmp2 and gt1 mean???arent all the cars in the same race???
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...tem.php&rid=84
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information